Value of: Auston Matthews New Contract

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
Great player. With that said I think TO has a strong front office and will convince Mathews that if he wants to win he can’t max out on a contract. His contract will dictate Marners contract which is the same year. If he wants to win (and I think he does) he will take south of 10 a year. If he is all about the money and management can’t steer him out of greed then he is an 11-12M guy. His contract will decide if this team is a annual contender or up to the cap pretender.

Can’t pay your guys UFA prices on there first RFA contracts.

No knock at Mathews he’s fun to watch.

Ps- go Bruins go

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
As a huge fan of Matthews and watching him DOMINATE at such a young age he deserves $11-12 million but as the Leafs are my 2nd team i wanna see them win so have a more competive team so hopefully they are fortunate enough to get him for$10 mill or less - but thats probably unlikely unfortunately

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Long term contracts like this for young players, they usually dont earn it in year 1, but you expect them to start earning it in the following years and then be underpaid near the end.
Crazy that kids are being paid this much money without actually earning it until they're a few years into the contract. If that's whats expected, that's even crazier.

Here's 11 million dollars a year for the next 8 years, but we don't expect you to fully earn it until the third or fourth year. That's ridiculous.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Yes, and McDavid is not overrated right :sarcasm:. How is he doing in the playoffs this year.

No, the back to back Art Ross winner before the age of 21, the first since Gretzky to accomplish that feat is not overrated. He's rated as the best player in the game because by all metrics, awards, and stats back up that rating. Oilers shit tier D this year has nothing to do with how good McDavid is.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
Always have to turn Matthews discussions into McDavid threads. Tiresome. Can't use one of the 200 McDavid threads?

Yes I wish the user with the Raptors playoff logo and a Raptors-related user title who has their city set to Toronto would stop bringing up McDavid. Clear Oilers homer.

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
No, the back to back Art Ross winner before the age of 21, the first since Gretzky to accomplish that feat is not overrated. He's rated as the best player in the game because by all metrics, awards, and stats back up that rating. Oilers **** tier D this year has nothing to do with how good McDavid is.

Sid and his back to back CUP wins is the best player in the game. Sid also won last year with a depleted and shit d corps. Where is your excuse now?

You can have all the points you want but if your team ends up in the bottom 10 yet again... it doesn't mean Jack ****

Richter35

Oct 30, 2006
It will be the eichel contract if they are able to convince him to take less for the sake of signing the other young guns. No way it’s for 4 years that’ll take him to ufa, and I don’t see the point in a short bridge everyone know how good he is.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
No way it’s for 4 years that’ll take him to ufa, and I don’t see the point in a short bridge everyone know how good he is.

After all the grief Leafs fans gave the Oilers over McDavid's facial expressions, can you imagine if Matthews did actually insist on the bare minimum contract needed to hit UFA? HF servers would be like

MeltedComputer.jpg

Murky

Jan 28, 2006
He will get same or slightly more than Eichel. He is arguably better and clearly more hyped playing in Toronto, and the cap is going up. Eichel however was terribly overpayed and I think Matthews might be at the same price too.

However, there is a chance that Toronto management is good enough to be able to get away with 9 or 9,5 for team structure. Some other teams seem to have mixed their marketing with their contract management and if Toronto can dodge that, good for them.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Sid and his back to back CUP wins is the best player in the game. Sid also won last year with a depleted and **** d corps. Where is your excuse now?

You can have all the points you want but if your team ends up in the bottom 10 yet again... it doesn't mean Jack ****

Cause players win Stanley Cups individually now right? So when Gretzky won his Art Ross in 81 and 82, obviously the best player in the game at that time was Mike Bossy cause Cups right?

Oh is he the only one?

Try again

He was the only one to bring it up. Seems Everytime Leaf fans get hit with the reality of Matthews actual performance on the ice the goto response is "durrr McDavid and your team sucks so there!"

Mar 26, 2010
He was good. He didn't light it up like Draisaitl did (and no they didn't play together) but he still put up decent numbers (5-4-9, 13GP)
Stop living in the past, your garbage basement dwelling Oilers missed the playoffs again. McDavid is also way overrated by delusional oil fans.

Matthews played hurt most of this season and missed 20 games on top of that, while still managing to score over a PPG.

Mar 26, 2010
No, the back to back Art Ross winner before the age of 21, the first since Gretzky to accomplish that feat is not overrated. He's rated as the best player in the game because by all metrics, awards, and stats back up that rating. Oilers **** tier D this year has nothing to do with how good McDavid is.
You better pray that Toronto does not come back and beat Boston in the series here... be prepared to eat shit!!! All you are doing is pissing on Toronto here because they did not show up the first game of the series.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
You better pray that Toronto does not come back and beat Boston in the series here... be prepared to eat ****!!!

Don't care that much. And it doesn't affect the fact that my statements on Matthewsd are 100% accurate, and yours on McDavid is 100% wrong.

Mar 26, 2010
Don't care that much. And it doesn't affect the fact that my statements on Matthewsd are 100% accurate, and yours on McDavid is 100% wrong.
The Oilers are a garbage organization from the top down! Absolute shit! Have fun never winning a Cup with a 1 player team.

Your statements are 0% accurate on Matthews. S T F U

report my post... I don't care. Tired of watching you piss all over Toronto and troll Matthews. beat it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad