OT: Autographs/Hockey Cards Thread

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Just received an incredible package in the mail and I will name drop the collector because he deserves the recognition.

A couple weeks ago, after he posted his first NHL win, I posted a picture of a picture I got signed by Vitek Vanecek at a Hershey Bears function last year. In my post I mentioned I'd love to snag his Young Gun at some point.

My friend Rage Hockey, who has followed and supported me since the beginning, and vice versa, messaged me saying he had pulled one and was willing to send it to me if I wanted. I was obviously down with that and he said he would throw together a little something to send my way, and that he'd ship it on Friday.

Fast forward to today and I received a package beyond anything I was expecting. Sweet Flyers autos, mem cards, Young Guns, and of course, the Vanecek YG (and a Synergy rookie). On top of that I received a package from some other friends of mine in the community, Twinning Collectibles. They run a game on Instagram called "Twinko" which is just like Plinko with cards and you're guaranteed to win something. Well, it turns out Rage had won a Morgan Frost rookie jersey during the last game and asked to have it sent to me instead.

20210127_175706.jpg

20210127_175614.jpg

20210127_175815.jpg

I'm still pretty speechless and I implore you, if you watch breaks on YouTube, subscribe to Rage Hockey (and Twinning Collectibles, for that matter). This is the most generous package I've ever received- I didn't ask for a single one of the cards, just a pure RAK (random act of kindness). People bitch about the community sometimes but it's been absolutely nothing but kind and generous to me. Will definitely be sending something back in return.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Got more incoming from trade #2 with my friend in Anaheim (714HockeyBreaks- again, give him a sub/follow on YT and IG if you're into card social media)
20210201_193655.jpg

IMG_20210201_193622_121.jpg

20210201_193708.jpg

Never really bothered to collect Patrick in the past so I'm glad to add some to my PC. Still need to get his YG though.

Also:

Thought I had all the Young Guns I needed from 20-21, but with this news looks like I'm gonna have to pick up McMichael's too.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Saw on Instagram last week that my LCS had 19-20 Series 2 retail boxes in stock so the Makar hunt will continue. Also holy shit, this cost me more than a hobby box did two months ago. This ****ing market
IMG_20210203_171731_776.jpg

Also bought a box of 18-19 AHL to open off camera in hopes of a Hart auto. But apparently he doesn't even have autos in the product despite being on the box. Could've been worse and at least it was cheap. (Of course the Petersen auto was right behind a Hart base card in the pack I pulled it from)
20210203_161744.jpg

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Picked up a 2020-2021 Series 1 Blaster box that I'm going to open this weekend. Not the best I know but this will be my first time opening physical packs.

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Picked up a 2020-2021 Series 1 Blaster box that I'm going to open this weekend. Not the best I know but this will be my first time opening physical packs.
Nice, retail's definitely the way to go with Series 1 and 2 this year. Hobby boxes are already up to $145 at my LCS and now that I have all but one of the Young Guns I need for my Flyers and Bears collection I don't know if it's worth it for me to get much more (not hellbent on pursuing Lafreniere). Not to mention the YGs have been in better shape pulled from retail than hobby (lots of rough edges in hobby). I do have a tin recorded that'll probably be going up this weekend.

I've been pursuing older stuff on eBay lately - it's been a couple weeks since I looked and it seems to change daily, but I found 11-12 and 12-13 stuff still going for fairly reasonable prices so I bought some. Those'll be opened and uploaded throughout the month.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
After a month I finally caved and bought a box of 20-21 Artifacts at my LCS. For those unfamiliar, Upper Deck has continued its stellar quality control into this year, and some boxes of Artifacts have zero hits even though you're supposed to get three. This was pretty much the reason I held off on buying the product. However, as a result of this **** up, some boxes have six hits (since the extra three were supposed to go in the one that had zero). Well, my box was a six-hitter, which unfortunately means some poor bastard who bought Artifacts at my local shop got totally gypped :laugh:

Also picked up a hobby box of Series 1 to take one last crack before I'm totally priced out of it. Asked if they knew of a definitive release date for Trilogy and Allure, both of which have been pushed back about 3 or 4 times each (Trilogy was supposed to come out the 10th!), and unfortunately their guess was as good as mine.

If prices keep going up and up, I might start allocating more of my disposable income on not only just singles, but also my Disney pin collection (which was totally neglected last year since I had to cancel my trip to WDW) and focus more on that instead, lol.

Reactions: Lord Defect

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Also, word to the wise: Panini still honors expired redemptions, even hockey, even though they haven't made hockey cards since 2014. Whether or not you get them is another matter altogether (if they don't have the card then they give you rewards points or something) but the site will still accept the code. Worth knowing if you're looking to buy some Panini hockey (which I personally always preferred to UD), because redemptions were never particularly uncommon in their hockey products.

Reactions: BestPlayerAvailable

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Hey strawberry, next time your in your LCS, can you ask them if non movie marvel cards are supposed to be coming out any time soon? Looking online I keep seeing virtual stuff and my son loves physical marvel cards.

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
Just an update from my last post here.

I was under the understanding that numbered cards weren't hits it was just memorabilia or autographs?

Anyways.

I have a story to tell lol.

So. I was annoyed I didn't get a hit, and the very dumb logic in my brain was "well maybe it's every other box" so I went back, didn't take the next one in line and I grabbed the one behind it.

(someone grabbed the one behind mine after I left, so you understand the logic lol)

Now I didn't get anything insane, but, boy oh BOY am I happy I followed my dumb logic lmao.

I received

1. Game worn Thomas Chabot jersey card.
2. Tyler Seguin dual patch jersey card /35
3. Phil Kessel threads of time card
4. Washington capitals Connor McMichael rookie card.
5. TIM F'ING Stutzle rookie card out of 750
6. Karill Kaprizov gold jersey rookie out of 399.
7. Dual patch Liam Foudy rookie card out of 599.

Found myself in this thread since Strawberry has a lot of knowledge and one of his buddies sent me here from the main board. So I read a lot of your posts my dude thanks for all the knowledge.

Even as a Leafs fan I shall be checking your posts from time to time to see if I can learn anything else from you, thanks for all the help even if we've never actually communicated lol.

@Strawberry Fields

Side note. Would you recommend going for more artifacts boxes or go for the hope of high end young guns collection cards from series 1 on my next purchase my dude?

All the best.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Just an update from my last post here.

I was under the understanding that numbered cards weren't hits it was just memorabilia or autographs?

Anyways.

I have a story to tell lol.

So. I was annoyed I didn't get a hit, and the very dumb logic in my brain was "well maybe it's every other box" so I went back, didn't take the next one in line and I grabbed the one behind it.

(someone grabbed the one behind mine after I left, so you understand the logic lol)

Now I didn't get anything insane, but, boy oh BOY am I happy I followed my dumb logic lmao.

I received

1. Game worn Thomas Chabot jersey card.
2. Tyler Seguin dual patch jersey card /35
3. Phil Kessel threads of time card
4. Washington capitals Connor McMichael rookie card.
5. TIM F'ING Stutzle rookie card out of 750
6. Karill Kaprizov gold jersey rookie out of 399.
7. Dual patch Liam Foudy rookie card out of 599.

Found myself in this thread since Strawberry has a lot of knowledge and one of his buddies sent me here from the main board. So I read a lot of your posts my dude thanks for all the knowledge.

Even as a Leafs fan I shall be checking your posts from time to time to see if I can learn anything else from you, thanks for all the help even if we've never actually communicated lol.

@Strawberry Fields

Side note. Would you recommend going for more artifacts boxes or go for the hope of high end young guns collection cards from series 1 on my next purchase my dude?

All the best.

Let's see some picks of these cards! I lurk this thread for the pics lol

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
Let's see some picks of these cards! I lurk this thread for the pics lol

You're going to be disappointed I'm the photos I apologize, also gotta wait for the good ones ALSO..ALSO.

When I typed in my rookie redemption from the first box, they said TBD, and NOW one of then is Ilya SOROKIN so that's cool boys.

I'll be sure to post pictures when I get them good good rookies my dudes lol. Can't Can't I pulled Stutzle and Kaprizov.

Attachments

• 20210225_185028.jpg
    20210225_185028.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210225_185000.jpg
    20210225_185000.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210225_185047.jpg
    20210225_185047.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210225_185131.jpg
    20210225_185131.jpg