Tennis: Australian Open 2020

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Barty off to a strong start on her serve, not giving Kenin a look. Looks like Barty's going to get looks and it could be only a matter of time before a break happens.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
This has been a terrible 1st set of a semi. Both players are super tight.

Barty was in complete control of her own serve, though, until 5-5. A little window for Kenin here.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Nah, Barty's been good, Kenin's struggling.
Kenin has given chances for Barty to break in almost every service game (not necessarily break points), but she's committing a significant number of errors.

No idea why Barty's married to the slice backhand today, either.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Kenin, who played nervous all night, somehow got the set to a breaker and then somehow took the breaker. Barty looked tight a lot of that set, too,

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
What a tough way to lose the set when Barty IMO overall was the better player.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Barty wasn't maybe going for her shots as much as she should be though, still pretty solid.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Been a long week, gonna try to get up for the Roger-Novak match at 3:30, not sure I'll manage though.

Roger's not been in great form here, while Novak has been steamrolling his opponents as expected. But I'm holding out some hope for a miracle here.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Barty surprisingly nervous, wasn't nervous in the last match.

I just don’t see Barty despite her top ranking ever being a truly dominant player. She’s gonna win more grand slams for sure but man it might mostly be in New York and Melbourne. Not sure I see her ever winning in London or France

Reactions: Elvis P and kihei

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
I just don’t see Barty despite her top ranking ever being a truly dominant player. She’s gonna win more grand slams for sure but man it might mostly be in New York and Melbourne. Not sure I see her ever winning in London or France

Course she's not the best player, Andreescu is. She plays better outside Melbourne clearly going by this match and her only major is the French Open.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Pressure got to Barty. First female Aussie in the semis in 35 years.

Played better for most of the match, but may not win a set.

And there it is. Too bad.

Just incredible considering Barty has more big match exp., I guess she peaked in the Kvitova match, if you have a let down Kenin is not the player you want to play.

Reactions: CanadianFlyer88

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I think Kenin can beat Halep. She might be able to overpower her or wear her down. Very unlikely she beats Muguruza

Reactions: Elvis P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad