Status
Not open for further replies.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Swatting at her which is probably just a swing and miss of some kind and, mainly, her having a bloody leg along with bruises on her chest. I don't know how much she instigated anything, but as someone said when this first came out, if it was a factor, he probably would've used that "excuse" with the cop, which he didn't. If someone proves she was basically attacking him in some way and he was restraining her..... maybe..... but basically I was waiting on more details, got them, and they were worse than I hoped for.
To me, the bloody shin and intoxication says it's less likely his doing.

Growing in a house as the youngest of 6 boys, I've had my share of altercations and none ever resulted in a bloddy shin.

I've also ran into my share of objects (coffee tables, planters, etc) while intoxicated.

Reactions: token grinder

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I could see the bloody shin happening inside the car, too, or on attempt to exit.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
I think Watson needs to go and I don't care what anyone thinks. I was raised and will always believe you should never lay your hand on a female. No matter what she does. I mean unless she comes at you with a knife and there are no possible exit to get away from her you have to defend yourself. Women can be crazy true but as a man I think you have to be a bigger man. Your wife the mother of your child and you shove her so hard it leaves bruises. People that's pretty hard and we have no room for players like him. I don't car how drunk she is or what she does. As a man if you're that mad at your girl you wanna do physical harm you should walk away. I have 3 little girls and I wish some guy would lay there hand on them when they get older. It will be the last female they hurt. Hockey is a game. It's an entertainment. I love it like the next man but abusing a women is just plain wrong

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I think Watson needs to go and I don't care what anyone thinks. I was raised and will always believe you should never lay your hand on a female. No matter what she does. I mean unless she comes at you with a knife and there are no possible exit to get away from her you have to defend yourself. Women can be crazy true but as a man I think you have to be a bigger man. Your wife the mother of your child and you shove her so hard it leaves bruises. People that's pretty hard and we have no room for players like him. I don't car how drunk she is or what she does. As a man if you're that mad at your girl you wanna do physical harm you should walk away. I have 3 little girls and I wish some guy would lay there hand on them when they get older. It will be the last female they hurt. Hockey is a game. It's an entertainment. I love it like the next man but abusing a women is just plain wrong

We had room for Ribs on this team, and we had room for Tootoo on this team. People aren't perfect and if the team can help him and he gets himself straight then all for the better. If he doesn't and continues then you send him out the back door with the garbage. I tend to lean that sending him packing does nothing for the team, him, or his girlfriend.

Softball99

Dec 16, 2014
For the Dr's...How exactly does alcohol and breast feeding work. A female said he should've had her arrested for child endangerment. she thought it might be a factor

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
For the Dr's...How exactly does alcohol and breast feeding work. A female said he should've had her arrested for child endangerment. she thought it might be a factor

Not really an issue. The alcohol content in breast milk is the same as in the blood, ie miniscule when compared to actual alcoholic beverages.

No one would ever get the slightest buzz drinking the blood of an alcoholic.

Last edited:

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Not really an issue. The alcohol content in breast milk is the same as in the blood, ie miniscule when compared to actual alcoholic beverages.

I've actually wondered about this well before the incident. Thanks.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia

Sure an adult would never get drunk off that but what about a small child? (Not picking a side here ... It's a genuine question)

Softball99

Dec 16, 2014
Effects of alcohol exposure during lactation

The effects on neonates exposed to alcohol via breast milk are very different from the effects of in utero exposure [9]. Next to an altered milk taste and smell, consumption of low to moderate amounts of alcohol can result in a reduced amount of milk produced without altering its quality [18,19]. The presence of even small amounts of alcohol in the breast milk (e.g. the mother drank 1 glass and breastfed her baby one hour later) can disrupt sleep-wake behavioural patterning of the infant [20]. Regular, at least daily alcohol use during lactation can result in a Pejorative Sluration of motor development, not mental development [21]. On a longer term, research revealed that it can even affect the hedonic response to the smell of alcohol of children aged 3 to 6: the emotional context in which parents experience alcohol and how often parents drink, influenced children's liking the odour of alcohol. Children of a parent or parents who drank alcohol to escape problems were more likely to judge the odour of beer as unpleasant than were similarly aged children whose parents did not drink to escape [22
Alcohol during pregnancy and lactation: recommendations versus real intake

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
The word starred out, read backwards, is "drater" I looked it up because I thought maybe it was fluctuation and there had been a typo.

Interesting research.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Sure an adult would never get drunk off that but what about a small child? (Not picking a side here ... It's a genuine question)

Again, no. A BAL of .10(intoxicated) means 1/10 of 1% of your blood volume is alcohol. Beer is about 4% alcohol, so the blood/breast milk of someone toasted is the same as if you drank a mixture that was 39 cc water and 1 cc of beer.

Edit.. I read the study above. I cant access the source articles to see how much consumption was required to produce the negative results. Daily, significant alcohol consumption can likely cause some negative effects on a breastfed baby as opposed to every once in a while.

However, we dont even know if Watsons girlfriend is still breastfeeding, if she ever did. The kid was born in March, and many women dont make it more than a couple of months before stopping and switching to formula.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad