Auston Matthews Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
When the cleanest looks you’re identifying include a Kerfoot rush, Bogosian slapper, a Brodie point shot, a missed Matthews wrister from the LW wall I’d say the Canadiens weren’t conceding a lot of clean looks for the Leafs.
I guess you can lead a horse to water...

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Yes, the Leafs are drawing it up for Bogosian to take the point drive. Let’s go with that.
...or drawing up

2on1 - check
Multiple onetimers from the slot - check
Looks for Matthews - check
Looks for Marner - check

But I get it, you don't want to change your position and that's fine.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
So the numbers suggested the ice was tilted, but didn’t suggest they ought to have won. That sounds like a lot of high volume shooting.
The numbers were about the play of the skaters, because the claim that was made was about specifically the tilt of the ice in that OT. Contrary to the claim, the ice was in fact considerably tilted, which can be seen in every possible metric, visually in the game tape, and in the breakdown of events that was provided. Whether they "should have won" is another discussion entirely. I'm not sure what you mean by "high volume shooting", but much more than just the shot total was heavily tilted.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
...or drawing up

2on1 - check
Looks for Marner - check

We’re not going to agree on this one. Matthews got 2 looks one was a backhanded spin on a broken play with the puck sliding along the ice. With Price already in position.

And the other high danger was a missed wrist shot which Price didn’t have to do anything on. That play actually occurred two other times with Dermott taking a blast and the other escaping me at the moment.

Marner got a one time opportunity which Price had to save and missed completely on a cross crease pass. Kerfoot

Kerfoot got a good opportunity. Bogosian had a look. Brodie had a look. Nothing in the category of ten bell saves otherwise.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
...or drawing up

2on1 - check
Looks for Marner - check

Looks are awesome…….goals are even better

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
We’re not going to agree on this one. Matthews got 2 looks one was a backhanded spin on a broken play with the puck sliding along the ice. With Price already in position.

And the other high danger was a missed wrist shot which Price didn’t have to do anything on. That play actually occurred two other times with Dermott taking a blast and the other escaping me at the moment.

Marner got a one time opportunity which Price had to save and missed completely on a cross crease pass. Kerfoot

Kerfoot got a good opportunity. Bogosian had a look. Brodie had a look. Nothing in the category of ten bell saves otherwise.
I agree 100% with you. Looks, chances, expected goals and other subjective stats are simply opinions of the person making the claim while goals are facts and the fact is we didn’t get them and the opposition did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad