Austin Watson arrested for domestic assault

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
He put marks on her which probably turned into bruises. If she didn't have any noticeable injuries he wouldn't have gotten arrested. None of us were there. If the police didn't show up would it have gotten worse? No idea. If you are a big man just shoving or grabbing can hurt a small woman. It doesn't really take much to hurt a woman and that is the reason why you don't do it. Just leave her in the car and walk away till you calm down. Call a friend.
In these cases don't just put yourself in Watson's place but think if the woman were your daughter or someone you loved.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
He put marks on her which probably turned into bruises. If she didn't have any noticeable injuries he wouldn't have gotten arrested. None of us were there. If the police didn't show up would it have gotten worse? No idea. If you are a big man just shoving or grabbing can hurt a small woman. It doesn't really take much to hurt a woman and that is the reason why you don't do it. Just leave her in the car and walk away till you calm down. Call a friend.
In these cases don't just put yourself in Watson's place but think if the woman were your daughter or someone you loved.
Eh I'm just wondering why in this world that is supposed to be equality among the genders, why it matters she was a woman. If she had pushed and bruised him, no one calls the cops and no one is arrested.

I get the idea, just done a ton of thinking since this happened and realized there is a serious double standard.

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Eh I'm just wondering why in this world that is supposed to be equality among the genders, why it matters she was a woman. If she had pushed and bruised him, no one calls the cops and no one is arrested.

I get the idea, just done a ton of thinking since this happened and realized there is a serious double standard.
Either way... pushing is assault and battery.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Are you absolutely sure about that?

I'm guessing the reason for this assertion is that the gf didnt want him arrested. If there were no signs of injury and the victim wasnt wanting to complain then there is no probable cause for arrest.

And just for accuracy sake, not all "red marks" turn into bruises... in fact most do not.

Last edited:

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis
Either way... pushing is assault and battery.
Give me a break. I actually grew up in the soft millenial era and I don’t buy this. Girls these days aren’t the same as they used to be. The sense of entitlement they feel is ridiculous, mostly because of social media. I’m not buying that she didn’t do anything wrong. If Watson was pushed far enough to do what he did, I’m not surprised. I get that it comes down to self-control but a man can only handle so much disrespect. I also grew up in Memphis around a ton of ratchet people, so perhaps my outlook is a tad skewed.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
It is, but I'm willing to bet if the roles are reversed, she never gets charged.

That would depend if the police get called on her or not. In this case, they were called on him.

Give me a break. I actually grew up in the soft millenial era and I don’t buy this. Girls these days aren’t the same as they used to be. The sense of entitlement they feel is ridiculous, mostly because of social media. I’m not buying that she didn’t do anything wrong. If Watson was pushed far enough to do what he did, I’m not surprised. I get that it comes down to self-control but a man can only handle so much disrespect. I also grew up in Memphis around a ton of ratchet people, so perhaps my outlook is a tad skewed.

I didn't say a thing about the sex of the pushed or pusher. I pointed out that the act itself is a violation of law ... both common law as noted in Tennessee statute and specific provisions which define assault for the state. It doesn't matter if one of the parties is involved is a drunk girlfriend, a Blues fan or a street performer ... the respective sex of each party is irrelevant ... the act matters. Your willingness to buy the clear content of a law isn't a condition for its application by law enforcement.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
That would depend if the police get called on her or not. In this case, they were called on him.

I'm not sure anyone would have called for starters, and I'm not convinced they charge her even if an officer is present. I really need to pick my brothers brain on this just to see being he is a Metro Nashville officer.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
I'm not sure anyone would have called for starters, and I'm not convinced they charge her even if an officer is present. I really need to pick my brothers brain on this just to see being he is a Metro Nashville officer.

I wouldn't count on anyone calling the police on a drunk significant other of a hockey player. On the other point, if she were to escalate to violence and bystanders call the police, I expect them to do their job and detain the appropriate person.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Speaking of that... I wonder how his GF got home, if she was wasted... did the cops call her a cab? I'm kinda wondering why she didnt get arrested for PI unless the fact that she was in a car but not driving made her immune to such a charge

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Nothing new in that article other than things that will get people riled up with additional assumption. It's the way of the world today I guess where people get tried and convicted in the media.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Nothing new in that article other than things that will get people riled up with additional assumption. It's the way of the world today I guess where people get tried and convicted in the media.
the "he gets handsy sometimes" comment isn't worrisome?

Detelethisaccount

Jul 5, 2013
the "he gets handsy sometimes" comment isn't worrisome?

I mean it does raise an eyebrow when you first read it, but coming from the admittedly intoxicated mother of his child and with no other context its almost impossible to know what or how she meant that. Still not much new information other than pretty much confirming that him trying to keep her IN the car is what led to the police being called. Would love to see the witnesses statement, what exactly did he/she see? Is there a way to see the full report, not just a report of someones impression of reading the report?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad