ATD #9 Sign-up and Preliminary Discussion

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Thirty-two teams. We're set. I would have preferred 28, since I already had most of my list set thinking 28 teams. But with some of the guys we have signed up, I won't complain about 32.

I'm sure, though, that if we had a guy ask to be a co-GM/assistant GM for a team, that he could get in.

Good to see pwnasaurus back - he really impressed me with his work ethic, reliability and diligence in ATD #7. And I'm glad to see Cup in this thing, too. Always enjoyed his contributions in the History of Hockey forum.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Just an FYI: There will be division announcements once all teams have submitted a name. Will post the draft order in a few hours and give people time to digest and fine tune their strategy going forward.

Say Hey Kid

War, it's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Homage

We don't compliment each other until after we win...:D
You guys are perfect for each other! Queen wrote "We are the champions" about you in ATD#9. Who's gonna get 2nd place? ;)

*My signature is an homage to your team.

Last edited:

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Where was the first ice hockey game played? Some say Nova Scotia, others Montreal, ... some say Kingston.

It's a fact that in 1886 the Kingston (Royal Military Cadets) Paladins played Queen's Golden Gaels. My co-g.m. Frightened Inmate #2 is in the Canadian military now, so... we shall manage the
RoyalMilitaryCollPaladins.GIF

Kingston RMC Paladins
g.m.: VanIslander & Frightened Inmate #2​

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
Where was the first ice hockey game played? Some say Nova Scotia, others Montreal, ... some say Kingston.

It's a fact that in 1886 the Kingston (Royal Military Cadets) Paladins played Queen's Golden Gaels. My co-g.m. Frightened Inmate #2 is in the Canadian military now, so... we shall manage the
RoyalMilitaryCollPaladins.GIF

Kingston RMC Paladins
g.m.: VanIslander & Frightened Inmate #2​

It's not going to be the same with you two arguing as a team rather than against each other. :D

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
Thirty-two teams. We're set. I would have preferred 28, since I already had most of my list set thinking 28 teams. But with some of the guys we have signed up, I won't complain about 32.

Yep, I had a couple pf plan in mind for a 28 team draft. Now at 32, 8 more picks in between your selection ... I'M not sure I will be able to do it, unless I get real lucky.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
With 32 teams, that means an extra 96 picks overall... making past minor league drafts important as a resource of info for the later rounds :D

This should be the best draft ever.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
Although it would have been a new challenge to pick really high or really low for once (I've picked 12 and 16 before), I'm pretty happy with eleven.

I do have one complaint. My name has been consistently spelled wrong on the ATD Part 1 page. TC has dropped an "r" and added another "z", leaving me with Arbezz. I doubt I'm alone in thinking that this was done on purpose with malicious intent. This is psychological warfare of the dirtiest form. But it won't work, my capery friend. Because I pick 11th, and you pick 26th. Kocur is mine :naughty:.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Decided to check my PMs today and noticed one in there regarding this. Well, it's definitely full up now, and I don't think my prior committments would've allowed me to take part as a full-time GM, but anyone who thinks they might need an assistant can know I'd love to help out. I took part in two of these, and had loads of fun, from what I can recall. So, again, if anybody needs somebody, I wouldn't mind being that somebody.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
... anyone who thinks they might need an assistant can know I'd love to help out. I took part in two of these, and had loads of fun, from what I can recall. So, again, if anybody needs somebody, I wouldn't mind being that somebody.
Come on guys.

Surely someone is McLovin' it. :naughty:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
You can write me in as a sortof co-gm for the Montreal Wanderers as we sortof agreed me and LapierreSports.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad