Injury Report: Auston Matthews - Shoulder - Mystery timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Matthews left the game in the 3rd period against the Islanders last night after a sandwich hit between Clutterbuck and another Islander. Looked like a shoulder/collar bone issue and he looked to be in some pain/discomfort. I'm sure we'll get an update today but hopefully it's only precautionary.

Last edited:

mapleleafs34

Apr 7, 2011
If he's done for the year including playoffs (which I think is unlikely), at least we could still sell our UFAs.
I'd put my money on him missing the next couple weeks so that he's 100% for the playoffs.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Said this already but a lot of us had already suspected Matthews was still playing hurt through that back/shoulder injury that caused him to miss 6 games earlier in the season, and I think the injury last night confirmed it. The way he collided with those 2 Islanders was not heavy pressure at all and more like his back/shoulder just said to him "ok, I can't take this anymore". He just had to have been playing hurt already and it would explain a lot of he was, he has looked off for such a long time now, even though he's been putting up points.

f*** Clutterbuck though, guy was being an ape trying to hit our stars all night. I remember when Komarov used to play that way.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Assuming it’s going to keep him out a few games, does Nylander move into his spot and Kappy get koved up to the open wing spot?

Marleau Kadri Marner
Hyman Nylander Kap
JVR Bozak Brown
Komarov Moore Leivo
Martin would probably be in for leivo

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
If you can read lips, looked like he said

“****, my shoulder again”

I always try to read lips, but he looked down as he started talking to the trainer behind him. I think it was his shoulder anyway.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Mathews is a big dude and that hit did not seem particularly hard or solid. Surprised when he came up wincing.

Reactions: ThewThew

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
If he's done for the year including playoffs (which I think is unlikely), at least we could still sell our UFAs.
I'd put my money on him missing the next couple weeks so that he's 100% for the playoffs.

id sell anyway, if you are not sure that the leafs will all be 100% then move UFA's. We need every single player playing at their peak level to beat tampa and boston, if we aren't smove JVR, Bozak and komo

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I hope that was sarcastic. Martin being on the bench would have had literally zero impact on that play

of course it was sarcastic. Martin provides no policing what so ever, even if he did he isn't a good fighter anyway. The policeman narrative needs to die a quick death, if a guy is going to hit to injure a player would be scared to fight someone? no not a chance hed take the fight and in our case likely beat martin. If it were a marchand type rate A: Martin would never be on the ice to exact retribution and B: Marchand would just skate away prompting marting to take a penalty if he wanted to do

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I always try to read lips, but he looked down as he started talking to the trainer behind him. I think it was his shoulder anyway.

It definitely looks to me like he said it’s my effing shoulder. Some people say they saw him sat. “I can’t lift it”. That’s less clear to me

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
It definitely looks to me like he said it’s my effing shoulder. Some people say they saw him sat. “I can’t lift it”. That’s less clear to me

Oh don't worry about that you just pop back in. Takes 2 seconds sometimes you just give it a lift. Should be ready to go! Go Leafs Go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->