Tribute Auston Matthews Discussion "the Beauty" Edition

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Great things happen when Matthews gets upset and realizes he’s a 6’3” beast. Dropped the shoulder on Sergachev and he dropped like a sack of potatoes. That kind of style opens things up out there.
did it again tonight and lead to a goal

Reactions: saffronleaf

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Matthews hitting 50.

Nylander hitting 35.

Make the playoffs not having the worst record out of all playoff east teams.

All injured D + Mik back for game 1.

My hope for how the season ends.

edit- this was supposed to be in the post game thread LoL

Last edited:

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Franchise elite superstar, whatever word you want to use Centre.
I will say it again, Dubas was 2 for 3 on the RFA negotiotions. Matthews is a steal at 11.6, just a year or 2 too short on term. Nylander is amazing value at 6.9.
Marner is well not good, but he will get back to himself. Good game today.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
I sorta fell in love tonight when he had that solo effort rush on his goal where he put puck in deep and finished a reverse check on Weegar, then got puck out front to his mates who got it back to him and he pots his 44th.

He literally sends guys flying when he touches them. I hope he keeps it going it's amazing to see. He even laid out Mark Pisser along the boards with a harddd hit.

Reactions: saffronleaf

HomerJLeafs

i just hope we make the POs
Dec 27, 2017
to me its clear that babcock held him back
we have a good coach now and our superstar is flying
he is one of our best players
and he found the next level
playin absolutely like a beast
awesome
im so glad we tanked for him

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
to me its clear that babcock held him back
we have a good coach now and our superstar is flying
he is one of our best players
and he found the next level
playin absolutely like a beast
awesome
im so glad we tanked for him
Don't know if it was Babcock who held him back or he held himself back.
Seems like he's playing with a much better attitude now. His dislike of Babcock really affected his play, IMO.

Reactions: Hclass47

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
I feel safe when he has the puck

Said no NHL defenseman ever.

Someone said on twitter that he's like Anze Kopitar with Ovechkin's goal scoring ability.
He is a freaking monster, especially since the coaching change. It's so funny Babcock always called out his defensive game yet he's playing his best defensive hockey ever since that stubborn prick has left.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
He reminds me of prime Malkin

This has been my player comp ever since I saw him as a 16 year old. Less of a gallop up the ice than what Malkin does but lots of similarities. And now seeing what he's able to do using his size to generate offense plus how well he's playing on the other side of the puck leaves us with one of the most impactful players in the world.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I sorta fell in love tonight when he had that solo effort rush on his goal where he put puck in deep and finished a reverse check on Weegar, then got puck out front to his mates who got it back to him and he pots his 44th.

He literally sends guys flying when he touches them. I hope he keeps it going it's amazing to see. He even laid out Mark Pisser along the boards with a harddd hit.

It’s a nice example of how when our high end skill guys by into standard hockey plays like pucks in deep and physicality on the forecheck can result in wonderful things. Sometimes it’s not so much reinventing the game with skill as executing unglamorous hockey chores with high end ability.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Nah Draisaitl has the hart locked up.

Matthews is our MVP but Draisatl owned the league this year.

The definition of the Hart trophy is the player deemed most valuable to his team.

Draisatl isn’t even his own teams Hart winner

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
The only thing he has to fix is those high risk moves he pulls in the d-zone. Other then that he's been far and away our best player this season.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
2 behind Pastrnak. Could be tough to catch him.

He was great all around in the last couple games, though.

Seems like this season he just keeps finding new gears we've never seen before.

HomerJLeafs

i just hope we make the POs
Dec 27, 2017
Don't know if it was Babcock who held him back or he held himself back.
Seems like he's playing with a much better attitude now. His dislike of Babcock really affected his play, IMO.
wasnt babcock who went like "no pk and no ice time vs the top lines" after like 2 months in his rookie year?
also imagine workin for someone who was an asshole to your best friend and also not a good boss?
babcock did him dirty multiple times
i assume Matty was one of the leaders who wanted babcock to be gone
and it was the right move
the whole team has a better attitude

Reactions: unitedstars87

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
looks like it'll go down to the wire for the Rocket...he's got a good shot at the team record too(54).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad