ATD 2020 Signup and Discussion

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Love the 5 teams in each division!

There will be 8 divisional champions. That is an accomplishment. Only one team can be ATD champ, but several can have some glory!

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
But we can debate this as the draft is ongoing. The draft is going to be very long.
PLEASE set playoff format in stone BEFORE we start.

We.have never debated/changed playoff format mid-draft. Let's not start. Play by fixed set rules!

We have enough on our plate taking care of two teams, following two divisions, and commenting on picks by 40 teams, each with different linemates and dynamics.

I feel like a kid in a candy store!

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
PLEASE set playoff format in stone BEFORE we start.

We.have never debated/changed playoff format mid-draft. Let's not start. Play by fixed set rules!

We have enough on our plate taking care of two teams, following two divisions, and commenting on picks by 40 teams, each with different linemates and dynamics.

I feel like a kid in a candy store!

Well my format seems pretty standard, so if someone has a problem with it he can start speaking this week.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Full pick swap announcement:

Pittsburgh AC trades 24 to the New York Americans for pick 7.

That puts me 11 spots away (36th overall) from my 2nd team, Saskatoon so should be legal there.

@rmartin65 to confirm.

I don't get it, you were 11 spots away, but now you're much farther away. So no problem.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I meant the way you phrased it, but nevermind it's not important !

No, i messed up and had a brain fart haha.

I was looking at the draft order and forgot we do the snake style draft. Hence me thinking i was 11 picks away from Saskatoon.

As you said correctly, I'm even further away now, so no worries.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I’m glad you decided to participate @ImporterExporter. I think we got a damn good group this year. Hopefully everyone is active, ESPECIALLY come playoff time.

Thanks bud.

Well i got intrigued once I saw the draft size swelling. Figured I'd help push us to 40. I've never been a part of one this big before.

I definitely agree this is a great group. Glad to see a few new faces as well.

Namba 17

May 9, 2011
We can still discuss it, but as of now business as usual.

Since there's 8 divisions of 5, in each division the following could happen:

5th is eliminated, then 1st vs. 4th, 2nd vs. 3rd, then "1st" vs. "2nd", then the divisional winners embark on a normal bracket of 8 teams left.

But we can debate this as the draft is ongoing. The draft is going to be very long.
I think we have too many teams for this format.
What if only top-2 teams from each division make PO where teams #2 from one conference play with teams #1 from other. The next stages will be decided by lottery once again until it's final.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
How about vote on divisions and conference (can just vote by conference and sort it out). Top two seeds in conference get a bye. Two teams per division plus two wild cards.

That means half of the teams make the playoffs while still incentivizing winning division.

Reactions: ResilientBeast

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Er,... i said i feel like a kid in a candy store,...

But looking at 2nd, 3rd and 4th round positions... yikes!

I feel like i barely have two nickels to rub together.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
How about vote on divisions and conference (can just vote by conference and sort it out). Top two seeds in conference get a bye. Two teams per division plus two wild cards.

That means half of the teams make the playoffs while still incentivizing winning division.

How is that supposed to work mathematically? 20 teams in the playoffs, 10 make the next round and then you have 5 in the next round. And then?

Or if 4 get a bye to the second round, you have 16 teams in the first round, then the 8 winners plus 4 with a bye in the second round. That gives you 6 teams in the next round and then 3 in the next. And then?

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
How is that supposed to work mathematically? 20 teams in the playoffs, 10 make the next round and then you have 5 in the next round. And then?

Or if 4 get a bye to the second round, you have 16 teams in the first round, then the 8 winners plus 4 with a bye in the second round. That gives you 6 teams in the next round and then 3 in the next. And then?
Look man I hire people to do my math. Maybe its top three of each division with all division winners getting a bye - i dont know. I'm the ideas man.

Although I said only the top 2 teams in the conference get a bye and I think the math works there?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad