ATD2020 Draft Thread I

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
This is the option between whom and Bourque I was.

While I think Richard is a better player than Bourque, Ray is much easier to build around in the ATD (and I've build around both, with Bourque in ATD2013 and Richard in ATD2015).

Your team is more likely to be stronger with Bourque in the final product.

ChiTownPhilly

Not Too Soft
Feb 23, 2010
AnyWorld/I'mWelcomeTo
Actually nevermind, gonna try something different (for me)...

Chicago selects the best player available, Bobby Hull, LW
In the soft light of morning, I decided I "liked" the pick...

Powder-Blue Jersey: Most Courageous Rider. Go get 'em(!)

In practice, it seems to have been easier to build around Rocket than Bobby Hull. In theory, I don't know why that should be the case.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
In the soft light of morning, I decided I "liked" the pick...

Powder-Blue Jersey: Most Courageous Rider. Go get 'em(!)

In practice, it seems to have been easier to build around Rocket than Bobby Hull. In theory, I don't know why that should be the case.

Richard excelled playing with two undrafted two-way playmaking centers, and those are a dime a dozen to find in the ATD. So it's an easier sell.

Reactions: TheDevilMadeMe

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
EE24BD43-100E-4DD1-BF7C-7C5E2980BE8E.jpeg

My wife snapped this photo.

I’m teaching him young, fellas! He’ll be an ATD participant by ATD 2030. ;)

ChiTownPhilly

Not Too Soft
Feb 23, 2010
AnyWorld/I'mWelcomeTo
Hull was more of a puck hog than Richard, no?
That's the rap- but neither @pappyline nor I (ih- we both saw him play) can figure out where that came from. I guess it comes from quotations from a teammate or two looking to point fingers elsewhere on the topic of playoff shortcomings.

Hull's assists to goals ratio is more favorable than M. Richard's-- and Richard had Beliveau and (will be drafted) as Centers. Hull mostly had (undrafted Center who was a 4th-liner in the most recently completed MLD) as his Center, except for when he teamed up with (will also be drafted) on the Power Play.

Last edited:

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
That's the rap- but neither @pappyline nor I (ih- we both saw him play) can figure out where that came from. I guess it comes from quotations from a teammate or two looking to point fingers elsewhere on the topic of playoff shortcomings.

Hull's assists to goals ratio is more favorable that M. Richard's-- and Richard had Beliveau and (will be drafted) as Centers. Hull mostly had (undrafted Center who was a 4th-liner in the most recently completed MLD) as his Center, except for when he teamed up with (will also be drafted) on the Power Play.

I have always heard (player and coaches quotes mostly) that Hull shouldered a lot of the offensive burden at ES because he usually skated with much lesser talents, hence the need to carry the puck a lot more than a normal winger. Without name dropping, was their somebody on the Hawks top line that was the puck carrier/distributor over Hull?

But eyewitness accounts are generally the best source of information.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Time to insult some of the very best players of all- time.

Bobby Hull = puck hog
Maurice Richard = cherrypicker.

Yes, I realize these criticisms mostly apply to when these guys were younger.

IMO, it's probably just easier to deal with Richard. But I've also never had Hull myself.

These are both accurate assessments from everything I've ever heard/seen on the HoH boards and elsewhere.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Seriously I either wasn't aware or forgot that Crosby's Hart record was near identical to Béliveau's.

The way his game is evolving shows a maturation that is reminiscient of Jean in his 30's.

Crosby is still the #1 player I'd take on my team this year to go deep in the playoffs.

It will be very interesting to see how the next five years go for him and Pittsburgh.

Reactions: ImporterExporter

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I tried this last time I participated and failed, but I've always wanted to take a goalie early and build a winning team. Maybe in a 40 team draft it'll be more doable.

Seattle will take G Patrick Roy.

Almost took him, but I took a goalie early last year and didn't want to do it again.

I do think top goalies are more valuable in a 40 teams draft.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I mean, Bobby Hull peaked in the 1960s, there are a couple of games we can watch of Hull in his prime and see for ourselves. It's tougher to find those for Richard in the early 1940s.

I'm going to watch a Bobby Hull game this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad