Toronto, Ontario
ERQ6GkwXYAA88mR

Reactions: lovemyleafs

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I don’t understand why his name isn’t coming up in Hart conversations

Imagine where we would be without him
Team is a disappointment and might not make the playoffs. Combine that with not running away with the point total lead or being viewed as a Selke candidate, you aren't going to get serious discussion. That's just how it works. That seems fair.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Since the topic of trophies was brought up does anyone think Matthews is the favorite to win the Lady Byng? Besides his 43 goals and counting he also has a total of 8:00 penalty minutes.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Since the topic of trophies was brought up does anyone think Matthews is the favorite to win the Lady Byng? Besides his 43 goals and counting he also has a total of 8:00 penalty minutes.

Barkov won it last year with 16 PIM's so he would have a chance I would think.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017

I like his odds given that he's also only drawn 8:00 of penalty minutes. Matthews plays such a clean game that he inspires his opponents to commit only 4 penalties in 1265 minutes.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Great things happen when Matthews gets upset and realizes he’s a 6’3” beast. Dropped the shoulder on Sergachev and he dropped like a sack of potatoes. That kind of style opens things up out there.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Great things happen when Matthews gets upset and realizes he’s a 6’3” beast. Dropped the shoulder on Sergachev and he dropped like a sack of potatoes. That kind of style opens things up out there.

Yup, he's not done developing. Once he adds that to his regular game, he's going to a force rivalling the likes of Mackinnon.

Hugh Jass

Dec 23, 2019
Dont quote me, but McKinnon may have fewer pm than Matthews .

Hugh Jass

Dec 23, 2019
Larger frame. Similar heights but I am pretty sure Matthews outweighs Malkin by a decent amount.
Hopefully he can start to barrel through some guys with the puck on his stick like Malkin does. Im not the biggest fan, but every year Evgeni scores 2 or 3 goals where he beats the whole team, end to end. Love it.

Reactions: Dangles McGavin

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
Its great he is putting up points but we need to win games. At his price there should be leadership, defense, character and heart built in. Putting up 50 and missing the playoffs only gets him closer to more money next pay contract.

At $12 mill there should be no off games. I can handle a loss, i i cannot handle lack of consistent husstle

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,430.00