Value of: Auston Matthews New Contract

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
$11M/yr sounds right. Higher than Eichel and less than McDavid. He should fire his agent if he is offered less. Maybe he wants more due to the provincial tax difference though.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I'd have to agree with all the other posters on here.

He's an average 1st line C at best....but most definitely will be paid like McDavid money...

Because....F*** Toronto am I right boys?

Time to move to Philly....where I can buy a condo for less than my parking spot.

As someone who has just recently secured housing in Philly for my move back to my hometown, lol. Good luck with that, unless parking spots in toronto are 400K.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Again, before a mountain is made out of molehill. His point man at CAA was Judd Moldaver, who switched from CAA to Wasserman/Orr. So, it appears he kept the same main agent (who was working under Brisson at CAA) and switched agencies.

I know it is not the same or a real-life example, but I can assume a decent amount of people here watched Entourage or Jerry McGwire. When they leave agencies, they still try to retain their client list. Friedman tweeted about it, and Moldaver's linked in still links CAA as his job, but Friedmann says he moved on.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/judd-moldaver-5290017

This is actually one of the news stories where I get why other fanbases are pissed about TSN reporting a very minor story and putting it as the 2nd headline.

Reactions: Trilliann

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
He's going to break the 90 point mark next season while playing like a prime Bergeron. 12 million easily, and well deserved. GOAT.

Captain Holt

Fun? I was never fun! You take that back
Jul 10, 2013
Buffalo
Especially now with Lou gone, and to a lesser extent Hunter... Matthews is gonna get PAID. More than Eichel. Dubas cant afford to foul this one up as one of his first acts as GM. He knows that and Auston's team definitely knows that. $11mil plus.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I can see 11 but not 12.5 until somebody comes along that's better than Mcdavid nobody is getting more than Mcdavid

loyaltotheend

May 5, 2016
St. John's
Especially now with Lou gone, and to a lesser extent Hunter... Matthews is gonna get PAID. More than Eichel. Dubas cant afford to foul this one up as one of his first acts as GM. He knows that and Auston's team definitely knows that. $11mil plus.

I mean, more than Eichel is expected, no? He's been slightly better than him in their first two seasons, and the cap will be higher.

His percentage of cap may be the same or slightly higher than Eichel. That's what I'm expecting, and will be quite happy with

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
So Dubas cannot afford to foul this up but his first act will be to foul this up by overpaying?

Reactions: HailMcJesus

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
AM will get paid 10.5 to 11.5 million per year for 8 years.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011

Matthews was always getting PAID. Lou being around MAY have made some degree of difference, but there's no real evidence to that. I'm sure this isn't Dubas' first negotiation with the Leafs. Biggest, sure, but he's not gonna get pushed around by an agent. If he couldn't handle it Shanahan would be aware of that by now.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Contract negotiations are (and have been) handled by Pridham, who was recently promoted to AGM.

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad