Austin Watson arrested for domestic assault

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I've always loved Watson, but if true there is no place for players like this in the NHL.
I mean he looks so smug in his mugshot.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Hopefully the truth is discovered and Justice is served quickly here whether that is guilt or innocence for Watson. I hope that this is a mistake and he is proven innocent, but if he is guilty then he needs to be dealt with appropriately.

From a team standpoint you obviously never want to see this happen, but as it has, the least we can say is that this is about the best timing for something like this. Better to deal with this two weeks after the season ends, rather than two weeks before the next one begins.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Christ

"In 2017, Watson, former captain Mike Fisher, and defensemen P.K. Subban and Ryan Ellis were part of a public-awareness campaign titled "Unsilence the Violence."

The effort, part of MEND — the YWCA's campaign to end violence against women, was in conjunction with the Nashville Predators Foundation's $500,000 pledge."

Last edited:
Reactions: thegr8one66

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
He got arrested...

Whatever plausible scenarios exist for a false or mistaken arrest or self-defence plea or anything like that... those can't be the most likely scenarios. So I'm at least eyeing that pitchfork I keep hanging over the fireplace... sigh...

https://ywcanashville.com/about/new...redators-and-allstate-purple-purse-to-help-en
If I'm not mistaken, someone is going to jail if a domestic violence call is placed to the police. They have to remove one party from the situation. I'm willing to wait for the details and the verdict but either way this is a really bad look.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
If I'm not mistaken, someone is going to jail if a domestic violence call is placed to the police. They have to remove one party from the situation. I'm willing to wait for the details and the verdict but either way this is a really bad look.
This will sound bad but I loosely know a guy who was arrested (technically) on suspicion of domestic assault a few months ago. I don't know him well enough to know what escalated it but it was a result of him and his wife yelling at each other, a neighbor called police and he was taken away. Once everything was cleared up and they realized there was no physical altercation everything was fine and they let him go. But even then the cop told him he basically had no choice but to arrest him and a judge put him on a year's probation anyway.

My point is it could be serious, it could be simply "suspicion" that something occurred when nothing big did.

Reactions: King Weber

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
This will sound bad but I loosely know a guy who was arrested (technically) on suspicion of domestic assault a few months ago. I don't know him well enough to know what escalated it but it was a result of him and his wife yelling at each other, a neighbor called police and he was taken away. Once everything was cleared up and they realized there was no physical altercation everything was fine and they let him go. But even then the cop told him he basically had no choice but to arrest him and a judge put him on a year's probation anyway.

My point is it could be serious, it could be simply "suspicion" that something occurred when nothing big did.
Yeah that's how I thought it worked. Could have been an argument and someone working or walking nearby could have thought it was escalating and called the police.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
If there was no physical contact and some bystander called the police I'd expect this to be dropped quickly. If that's the case you'll get a statement from the team saying they are going to wait for the legal process to work it's way through.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
The arresting address I saw on Twitter was a Shell station. For all parties involved I do hope it was just a bystander or employee or whatever thinking the worst and that it wasn't actually anything egregious. I'm not trying to make a joke here but Watson is kind of an intimidating looking guy with his size, missing teeth and tattoos so I don't know if that hurt the perception of what was going on or not. Just a thought that crossed my mind.

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
Here's a little more. Seems there was some type of altercation

Preds' Austin Watson charged with domestic assault in Franklin

The officer reported seeing a passenger inside a vehicle who was trying to back away from being shoved, saying "stop" and covering her face.

Later Watson, that's plenty bad enough for me and it seems the officer himself saw this. Get him off the team and out of the league if this is true and the full story, zero respect for someone that does this.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
..Disappointing. But I'll still play the devil's advocate for him.
If there are some type of severity levels in domestic violence, I don't think 'shoving' is high up there. Based on the article I can't really construct a highly dangerous situation for Watson's SO.

Not OK to do something like this in the 1st place but seems like a 'tame' case of violence.
'Red marks on her chest'- what? Some handprints or bleeding wounds? I don't really follow.

Well.. We didn't lose someone like Hoffman or Voynov due to bullshit like this though.

Last edited:

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Isn't he married with a baby? The woman still hasn't been identified as his wife I don't think. Not that that's any kind of legal issue, just a curious one.

BTW, legal question, is bail of $4,500 kind of low for an offense like this? I could be wrong but it just seems like that's low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad