Roger's Pancreas*

Team: Calgary Stampeders
GM: Roger's Pancreas
Assistant: MiamiScreamingEagles

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Reading through the comments, most see 32 as an absolute maximum with a preference for 28 or less. With 25 GMs now I think we need to get this point out of the way ASAP. 28 or hope to wait for 32?

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
EagleBelfour said:
Also, I would really like to see a division named the René Lecavalier division. He's up there with Foster Hewitt as the best announcer ever in Canada and to be honest, I hate to see the Don Cherry division. If Cherry is there, we need someone to balance it out. Also, Cherry could be considered as a coach in the ATD, MLD or AAA so I think we should rule him out.

What's going on with my request? It has already been second and no one commented on it.

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
The Foster Hewitt division
The Bob Cole division
The Don Cherry division
The Jim Robson division

... Really feel Cherry is the odd man out. He don't have the same standing as the others.

Roger's Pancreas*

Reading through the comments, most see 32 as an absolute maximum with a preference for 28 or less. With 25 GMs now I think we need to get this point out of the way ASAP. 28 or hope to wait for 32?
I'd like to see 28 teams, with an emphasis on having an assistant general manager.

Diving Pokecheck*

what players do you say have made a case for themselves in the MLD to jump to the next level?
I would say:
Gord Roberts
Hobey Baker
Metro Prystai

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
what players do you say have made a case for themselves in the MLD to jump to the next level?
I would say:
Gord Roberts
Hobey Baker
Metro Prystai

Baker is definitely up there has a #7 defenseman. We really don't know enough of his play to put him in the regular lineup IMO. I thought before the draft that I would take Prystai on my lineup, but I found out, especially at 28 teams, that he's merely a 13th forward IMO.

Gord Roberts is excellent. A lot of pré-1910 players don't get enough consideration.

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
The Bob Cole division
The Jim Robson division
The René Lecavalier division

And if so I would like to be in the Lecavalier division. He's right up there with Hewitt as the greatest hockey commentator in Canada history IMO.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I would say:
Gord Roberts
Hobey Baker
Metro Prystai

Baker is a great 7th D-Men in an ATD, for a lack of evidence on how he would play in a regular role against stiff competition.

Gord Roberts, it depends on. If I look at my team in the ATD 8, Roberts would be left out, because I would have had questions on how he would have played on a 4th line. (LW's were Moore and Barber on the Top-6, Pulford was reunited with Keon on the 3rd. Mel Bridgman was my 4th LW. There's no doubt Roberts is a better player than Bridgman, but the reduced IT raises questions for Roberts.

Prystai would have been a bottom-half checking line center in every draft since ATD7. Would probably have drafted him if there would have been some roster space on the Castors (Keon and Phil Watson were my 3rd and 4th)

Paddy Moran, Jim Henry, Bunny Laroque, and Mike Karakas should get in the ATD in a 3-goaltenders format.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
If nik and Hedberg are in, I believe that gives us the 28 teams we wanted...

I'll give a vote to retain the Don Cherry Division. Love him or hate him, he's one of the icons of the game. He's a passionate backer of Canadian hockey, and the people who deserve our support the most - our soldiers and our police officers. Millions of fans have grown up with him at intermission.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
If nik and Hedberg are in, I believe that gives us the 28 teams we wanted...

I'll give a vote to retain the Don Cherry Division. Love him or hate him, he's one of the icons of the game. He's a passionate backer of Canadian hockey, and the people who deserve our support the most - our soldiers and our police officers. Millions of fans have grown up with him at intermission.

We're actually at 29 now if we add nik and hedberg.. Hopefully 1 more shows up to give us an even number...or 3 more to give us a good number for division, otherwise we'll have to drop hedberg off

Last edited:

pappyline

Jul 3, 2005
Mass/formerly Ont
The Bob Cole division
The Don Cherry division
The Jim Robson division

... Really feel Cherry is the odd man out. He don't have the same standing as the others.
Yeh, Cherry is a buffoon. Replace him with LaCavalier. Also would like to see Gallivan in there, Replace Cole with gallivan. nothing against Cole but Gallivan is better.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Hedberg is a past ATDer. Put a newbie on the waiting list, not Hedberg!! This is NOT first come, first served, remember.

but then again, i know at least one more experienced poster will be joining!!

so, let's go for 32 (it's only saturday, thread started wednesday night... surely will get 32 EASILY if don't stop prematurely the sign-up thread)

it makes for exactly 8 teams per division, no first round byes

simple playoffs (#1 vs #8, #2 vs, #7, etc)

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Hedberg is a past ATDer. Put a newbie on the waiting list, not Hedberg!! This is NOT first come, first served, remember.

but then again, i know at least one more experienced poster will be joining!!

so, let's go for 32 (it's only saturday, thread started wednesday night... surely will get 32 EASILY if don't stop prematurely the sign-up thread)

it makes for exactly 8 teams per division, no first round byes

simple playoffs (#1 vs #8, #2 vs, #7, etc)

Good point. We'll wait and hope for 32.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad