Auston Matthews Proving Me Wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
the one on the left

y1NruGE_d.jpg

Lets be honest, Vladdy isn't saving the Jays. They're going to be bad for a long time.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I’ve always felt Matthews was a top 5 player but didn’t wanna be that guy being called a homer. Marner is playing amazing too, simply making it look like juniors all over again.

The one I have to start admitting I’m wrong about is Tavares I didn’t see the need and thought he would mess our cap up. He has been amazing and braught our team to a new level and even if he did mess up the cap it’s super worth it.

Now Nylander either sign or GTFO

TDotMassive

Jul 13, 2018
6ix
I wonder if he pulls a Tavares and bolts for his hometown team (Coyotes) when his contract runs up?
Ya sure... not before McDavid does the same, and comes home to join the Leafs. We should be able to get at least one season of McDavid/Matthews combo before he leaves for the Yotes, right?

Duffalufagus

Jan 4, 2017
He's the best NHL player this season. We'll see once McDavid gets some games in but right now it's Matthews, he will be talked about.
Lol. This 4 game season where the best player on the planet has played one game? quality take here.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Lol Its amazing the amount of people who are now suddenly claiming, "What if Auston Mathews decides to go home to Arizona?"

More like, "Please lord, have Mathews leave the leafs for Arizona. Im begging you." :laugh:

TDotMassive

Jul 13, 2018
6ix
Islanders fans thought tavares would be an islander for life. look what happened.
Well the Islanders sucked for his entire career there... they don't even have a freakin building. The organization is a gong show... what do you expect? You think he would've left if the Islanders were a championship organization worthy of a talent like Tavares? NYI was one of the worst runs organizations over his time there... can't blame him for wanting more.

Reactions: habdynasty

TheObserver

Mar 14, 2015
Tavares has to be up there as being one of the top players in the league. He finally has good players supporting him.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
what a horribly bad take. How does a 105pt team that adds Tavares miss the playoffs.
be prepared to be wrong when the leafs have a playoff spot assured in january.

goaltending? andersen was 4th in vezina voting. he is a notiorious slow starter, but he will end up having a good year

leafs are alot more than 3 players by the way. Matthews,Tavares,Marner,Nylander,Kadri, Rielly (kinda leading the league with 10pts) and Andersen

you are gonna get roasted when this is brought back up later in the year

Hope not (for my sake :) ) its gonna be very interesting, lets all see how it all pans out first before judging my....judgement :).

NeelyWasAWarrior

Don't Poke The Bear
Dec 23, 2006
Boston Garden
Well the Islanders sucked for his entire career there... they don't even have a freakin building. The organization is a gong show... what do you expect? You think he would've left if the Islanders were a championship organization worthy of a talent like Tavares? NYI was one of the worst runs organizations over his time there... can't blame him for wanting more.

I just think it made his decision easier, nothing more nothing less.

Reactions: Confucius

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
But, he's never cracked 70 points!!!!

But, he's not a top 10 player in the league!!!

He was playing injured for most of last season, this kid will go down as at least the second the best player of this generation.

The best was our pxp guy Dean Brown during the Sens-Leafs broadcast:
"He is NOT a superstar! He's never cracked 70 points!" and just getting so mad.
Keep being a shill Dean, I'll keep being a local fan that can appreciate the glory of elite players, be they Matthews, McDavid, Karlsson, Bergeron, etc...

Matthews >>>. He's so good.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Who is vladdy and why should we free him?

The guy that held off the Ottoman Empire from expanding for years and was known for his genocide and cruel method of execution.

He was eventually killed by the Ottomans and his head was sent to the Sultan, King Mehmed.

Reactions: InAbsensia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce