Poll: Do you want Boston or Toronto to win?

Who are you rooting for?

• Boston

Votes: 265 78.2%
  • Toronto

Votes: 74 21.8%

• Total voters

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
There's a major increase of players putting Canadian markets on their no-trade lists because Canada hasn't won shit in the last 30 years. US markets have become consistently more competitive and more attractive to players. Heck, just a few days ago. we had a thread showing the Habs as the most successful Canadian team recently and everyone agreed how f***ing pathetic that was for those markets.

These are disturbing trends that would alarm any moderately intelligent Canadian hockey fans. But nope, not here. Here, you have 80% people goofily rooting for that classless face-licker Marchand, and for players to get even more evidence that they should avoid Canadian markets or charge insane contract that kill competitive chances.

Go Bruins! YEEEAHH! :dunce:
Couldn't care less about Canadian teams not winning anything , they've all had better rosters on paper than us and have won less rounds , cry me a river ,

Maybe Canadian teams can get better management , how are Canadians crying about the leagues American Bias when they have hired complete idiots to run their teams for the past few decades lmao.

How you gonna put the blame on anybody else bro we've had absolute nincompoop Neanderthals in charge of all these Canadian teams.

Are we supposed to be handed a cup because we are Canadian? the funny part is the habs are the most egregious example of a Canadian team that doesn't deserve to win a dam thing with the people they've employed and how they've ran the team for 25 years.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Besides the Canadian angle, and showing up Bettman, the Leafs never broke a Hab player's neck and then doubled down on how it was ok.

Also, no Toronto-based announcer has ever been as offensive and disrespectful to Montreal as Jack Edwards, ainec. Leafs announcers (such as Bob Cole) have been respectful. Even Steve Dangle, the well-known strong Leafs fan, supported the Habs in 2021 once the Leafs were eliminated by those same Habs.

No way I can support Boston over Toronto.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Honestly, and I hate saying this, Boston.

I don't dislike Toronto's team at all right now (except for Marner, who I even feel kinda bad for because his dad is a massive asshole) and haven't really for a while. It's the fans.

I don't know if it's growing up in a Leafs-centric place (Southern NB is pretty split... I'd say it's about 50% Leafs fans, 30-35% Habs fans, 10% Bruins, and 5% everyone else) or having to be constantly bombarded online about what color Matthews wore to his spring training workout that indicates he will be the best goal scorer to ever play. But dealing with Leafs fans on a regular basis and the arrogance they carry around after doing absolutely nothing for the last 60 years is insane. How you could watch a run like Leafs have had in the last 10-15 years, losing in the first round in terrible fashions a bajillion times and even last year barely doing anything, always running the same team back, and still coming back every year talking the most shit of life I will never get.

I would literally never talk about hockey to anyone if the Habs did that, let alone be cocky about them.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
If Boston wins one round, no Boston fans will brag/be annoying if the Leafs win one round they will use that to brag/be annoying.
you realize though that if boston bows out in round one, then their 'perfect' era will be a bust and forgotten. I'm so glad their regular season was ruined last year, but in the history books a record setting year followed up by a cup the next year makes them too memorable. No way do I want to hear about the scum bruins being a legendary team of the modern era blah blah blah

Leafs can lose in rd2

Besides the Canadian angle, and showing up Bettman, the Leafs never broke a Hab player's neck and then doubled down on how it was ok.

Also, no Toronto-based announcer has ever been as offensive and disrespectful to Montreal as Jack Edwards, ainec. Leafs announcers (such as Bob Cole) have been respectful. Even Steve Dangle, the well-known strong Leafs fan, supported the Habs in 2021 once the Leafs were eliminated by those same Habs.

No way I can support Boston over Toronto.
HOW DARE YOU refer to Bob Cole as a "leafs announcer" He was a Habs fan 100% and he actually called all games with objectivity. Wash your mouth out

Reactions: jaffy27

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
you realize though that if boston bows out in round one, then their 'perfect' era will be a bust and forgotten. I'm so glad their regular season was ruined last year, but in the history books a record setting year followed up by a cup the next year makes them too memorable. No way do I want to hear about the scum bruins being a legendary team of the modern era blah blah blah

Leafs can lose in rd2

Sure, but why? So Chris Kreider or Matthew Tkachuk can win? I do want to maximize the chances a Canadian team wins, and I am pulling for Monahan, Toffoli and the Jets (despite Scheifele). If they face Toronto in the final, Bettman will have to come to Canada to present the Cup to a Canadian team. That Cup win will raise revenue from Canada and make the Canadian teams have more value and pull within the NHL.

HOW DARE YOU refer to Bob Cole as a "leafs announcer" He was a Habs fan 100% and he actually called all games with objectivity. Wash your mouth out

LOL, my point exactly. Cole was a guy who did more Leafs games than Habs games but was respectful toward Habs. Jack Edwards makes me sick.

Last edited:

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Sure, but why? So Chris Kreider or Matthew Tkachuk can win? I do want to maximize the chances a Canadian team wins, and I am pulling for Monahan, Toffoli and the Jets (despite Scheifele). If they face Toronto in the final, Bettman will have to come to Canada to present the Cup to a Canadian team. That Cup win will raise revenue from Canada and make the Canadian teams have more value and pull within the NHL.

A toronto cup being a Canada cup is the only silver lining. Don't think 1 will change anything

LOL, my point exactly. Cole was a guy who did more Leafs games than Habs games but was respectful toward Habs. Jack Edwards makes me sick.
Everything else you said 100% whole-heartedly agree with but Cole was NOT a leafs broadcaster. Honestly, even as a Habs fan I wouldn't say he was a Habs one either. He was truly an HOCKEY Broadcaster. Above partisanship and simply called the games. The anti-edwards lol

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
I don't HAVE to make a choice. My only hope is that whichever team that wins this series implodes in the next round.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario

I want the winner of this series to lose in round 2 and don't think either will win the cup.

So I'm going off overall disappointment of the fans of the two teams and the funniest outcome to me is leafs lose to Boston in round one and Boston loses to Florida again in round 2.

+ as I said leafs fans will brag about winning 1 series bruisn won't.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Couldn't care less about Canadian teams not winning anything , they've all had better rosters on paper than us and have won less rounds , cry me a river ,

Maybe Canadian teams can get better management , how are Canadians crying about the leagues American Bias when they have hired complete idiots to run their teams for the past few decades lmao.

How you gonna put the blame on anybody else bro we've had absolute nincompoop Neanderthals in charge of all these Canadian teams.

Are we supposed to be handed a cup because we are Canadian? the funny part is the habs are the most egregious example of a Canadian team that doesn't deserve to win a dam thing with the people they've employed and how they've ran the team for 25 years.
I don't get the it's other's fault if canadian teams doesn't win the cup in Canada. Canadian team only have to be better in drafting and better management. Canada is an artificial country, it's the border north of USA. There is no canadian patriotism, the country is open to anyone from outside who wants to have a better life. Agree or not, this is the new reality. We live with 100 cultural ghettos and no patriotism unity. Each cultural community have his lobby and the stronger lobby wins.

Boston area have pride and their team have a good management. It's normal the better gets the better results. Anyway, none of Leafs or Bruins have a chance vs Panthers or Rangers. And no chance vs Canes, Avalanges, Oilers and Vegas. This thread is a waste of time.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
It’s too bad they both couldn’t somehow lose this series.

I won’t root for anything other than a quick ending in the next round for whichever pile of vomit team moves forward.
Maybe Bruins are bit better than Canes. Islanders are not same league as Leafs. Maybe Canes look better than they are. But Rangers are a monster team and even more Panthers. Both those teams will eat alive de Brrruuiins.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
There is no scenario where I could ever root for the Boston Bruins to win anything at all.

I don't even consider the Maple Leafs a rival of the Canadiens. To be a rival, I have to hate your team because of the battles fought.

The Leafs have been a punchline for a huge chunk of my life and were never a threat to the Canadiens or their success. In my entire life, the Leafs have beaten the Canadiens in the playoffs three times.

I don't mean three series, I mean they have won three playoff games against Montreal. In my life.

They aren't rivals. But the Bruins, the Bruins and Canadiens have been locked in playoff battles my entire life. And they've been great. And I've had to watch the sting of seeing the Bruins win, and not just win the series, but win a Cup, and go to multiple Cup finals, you know, like a good, successful team.

Screw the Bruins. Go Leafs go.

Last edited:

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Hope Boston get destroyed in the second round but I must say, they are really doing a solid job at owning the Leafs

Can't wait to see the Meltdown on the forum once Toronto get Taken out in the first round yet again

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
There is no scenario where I could ever root for the Boston Bruins to win anything at all.

I don't even consider the Maple Leafs a rival of the Canadiens. To be a rival, I have to hate your team because of the battles fought.

The Leafs have been a punchline for a huge chunk of my life and were never a threat to the Canadiens or their success. In my entire life, the Leafs have beaten the Canadiens in the playoffs three times.

I don't mean three series, I mean they have won three playoff games against Montreal. In my life.

They aren't rivals. But the Bruins, the Bruins and Canadiens have been locked in playoff battles my entire life. And they've been great. And I've had to watch the sting of seeing the Bruins win, and not just win the series, but win a Cup, and got to multiple Cup finals, you know, like a good, successful team.

Screw the Bruins. Go Leafs go.
Exactly, given the history between us, how anyone can root for the scumbags Marchand and company , even against the Laffs whom I haven't taken seriously for decades, is beyond me.

Last edited:
Reactions: FerrisRox

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Cheering for Boston. Why? I consider Boston our bigger rival, we just have not played the Leafs enough when it matters to develop that rivalry.

I guess it comes down to which franchise I respect more- that is the bruins. It was easy when Bergeron was there but as much of a Rat has Marchand is I would take him on my team any day over the prima donnas down the 401. Add in the Cdn media's fawning over everything Leafs and its an easy choice. Its fun to see Leafs fans/media cope with the annual letdown and within a couple of months its back to plan next yrs parade.

Also, Ottawa has the bruins pick by way of det this year - let it be in the 29-31 range.

There's no such thing in this case as cheering for anyone. The question is, what is the better story?

Is it Boston losing or Toronto losing? I think it's almost impossible to top the story of the Leafs with potentially another chapter being added to their playoff futility 8 years into the matthews era.

Reactions: CharleyHorse

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad