Tennis: Australian Open 2020

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Both of them were aurally expressive. If anything, Muguruza was louder.

I don't like any of it, but as a player, I would be particularly annoyed by the lengthy duration of the moan , moreso than the volume.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
He basically has no chance these days against Novak or Nadal. He has to get lucky and hope for a off day from them. Age is too much of an obstacle to overcome most times.

He beat Nole last year the last time they played at the Masters Cup, and he almost beat him at Wimby too, so no he's not that far off, but here at the AO this is Nole's best court, so he's toughest to beat here.

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
An X factor with Roger tonight is his groin. If his movement is compromised, it will be a short night.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I don't know about that, he's at least moving well enough, he's on fire.

He's anticipating well, and he's hitting his spots at a high rate. Novak for whatever reason is not executing like you would expect.

It's been a perfect storm for Roger so far in the first set, and I hope it continues, but I doubt it.

Reactions: kihei

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
He's anticipating well, and he's hitting his spots at a high rate. Novak for whatever reason is not executing like you would expect.

It's been a perfect storm for Roger so far in the first set, and I hope it continues, but I doubt it.

Yeah, but also he's been dictating so Novak hasn't been able to execute. But here come the errors from Fed, will need to cut those out to have a chance.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Fed started strong, but it did not last long, he's waning quickly now, not looking good.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Novak is beginning to find his game, and stole a set in the process.

I'm thinking we are headed for a 3 set match.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Novak seemed to perk up late in the set when he started pounding on Roger's backhand and Roger kept hitting it into the net. For Roger to win, I think that first set was a necessity. But he's been Houdini this tournament, so I guess we wait and see.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I'd say he's feeling that injury now, moving a little gingerly at times.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I'd say he's feeling that injury now, moving a little gingerly at times.

I think he's looked a bit stiff from the start. The temperature is still over 90 degrees, but if the temperature drops rapidly, I think his motions will get even stiffer.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Federer looked annoyed at Novak early on in that set, when Novak was yelling. Federer kinda gave him a stare right after. I wonder what he was thinking at that point.

I give Federer credit though. He's playing through his ailments like a pro, and isn't making any scenes about it.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Federer looked annoyed at Novak early on in that set, when Novak was yelling. Federer kinda gave him a stare right after. I wonder what he was thinking at that point.

I give Federer credit though. He's playing through his ailments like a pro, and isn't making any scenes about it.
He’s the classiest top level tennis player in history. Rarely any controversy or bad behaviour from him.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Not much separating them, but Novak is clearly the better (and younger) player, and even incremental differences add up to a 3 set win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad