Auston Matthews - Over/under 82 points

Auston Matthews - Over/under 82 points

• Over 82 (ppg+)

• Under 82 (<ppg)

Results are only viewable after voting.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
If Matthews can play a lot more with Mitch Marner next season and even if it's just on the same power play line, I can see one of two things happening. Either Marner will set him up more goals which pads both their stats along with Matthews total goals or Marner will score more goals and Matthews will get more assists giving him the puck.
I think the former is more likely. Marner is an elite playmaker, but I don't see an elite goalscorer in him and I think it would play to their strengths much better with Marner setting up Matthews more frequently. It will be interesting to see if they end up playing together 5 on 5. It definitely dilutes the leafs offence imo given that they are the 2 best drivers on the team. I personally don't see Nylander or Kadri capable of being that type of driver on a line on their own, but if Matthews-Marner ends up having great chemistry it just might be worth keeping them together.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I think the former is more likely. Marner is an elite playmaker, but I don't see an elite goalscorer in him and I think it would play to their strengths much better with Marner setting up Matthews more frequently. It will be interesting to see if they end up playing together 5 on 5. It definitely dilutes the leafs offence imo given that they are the 2 best drivers on the team. I personally don't see Nylander or Kadri capable of being that type of driver on a line on their own, but if Matthews-Marner ends up having great chemistry it just might be worth keeping them together.
The only way I can't see Matthews and Marner playing together at 5v5 is if Toronto signs John Tavares, because Leafs fans think if that happens he would play on the same 5v5 with Marner. Now I'm obviously getting ahead of myself and I'm not saying he will sign in Toronto, it's just speculation if that happens.

bathdog

Oct 27, 2016
Yes to over ppg, but it would have been under if health was of any relevance, it's that close.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
The only way I can't see Matthews and Marner playing together at 5v5 is if Toronto signs John Tavares, because Leafs fans think if that happens he would play on the same 5v5 with Marner. Now I'm obviously getting ahead of myself and I'm not saying he will sign in Toronto, it's just speculation if that happens.
They haven't played together almost at all the last 2 years and their lines will still be intact this year:

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
X-Kadri-Marner

What has changed that makes you think they'll see any playing time together?

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
26pts in 27 games. He breaks his leg in the first minute of the 27th game of the season and misses the rest of the season.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Under.

He'll score lotsa goals, but his assist total will keep him under 82.

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
He scored 40 goals as a rookie and you claim he's not that good. :facepalm:

Also considering he played in all 82 games when he scored those 40 goals, I say he's earned the benefit of the doubt that this past season he was unlucky with injuries.

Or his first season was potentially "lucky" as well and things went his way. I guess time will tell if he proves himself or not.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Matthews will have to do better than 29 assists to go over a PPG IMO. This is a good question, he may score 50 and have 32 assists next year. This one could go either way. I can see it being close. Maybe neither. He gets 82pts on the button.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I'm not sure how I could possibly vote for Auston Matthews as over 82 points being more likely than under. Who knows how many players will even hit 82 points next season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad