Recalled/Assigned: Aube-Kubel and Goulbourne up, Vorobyev down

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Playing 8 out of 11 games qualifies as being scratched most games?

If you mean Weise, I believe he's been a healthy scratch 43 out of the last 99 games. If JVR and Raffl hadn't got hurt I doubt he would have played more than a couple of games this season. Hak clearly rates Lehtera above him. Hextall does too, since he put Weise on waivers instead of Jori.

Reactions: deadhead

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
DqmcCmmU0AEwFxR

Lol.

Is this a real sign?

Feels passive aggressive in that it's a sign.

10/10 something Jeff would do

cfb3831a770e6402a7793e6a161862f8.gif

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I love how worked up people get about calling up Goulbourne on a 4-7 team that is playing with no fight & is an embarrassment to everything the franchise stands for. If you’re going to go down, at least leave a mark.

Reactions: Lotusflower

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
I love how worked up people get about calling up Goulbourne on a 4-7 team that is playing with no fight & is an embarrassment to everything the franchise stands for. If you’re going to go down, at least leave a mark.
Exactly. All the teams top players are f***in boring as f*** to watch too.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
I believe that sign has been up for years. Could be wrong, but I think it has been at least 2 or 3 years.

Anyway, Goul is the GM equivalent of wearing the same underwear after a win until you lose and actually being stupid enough to believe the underwear was the reason. One hit didn't cause a winning streak. He barely played and did literally nothing else.

Disgraceful. Fire Hextall.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Goul is irrelevant, how much did he play last time he was called up?

NAK is the player that matters, hopefully he'll win a job (I don't believe in gifting young players unless they're uber-talents).

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I believe that sign has been up for years. Could be wrong, but I think it has been at least 2 or 3 years.

Anyway, Goul is the GM equivalent of wearing the same underwear after a win until you lose and actually being stupid enough to believe the underwear was the reason. One hit didn't cause a winning streak. He barely played and did literally nothing else.

Disgraceful. Fire Hextall.

The team is an embarrassment to the Flyers’ logo. They are 4-7 & have zero identity. I don’t think Hakstol is nearly as bad as many on this board, but they have no emotion in a sport where emotion is crucial.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Exactly, he is irrelevant. Why bother calling up an irrelevant guy to a lifeless team? Seems kinda useless to me.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Exactly, he is irrelevant. Why bother calling up an irrelevant guy to a lifeless team? Seems kinda useless to me.
Because, just like last season, they’ve lost their identity. People here like to ridicule the notion that emotion matters in hockey, but it does, as evidenced by their performance this season. It’s an embarrassment to the franchise.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Because, just like last season, they’ve lost their identity. People here like to ridicule the notion that emotion matters in hockey, but it does, as evidenced by their performance this season. It’s an embarrassment to the franchise.

Even if it worked, what seems kind of embarassing to me is that the locker room is so lost they need to annualy call up a guy who plays 3 minutes a game and smiles - as the only possible solution to spark and motivate the guys.

I myself dont ridicule the idea of emotion in hockey (hell I love the 2012 Pens series), I ridicule the idea that Tyrell Goulbourne is the only tool this organization has to do this.

Reactions: The Rage Kage

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
With the mood of the board all offseason and preseason, you had to know it was going to be a long year.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Just like their coach. They play without emotion because Hak wants that.

Not to mention, playing with emotion can lead to more penalties....and our PK has been broke for years.

So the best PK, is never to be on it.
The odd thing is that Hakstol defends emotional play, such as when Simmonds takes a penalty standing up for a teammate. So I don’t think he’s against emotion in his players. But conjuring it up doesn’t seem to be his strong suit.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Hakstol on emotion - taken right from the Weise's mouth.

You’ve got to prove yourself over time, that’s all. There’s no quick pathway, I’ll tell you this, I felt like when I came here three years ago just by listening and watching some things, I felt like on our bench and part of our team there was wasted emotion, some misdirected emotion. That was one thing we needed to work at correcting early on, so I’m pretty guarded by nature, I don’t want the TV cameras on me and everything else. I’m not there to put on a show. I felt like we had to reel in some of the wasted emotion. ... At the end of the day I’m going to do what I think is right for our team and try to provide what our team needs. It’ll never be for show in front of a camera or anybody else.

He's done everything in his power to coach emotion out of this team.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Hakstol on emotion - taken right from the Weise's mouth.

He's done everything in his power to coach emotion out of this team.
Just shows how out of touch the brain trust is. This team feeds on emotion.
Post Richards-Carter all of this core's best moments have come in chippy, high intensity games.

Its interesting that Hex targeted Weise and overplays and him and he's the one talking about "misguided emotions"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad