Injury Report: Auston Matthews - Shoulder - Mystery timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
No need to get up in arms just yet. This is just to assess musculature and soft tissue around the shoulder- he'll miss some time, but it could be a week or two, rather than a couple of months.

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
They beat Boston back to back earlier in the season without Matthews. I know that was before Boston's crazy run but still not worried! Let him rest.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Hyman-Nylander-Marner

:naughty:

unfortunately more likely Hyman-Marleau-Nylander I cant see babcock moving nylander to C this year and I think he has really cooled on the idea altogether. Unfortunately I think Nylander plays better at C, he is currently better than bozak at it outside of maybe faceoffs but willy is pretty good at them too

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Time to see what Willy can do as #1 C, and Kappy as a topline winger.

get Auston nice and rested for the playoffs.

More importantly, time to insert Leivo. We're missing a PP player.

Marleau - Kadri - Marner
Hyman - Nylander - Kapanen
JVR - Bozak - Brown
Komarov - Moore - Leivo

Knowing Babcock though, he'll insert Martin and put Marleau as the center.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Time to see what Willy can do as #1 C, and Kappy as a topline winger.

get Auston nice and rested for the playoffs.
Yes pls - and have the Nyl-Kap combo leave Hyman in the dust so it's Hyman getting demoted, ideally with JVR & Bozak shipped tf out

2 1st lines of Nyl-Matthews-Kap and the Kadri line, with Leivo-Aalt-Johnsson and Hyman-Moore-Komarov would be nice

Last edited:

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
If Matthews is out a while:

potential good things (imo):
- Nylander gets a look at center so we can see what we have
- someone gets to move up the lineup, someone else gets to move into the lineup. Maybe Kapanen & Leivo get a bit more opportunity
- if it's a longer term injury, maybe that moves us from being neutral at the deadline to being sellers and we don't lose JVR/Bozak/Komarov for nothing

potential bad things (imo):
- if Nylander is good as a center, maybe his next contract's AAV creeps up a ways

to me, there's silver linings

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Injury report thread with already 4 pages....**** i had a heart attack, good to see it's 4 pages of basically nothing.
Yeah not much of anything. Still at the "we'll see" stage. Doesn't seem to be much going on outside of speculating on severity and using it as an excuse to demand trading all the UFAs. Which no matter how much time he might miss isn't going to happen.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
If Matthews is out a while:

potential good things (imo):
- Nylander gets a look at center so we can see what we have
- someone gets to move up the lineup, someone else gets to move into the lineup. Maybe Kapanen & Leivo get a bit more opportunity
- if it's a longer term injury, maybe that moves us from being neutral at the deadline to being sellers and we don't lose JVR/Bozak/Komarov for nothing

potential bad things (imo):
- if Nylander is good as a center, maybe his next contract's AAV creeps up a ways

to me, there's silver linings

I don't think Babs uses Nylander at C. I'd like him too though, but just don't see it
Martin for sure draws back in I''m betting and Leivo continues to sit

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Ehhh it's a start at least. I'm fine with giving Brown a chance with Nylander.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Jonas Siegel @jonassiegel
30s
William Nylander is lining up at centre today with Auston Matthews sitting out practice:

Marleau-Kadri-Marner
Hyman-Nylander-Brown
van Riemsdyk-Bozak-Kapanen
Leivo/Martin-Moore-Komarov

Nice, I like the lines.

Not Nice, this means Auston really is injured.

the fact the lines are adjusted though doesn't look good for Matthews though, last time he missed practice Leivo practiced at C for the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad