ATD 2020 Draft Thread V

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
It's surprising that three that haven't voted yet are in the conference semis!

Maybe that means they will, but are waiting until nearest the end of the voting period.

Last edited:

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Seems to be some pretty strong voting turnouts this year, which is great to see. Haven’t we seen previous years where 5-6 voters remain by the end? That hurts the integrity of the ATD, IMO. So getting 15-18 votes per round is awesome.

Reactions: ImporterExporter

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I trust you, but if Zamboni Mania and The Sabre show up, I’ll be pissed off.

I think my favorite ATD memory as far as GM's go, and this might have been my first damn year (or 2nd) was JFA87-66 (or something along those lines) making a pick from jail or right after he got out! :laugh:

Not sure if anyone remembers that but when I go through old bios or draft threads and see his name, i chuckle.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Seems to be some pretty strong voting turnouts this year, which is great to see. Haven’t we seen previous years where 5-6 voters remain by the end? That hurts the integrity of the ATD, IMO. So getting 15-18 votes per round is awesome.

Compared to the past few years, I do feel the turnout is much higher this late in the draft.

Always great to see for the overall experience.

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
You shouldn’t vote either. Should be 1 per team, which was discussed already.

Huh? You don't get to vote on your own series in the playoffs, so why not?

Everyone is allowed to vote, if both Co-GM's vote each of their votes only count as half, if only one Co-GM votes that counts as a full vote, it's been this way for as long as I can remember.

We are doing it this way right?

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
I could be wrong, but the way I’ve understood it is that Van and I’s regular season votes (if we both voted) would count for only half of a vote each. But since we don’t vote on our own playoff series, we each get a full vote in the playoffs should we both choose to vote.

Now I could be wrong, but I believe I read a few weeks back that this is the case.

But I don’t really care either way. Go ahead and count my vote as only a half of a vote if that would make people feel better. I’m serious though when I say Van and I have NOT discussed votes in any matter whatsoever.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
I could be wrong, but the way I’ve understood it is that Van and I’s regular season votes (if we both voted) would count for only half of a vote each. But since we don’t vote on our own playoff series, we each get a full vote in the playoffs should we both choose to vote.

That was my understanding. If that's wrong then no harm because VanIslander did not vote in any prior PO round this year.

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL

Now I could be wrong, but I believe I read a few weeks back that this is the case.

But I don’t really care either way. Go ahead and count my vote as only a half of a vote if that would make people feel better. I’m serious though when I say Van and I have NOT discussed votes in any matter whatsoever.

That was my understanding. If that's wrong then no harm because VanIslander did not vote in any prior PO round this year.
Huh? You don't get to vote on your own series in the playoffs, so why not?

If something was already agreed by everyone earlier that I didn't see then sure, go with that. If not, better have some others weigh-in, because we seem to be remembering it differently.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
We have had plenty of co-GM teams in ATD history and NEVER discounted any of their playoff votes!!!

Ever.

Just the regular season standings (because each naturally would put their own team 1st).

Last edited:

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
We have had plenty of co-GM teams in ATD history and NEVER discounted any of their playoff votes!!!

Ever.

Just the regular season standings (because each naturally would put their own team 1st).

Maybe I am mis-remembering that it was only for regular season, that's why I asked for others to chime in, thanks

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario

One active team should not have significantly more voting power than any other.

Or can I recruit 10 co-GMs real quick and bring them in for voting?

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
One active team should not have significantly more voting power than any other.

That isn't a rule though, right? If you want it to be one, it has to be brought up and agreed upon before the draft.

Two years ago you said the following in an ATD 2018 thread:
I don't think teams should get multiple votes, so I left the voting to the team's GM.

Which honours you. But the fact that it was your own voluntary decision not to submit a ballot along with your co-GM confirms that no such rule was in place.

Or can I recruit 10 co-GMs real quick and bring them in for voting?

We don't ever have more than two GMs per team, so let's stick to reality.

Reactions: ChiTownPhilly

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
That isn't a rule though, right? If you want it to be one, it has to be brought up and agreed upon before the draft.

Two years ago you said the following in an ATD 2018 thread:

Which honours you. But the fact that it was your own voluntary decision not to submit a ballot along with your co-GM confirms that no such rule was in place.

We don't ever have more than two GMs per team, so let's stick to reality.

I didn’t say VI couldn’t vote. I said he shouldn’t.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
17 ballots received.

RED FISHER CONFERENCE:

Baltimore Skipjacks – Bolshoy Ballett 4-3
1st star Bobby Clarke, 2nd star Scott Stevens, 3rd star Eddie Shore

Ottawa Senators – Pittsburgh Athletic Club 3-4 (last game did not go to OT, but two other games did)
1st star Mark Messier, 2nd star Jean Béliveau, 3rd star Georges Vézina

JIM COLEMAN CONFERENCE:

New Jersey Swamp Devils – Victoria Cougars 4-2
1st star Guy Lafleur, 2nd star Martin Brodeur, 3rd star Earl Seibert

Chicago Cougars – Orillia Terriers 3-4 (last game went to 2nd OT)
1st star Gordie Howe, 2nd star Mike Bossy, 3rd star King Clancy

Voters:
@BenchBrawl
@ChiTownPhilly
@Claude The Fraud
@Dreakmur
@Habsfan18
@Hawkey Town 18
@ImporterExporter
@MadArcand
@nabby12
@Namba 17
@ResilientBeast
@rmartin65
@Sprague Cleghorn
@TheDevilMadeMe
@tinyzombies
@tony d
@VanIslander

Last edited:

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Thanks to everyone who continues to vote. I am pleasantly surprised by the voting turnout this year.

On a personal note, I’m very proud of the fact that in my 3rd year of doing this, I now have an MLD title under my belt as well as co-GMing a team to the ATD conference finals (final 4 in a 40 team draft). I definitely could not have seen that coming when I first started doing this. I was a long time follower, but I only recently decided to start taking part and I’m certainly glad I did. So no matter what happens the rest of the draft, I can certainly say I’m proud of making it this far.

Congratulations as well to @ImporterExporter, @Dreakmur and @TheDevilMadeMe as well for making it all the way here. And really to everyone, as I think there were some really strong teams this year with great participation overall. I think a few teams definitely should have made it further than they did, but there were a lot of strong clubs.

I won’t be able to be as active, as I’m on the verge of returning to work early next week and have quite a few things to get in order before then. But I’ll still try to participate as much as I can.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad