Auston Matthews - Over/under 82 points

• Over 82 (ppg+)

• Under 82 (<ppg)

Results are only viewable after voting.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
i think he's just under

79 points is my guess

another 40 goal season and 30 something assists.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Played at a point per-game despite getting lack luster PP time compared to the rest of the stars in the NHL.

Him with Marner on the PP next year could be stupid good.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Played at a point per-game despite getting lack luster PP time compared to the rest of the stars in the NHL.

Him with Marner on the PP next year could be stupid good.
In Matthews defense a lot of times this season his line drew a lot of penalties and it meant Marner's line would start the ensuing power play. Plus sometimes they would score on it before Matthews could get back on the ice.

Reactions: HoBOonFiRE

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Finished at PPG despite nagging injuries and Hyman as a linemate (not that Hyman is bad. He's just not a finisher so assist totals likely end up lower than they should).

He'll do it again rather easily.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
We already saw what Matthews did as a rookie playing all 82 games and scoring 40 goals. So going into his 3rd season and if he's 100% healthy the whole time, I can't wait to see the kind of numbers he puts up.

puckIuck

Jan 11, 2018
i think he has a big season (90+ points) if he stays healthy. he was on pace for a career year until he got hurt

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Flip a coin.

At this point you expect to see PPG from him so if he's healthy it'll be close.

I'd be surprised to see him challenge for the Art Ross though. He's not an assist machine like some of the top point getters.

But i voted over, finishing a full season PPG im sure is something he'd like to do.

Reactions: DanM

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I think he'll just make it. 83 points in 81 games. 46 goals and good increase in assists with 37.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Flip a coin.

I'd be surprised to see him challenge for the Art Ross though. He's not an assist machine like some of the top point getters.

But i voted over, finishing a full season PPG im sure is something he'd like to do.

He was over a PPG last year, with injuries, so if healthy I expect a 90 point season TBH and he is more than capable of having more assists.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Flip a coin.

I think he has a better chance to challenge for the Rocket Richard Trophy and don't forget he almost won it as a rookie. He finished tied for 2nd with 40 goals and Sidney Crosby won it with just 44 goals.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
A fully healthy season and I can't see him not being PPG+ he is too skilled not to.

Has everyone forgot he had 63 points and 62 games last year? with nagging injuries lol

People are wondering on here if he can hit PPG? But he has already accomplished that.

I think he could hit 45 goals and 45 assists if healthy all season, he is a very underrated passer, and with the winger he has and PP time he gets....

I don't even think his leash has been lengthened yet with Babcock lol

Reactions: blueberrie

DanM

Oct 2, 2017

I think he will surprise many when he has more PP and ice time, I also think he will hit 50 assists in time, I truly think Babcock has been keeping him under control, and he will eventually have a better winger than Hyman, so those assists will go up, he really is underrated in the playmaking department.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad