Injury Report: Auston Matthews - Shoulder - Mystery timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Ah crap, our gift from Bettman is actually made of glass! Too fragile for hockey! ;)

Maybe baseball should have been his calling. :sarcasm:

No need to add a high-priced D if he's out for the season! :shakehead

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
Please lord just be a minor seperation and out for 2-3 weeks. Thank you Amen.

Seems like that’s something they could tell with just an X-ray. Even if it’s someyhing like a torn labrum, the surgery’s are pretty great nowadays. Kessel had one right before he came to Toronto and never had trouble with it again.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Better his shoulder than his head. Even if it f***s this season, it is better long term for Matthews and the Leafs.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Mark Masters @markhmasters
Josh Leivo taking Matthews' spot on the 2nd PP unit at practice

which would mean that Leivo gets in.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I don't think Babs uses Nylander at C. I'd like him too though, but just don't see it
Martin for sure draws back in I''m betting and Leivo continues to sit
hope that it's Leivo over Martin most of the time, otherwise I really don't understand why we're keeping Leivo around

I guess Marleau could move into a center role for a bit to keep Nylander at the wing, looks like the practice lines are Nylander at C though

Goonface2k14

Nov 25, 2009
Maple Leaf Gardens
The MRI will reveal if there is structural damage. Everything else is just wild speculation. Often these things are just bone bruises and simply take time (days to weeks) for the inflammation and pain to subside.

I guess at this point, we have to try and stay optimistic until we know more. It's nice that they're not battling for a playoff spot like last season. Maybe this is the break Josh Leivo needed. Maybe Marleau plays centre and ends up staying there if/when Matthews comes back. Both could be beneficial for the team in the post season, when the games really matter.

Stepping back even further, imagine we didn't win the draft lottery two seasons ago.

I'll still take this scenario, with all of the uncertainty around it, with the hope that he can still come back before the playoffs, at the very least.

I'm just trying to keep perspective for my own sanity as a Leaf fan.

Let's see what unfolds on Saturday.

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
Well a torn ligement is usually from putting a lot of torque and stress on your shoulder so even with the contact being awkward as it was, wouldn't likely do that. The most likely scenario is a seperated shoulder and the MRI is just to see what the severity of the injury really is. I'd say out 3-4 weeks max.

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
If worst case scenario Matthews is done for the season I'll just take it as when Wentz went down for the Eagles. Meaning...we're gonna win the Cup lol.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad