OT: Autographs/Hockey Cards Thread

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
View attachment 405836

My first synergy pack and my third ever epack (bought two UD1 and this synergy) lmao.

I am a very happy man. Just got into card collecting again and this is my first autograph.​
Nice pull.

I don't do a lot of E-Pack but I grabbed a couple packs of UD Series 1 after seeing this post. Nothing good a couple midling Young Guns. But for some reason this card was pulsating red and I have no idea why. Doesn't appear to be anything out of the ordinary unless I'm going crazy. Any idea why I'm getting the red pulsating?

Screenshot_20210310-195738.png

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Nice pull.

I don't do a lot of E-Pack but I grabbed a couple packs of UD Series 1 after seeing this post. Nothing good a couple midling Young Guns. But for some reason this card was pulsating red and I have no idea why. Doesn't appear to be anything out of the ordinary unless I'm going crazy. Any idea why I'm getting the red pulsating?

View attachment 405909
French version of the base card. The siren thing is pretty annoying lol

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
Nice pull.

View attachment 405909

Lol I would be getting all hyped if it went red for no reason thinking something big was happening. But yes what @BestPlayerAvailable must be the cause.

Also. I was a bad boy and bought more packs after that glorious Hughes anddd....

Screenshot_20210310-224019_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210310-201933_Chrome.jpg

So I'm done now lmao. It's over.

Bought 4 more synergies, got these two and the other two were busts. But man I'm happy lol.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Lol I would be getting all hyped if it went red for no reason thinking something big was happening. But yes what @BestPlayerAvailable must be the cause.

Also. I was a bad boy and bought more packs after that glorious Hughes anddd....

View attachment 405927View attachment 405928

So I'm done now lmao. It's over.

Bought 4 more synergies, got these two and the other two were busts. But man I'm happy lol.
Damn you got these in four packs? I once bought three packs of SPX (from two different years) and didn't get a single hit despite the advertisement of "every pack is a hit" (although it counts no name rookies as hits).

Reactions: TheGreatOne11

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
Damn you got these in four packs? I once bought three packs of SPX (from two different years) and didn't get a single hit despite the advertisement of "every pack is a hit" (although it counts no name rookies as hits).

Yeah, 5 synergy in total equalled those three hits and two throwaways. But don't feel bad, I was feeling so good after getting the Hughes and such I bought those extra synergies but I also bought like 8 series 1 and man do I wish I never did that, literally nothing. Was BRUTAL.

Best card out of all those series 1 was Shane Bowers YG (already Have) or Keiffer Bellows debut, either way, I wish I just stuck to the synergies I already bought.

Side note, so I am going to wait to ship my cards to myself until I have more that I want so I just do it once, it seems shipping costs rise the pricier I say my card is, should I just lie and say they are all like 2 dollars worth instead of the truth for cheaper shipping?

Or am i taking a big risk because the price I write down is reimbursed to me if they somehow lose the cards or they are damaged? Was pretty pissed as a Canadian to look at shipping last night, was honest with a bunch of the cards worth and they wanted 45 dollars for shipping for something I've already bought.

Anyways. Sorry for the long post boys.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Yeah, 5 synergy in total equalled those three hits and two throwaways. But don't feel bad, I was feeling so good after getting the Hughes and such I bought those extra synergies but I also bought like 8 series 1 and man do I wish I never did that, literally nothing. Was BRUTAL.

Best card out of all those series 1 was Shane Bowers YG (already Have) or Keiffer Bellows debut, either way, I wish I just stuck to the synergies I already bought.

Side note, so I am going to wait to ship my cards to myself until I have more that I want so I just do it once, it seems shipping costs rise the pricier I say my card is, should I just lie and say they are all like 2 dollars worth instead of the truth for cheaper shipping?

Or am i taking a big risk because the price I write down is reimbursed to me if they somehow lose the cards or they are damaged? Was pretty pissed as a Canadian to look at shipping last night, was honest with a bunch of the cards worth and they wanted 45 dollars for shipping for something I've already bought.

Anyways. Sorry for the long post boys.

While I have no experience with cards and shipping, I always go for the full value with insurance. It seems like a waste of money until the time the package does actually disappear and you'll be thanking your lucky stars. It'll help you sleep better at night knowing they're covered or it does at least for me.

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
While I have no experience with cards and shipping, I always go for the full value with insurance. It seems like a waste of money until the time the package does actually disappear and you'll be thanking your lucky stars. It'll help you sleep better at night knowing they're covered or it does at least for me.

Dude. I really appreciate the reply and honesty. Thanks bud.

I shall pay the absurd price in shipping. But like I've heard. I shall wait to see if I get a few more hits before doing such things.

Thanks again man. I do appreciate it.

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
View attachment 408910
My local shop had Clear Cut for $85 a box and I had $75 in gift cards from my birthday. So I decided to gamble. It's a huge gamble but since it costs $140 a box on the big online retailers I figured I may as well try it.
Great deal! I opened up a box myself, pulled this. Not my favorite player for sure but still cool.

upload_2021-3-17_16-5-8.png

For $85 I think you have a really good shot to get full value for the box with your pull.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Latest pickup. One is not like the others lol...

Should've went with Timonen if they wanted another current player at the time.

View attachment 412004 View attachment 412003
I feel like Timonen has a surprisingly low amount of autos in products. Even Pronger would've done nicely, he was still under contract :laugh:

Planning to pick up 2021 S2 at all?
Probably not hobby, depending on how much my local shop has it for (they usually sell new stuff for less than the usual price). $175 isn't a price I'm too willing to pay for it. Retail, maybe.

Dicky Dangles

dangles the puck.
Oct 3, 2006
Manhattan Beach
Just pulled this beauty!View attachment 411926

If this is inappropriate talk, I totally understand and feel free to delete immediately. Anyways, I need some advice from the guys who really know the card market and pricing. Just out of curiosity, I listed this card on eBay to see what it might fetch. I don’t necessarily want to sell it, but I put what I thought was a relatively high “buy it now” price of $300 on it. I just got an “offer” of $250. What would you guys do? Is that a good price? Do you think it’ll go up/down? I got the hobby box for a presale price of $110, so it’s obviously worth it, but just wanted to hear from guys who know the hobby more than me. Thanks!

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
If this is inappropriate talk, I totally understand and feel free to delete immediately. Anyways, I need some advice from the guys who really know the card market and pricing. Just out of curiosity, I listed this card on eBay to see what it might fetch. I don’t necessarily want to sell it, but I put what I thought was a relatively high “buy it now” price of $300 on it. I just got an “offer” of $250. What would you guys do? Is that a good price? Do you think it’ll go up/down? I got the hobby box for a presale price of $110, so it’s obviously worth it, but just wanted to hear from guys who know the hobby more than me. Thanks!
Honestly yeah I'd say that is probably worth it, unless you plan to grade that card, looks like it's in good shape as far as I can tell.

Dicky Dangles

dangles the puck.
Oct 3, 2006
Manhattan Beach
Honestly yeah I'd say that is probably worth it, unless you plan to grade that card, looks like it's in good shape as far as I can tell.
Thanks, yeah, it’s in perfect condition as far as I can tell too. I hadn’t planned on going through the hassle of grading it, knowing it would probably take months to get it back anyways, so I think I may counter offer $275, and feel good if it gets accepted. I have no “sentimental value” for Kaprizov, so I’m honestly just looking for the best financial decision.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
$275 it is. Dang, that was quick. Hopefully the price doesn’t go through the roof. I’ll feel like a real piece of “2021 Flyers season.”
I think the YG prices are always inflated around release time. Kaprizov is a great player but unless he reaches Crosby or McDavid levels I'm sure that card will level back down to well under $200 eventually (though who knows with this market). I think you made a good choice.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
I think the YG prices are always inflated around release time. Kaprizov is a great player but unless he reaches Crosby or McDavid levels I'm sure that card will level back down to well under $200 eventually (though who knows with this market). I think you made a good choice.
Agreed 100%, especially since Kaprisov is an older rookie. I just wonder, if you were to send it off to PSA Express for $300 and have it back in 3 weeks, what a PSA 10 would go for. Risky since you can't guarantee it will be a 10 and $300 more dollars into it is a solid chunk of money but there will not be many 10's on the market with PSA's new prices and backlog.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad