Injury Report: Auston Matthews - Shoulder - Mystery timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
He says he's ready but hopefully that's more than just being able to skate around for moral support.

I don't know, we're likely facing Boston and all their goons will target his shoulder. Ugh.

Hopefully no one is pressuring him to do this. Come back sometime next season if that's what it takes to be 100%.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Hope he stays healthy for the remainder of the season and playoffs, so he can really rehab it up over the summer, and get in prime shape for next season.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
He says he's ready but hopefully that's more than just being able to skate around for moral support.

I don't know, we're likely facing Boston and all their goons will target his shoulder. Ugh.

Hopefully no one is pressuring him to do this. Come back sometime next season if that's what it takes to be 100%.

The doctors decide if he's ready to play...not even Babcock decides that, so if he's not ready to play, he won't.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Hope he stays healthy for the remainder of the season and playoffs, so he can really rehab it up over the summer, and get in prime shape for next season.

Going to be tough when facing the Bruins. Idk, it's hard to hide out there on the ice, should just stay put than playing injured like he said he will.

Finn16

Feb 15, 2018
Going to be tough when facing the Bruins. Idk, it's hard to hide out there on the ice, should just stay put than playing injured like he said he will.

I don't know...maybe we should just never play matthews again, it's just too risky I think.:help:

Matthews never said he was going to play injured and i trust the doctors to do what's best, forcing matthews out of the line up when hes healthy would probably make him hate management be honest.

as long as matthews is healthy and if hes playing he will be, the Bruins being a physical team will be a non issue for him.

Reactions: TMLeafs17

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I think Lou uses a phrase oft-times "If you have time, use it" - I don't think they'll rush Matthews back in if there is a higher then normal risk of him getting injured.

They could easily sit him another 1-2 games.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
even him revealing it was a shoulder injury rather than calling it an UBI was a bit weird. I have no clue what the reasoning is

I'm guessing it was just so obviously his shoulder? He got hit in the shoulder funny, then favored his shoulder, then you saw him on the bench say "f***, my shoulder".

ImpartialNHLfan

Oct 26, 2011
Parts Unknown

When should he come back next season? Around Christmas? All Star break maybe?
:help:

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Since Matthews is playing tonight isn't about time this thread gets closed?

I know this will sound stupid of me to say however leaving it open won't it be like a jinx, because if god for bid he's injured again it's like were waiting for something bad to happen and adding it onto here.

Reactions: TMLeafs17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad