Recalled/Assigned: Aube-Kubel and Goulbourne up, Vorobyev down

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Goul, Weise, whatever, we're talking bodies.

NAK is the one that matters, is he ready to take the next step up?

This applies to all the AHL prospects, including Vorobyev, they have NHL talent, but they have to take the next step, get a shot, take advantage of it and make it hard for Ron to send you back down.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Goul, Weise, whatever, we're talking bodies.

NAK is the one that matters, is he ready to take the next step up?

This applies to all the AHL prospects, including Vorobyev, they have NHL talent, but they have to take the next step, get a shot, take advantage of it and make it hard for Ron to send you back down.
That’s a problem. In its self. You have to make it hard for Ron to send you back down. We have players who are worse playing but they don’t. This is why fans are frustrated.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Happy to see NAK getting a shot. Curious to see what he can bring and wish him the best. Goul is probably there to rign a few bells and it's kinda needed atm. I don't get the overreaction. Nobody said they would fix all the problems.

Reactions: RebusFlyer

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Didn't read the rest of the thread, but I'll toss a hot take out there:

I don't mind the Vorobyev for NAK swap. Honestly, since the first few games Vorobyev has been underwhelming and (as much as it pains me to say it) I think Weal has done about as well in the 3C role (if not a little better). Obviously Vorobyev isn't getting playing time with Hakstol here, so might as well send him down where I expected him to be this year anyway (before his hot preseason).

I felt NAK earned a shot last year anyway. Plus, he's a perfect 4th line winger fit, especially when everyones healthy again. I said it before, I want Raffl-Laughton-NAK as the 4th line.

Goulbourne, on the other hand... :laugh: Are they f***ed in the head? I know there's some cavemen on here who love this kind of move but it's 2018...

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
What a fall from grace for Shill Meltzer. I remember when his articles were the go to for flyers news and analysis because whether negative or positive he told it like how he felt. Now that he has a cushy job with the organization, he shills so hard for them no matter what they do. Seriously, this team could trade Sanheim for Karl alzner and he'd write a two page article gushing over how brilliant of a move it is by hextall. I get he probably can't trash the organization, but he goes way over the top in his defense of every single thing this team does. Hey Shill, if you still have a hfboard account, can you explain why this team is stuck in mediocrity the last 5 years with zero end in sight if every move made by the front office and coach is brilliant?
You really need to stop beating around the bush and let him know what you really think :DD

Reactions: Philly Phish

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
That’s a problem. In its self. You have to make it hard for Ron to send you back down. We have players who are worse playing but they don’t. This is why fans are frustrated.

It's not a problem at all.
Players like Weise are scratched most games, AMac is now glued to the bench, you want a young player in that role?

Real prospects play or go down to play, but you don't want them playing 8-10 minute and get scratched every third game.

Players like Leier or Goul are no different than Weise, you're not worried about their development b/c they're not in your future plans.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It's not a problem at all.
Players like Weise are scratched most games, AMac is now glued to the bench, you want a young player in that role?

Real prospects play or go down to play, but you don't want them playing 8-10 minute and get scratched every third game.

Players like Leier or Goul are no different than Weise, you're not worried about their development b/c they're not in your future plans.

Playing 8 out of 11 games qualifies as being scratched most games?

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Didn't read the rest of the thread, but I'll toss a hot take out there:

I don't mind the Vorobyev for NAK swap. Honestly, since the first few games Vorobyev has been underwhelming and (as much as it pains me to say it) I think Weal has done about as well in the 3C role (if not a little better). Obviously Vorobyev isn't getting playing time with Hakstol here, so might as well send him down where I expected him to be this year anyway (before his hot preseason).

I felt NAK earned a shot last year anyway. Plus, he's a perfect 4th line winger fit, especially when everyones healthy again. I said it before, I want Raffl-Laughton-NAK as the 4th line.

Goulbourne, on the other hand... :laugh: Are they ****ed in the head? I know there's some cavemen on here who love this kind of move but it's 2018...
I'd guess that most people are fine with Vorobyev for NAK in a vacuum but aren't happy with how the former has been handled by the team so far this year, coupled with Dave's public comments about him yesterday.

And Goulbourne, of course.

Reactions: Stizzle

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'd guess that most people are fine with Vorobyev for NAK in a vacuum but aren't happy with how the former has been handled by the team so far this year, coupled with Dave's public comments about him yesterday.

And Goulbourne, of course.
Oh yeah, that’s a given, Hakstol misused him like crazy because he has no clue how to develop players.

I was just thinking from a roster impact perspective.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Playing 8 out of 11 games qualifies as being scratched most games?

Weise played 46 of 82 games last year.
When JVR returns, he'll start getting benched, when Raffl returns, he may never dress again.
If NAK plays well, that will get him scratched on a regular basis.

We started this season with Lehtera, Weal, Knight and Weise as the 12th to 15th forwards.
We lost two forwards to injury (replaced Vorobyev with NAK), so instead of one, three of these four (Knight or Goul) have to dress.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Weise played 46 of 82 games last year.
When JVR returns, he'll start getting benched, when Raffl returns, he may never dress again.
If NAK plays well, that will get him scratched on a regular basis.

We started this season with Lehtera, Weal, Knight and Weise as the 12th to 15th forwards.
We lost two forwards to injury (replaced Vorobyev with NAK), so instead of one, three of these four (Knight or Goul) have to dress.

Last year isn't this year. Hakstol makes bad decisions and fixates on bad players. Past precedent indicates he'll keep Weise in for as long as possible.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Yes, we've had a rash of injuries to start the season.
Seasons have their own logic, Hextall could make some TDL trades and/or kids in the AHL could be promoted.
But players like Weise and Lehtera are veteran depth that you can sit for weeks if need be.

Right now we're missing 2 of our top 11 forwards, and Vorobyev was a flop. So 3 of the 11 we started the season with are out.
NAK will get a shot to replace Vorobyev, JVR returns in about 2 weeks, Raffl in December?
As we get players back, everyone moves down the food chain.
And if Rubtsov or Twarynski or Vorobyev or Kase or even Bunnaman have a hot 3 month stretch, they may force a promotion.
But you don't promote a prospect to be the 13th forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad