Auston Matthews Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Love that he's finally throwing his weight around. He can dominate the game, not just by scoring goals. He is built like a redwood. Before he was too passive. Hopefully now he has realized his true potential and can become a force in playoff hockey!

Being ultra skilled, and incorporating that truculence will take him to the next level. The next next level.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Man what a game from him last night

When he was in the ice the whole game was so lopsided. It felt like we almost always had the puck and when we didn’t, he was going to go and get it.

Just dominant in every aspect of the game. That kind of game is what legends are made of.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Man what a game from him last night

When he was in the ice the whole game was so lopsided. It felt like we almost always had the puck and when we didn’t, he was going to go and get it.

Just dominant in every aspect of the game. That kind of game is what legends are made of.

I wanted to see him try to get to that Mackinnon on a mission type level of play and he delivered. Now again for Game 3...

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Looks like there is nothing more to say about this dude. Way to long down on the threads list IMO.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I wanted to see him try to get to that Mackinnon on a mission type level of play and he delivered. Now again for Game 3...

So Matthews trajectory has gone on a slight decline from Game 2 to Game 4, failing to produce offense while helping the team win 2 games in the road. Game 5 he just fell off the cliff. No physical engagement, not a lot of clean plays with the puck, not focused, no scoring opportunities, terrible work on the PP. No killer instinct in a close out game. Be better for Game 6.

Hellraising Senator

Feb 15, 2017
Matthews is playing through an injury. Hes gonna be fine. In fact, if you are a sports bettor, you should bet on him scoring next game. I won't say bet house, but if you can afford it, you can make money on this in game 6.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Would be nice if Matthews considered contributing just a little bit on Saturday. I get it might be hard with the loud fans and such but small contributions from everyone can go a long way.

jamo27

Mar 24, 2007
When Tavares got decapitated in game one, that was the chance for AM34 to show that this is his team and will it to victory. In game 2 he did that, but since then, not looking like he’s got it in him.

If the leafs are moving on, dude needs to pick up his game in a big way. This is his moment.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Matthews is playing through an injury. Hes gonna be fine. In fact, if you are a sports bettor, you should bet on him scoring next game. I won't say bet house, but if you can afford it, you can make money on this in game 6.
13 goals in 30 career playoffs games combined with effort the top line has been putting in...I might bet $6-7 or something like that. Nothing that would annoy me to lose, that’s for sure.

Reactions: saffronleaf

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
When Tavares got decapitated in game one, that was the chance for AM34 to show that this is his team and will it to victory. In game 2 he did that, but since then, not looking like he’s got it in him.

If the leafs are moving on, dude needs to pick up his game in a big way. This is his moment.

seems like he's not even emotionally invested anymore

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
Either he is hurt or he is being shadowed relentlessly by MTL and that’s why Nylander has so much room out there.
But if he is hurt he shouldn’t be playing. Period.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Why the f*** are people so worried about a piddly amount of habs fans in the stands on saturday? Its not gonna make one lick of difference... if anything just be happy we get to finish them in front of their fans

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Why the f*** are people so worried about a piddly amount of habs fans in the stands on saturday? Its not gonna make one lick of difference... if anything just be happy we get to finish them in front of their fans
They’re easily the weakest team to qualify for the playoffs. In non covid divisions, they don’t sniff the playoffs. Hell, the jets and oilers possibly miss in pre covid divisions too.

The fact that this series even has the possibility of going 7 games says a lot more about us than it does about them tbh.

Hellraising Senator

Feb 15, 2017
13 goals in 30 career playoffs games combined with effort the top line has been putting in...I might bet $6-7 or something like that. Nothing that would annoy me to lose, that’s for sure.

As a fairly respected sports bettor, I can say I am in on this bet for a couple bills. I can also say, that their is some real positive indicators he will score. I have not bet him to score last 2 games. As the system I adhere to for my bets showed him a pass. Whereas next game, he has an activated Mars. Let's just say he's likely to score.

But as I always say, never bet more then what you're comfortable with. Be it $1 or 1k. Or any arbitrary #.

I'll be pretty heavy on leafs winning and Matthews scoring next game though as all indicators are pointing to.

Good luck boys

Sep 18, 2009
I am looking forward to Tampa

jamo27

Mar 24, 2007

Seriously, if the Habs play like they did in the last two in Montreal, their fans will boo them off the ice. It’s an absolute non-factor and probably worse for them than us.

Reactions: saffronleaf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad