ATD 2020 Draft Thread V

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Voting for the Finals is open!

PM's have been sent out.

Thank you to everyone who has stuck with us over 6 months. This has been a fantastic ride and experience all the way around.

@TheDevilMadeMe

Thank you sir for a fantastic final series. Really appreciate the discussion and keeping me on my toes throughout. Hopefully I provided some of the same in your direction!

No matter what happens Tuesday, I can safely say this has been such a great ATD, with fantastic participation. This year's ATD in particular was a very welcome distraction.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Voting for the Finals is open!

PM's have been sent out.

Thank you to everyone who has stuck with us over 6 months. This has been a fantastic ride and experience all the way around.

@TheDevilMadeMe

Thank you sir for a fantastic final series. Really appreciate the discussion and keeping me on my toes throughout. Hopefully I provided some of the same in your direction!

No matter what happens Tuesday, I can safely say this has been such a great ATD, with fantastic participation. This year's ATD in particular was a very welcome distraction.

It certainly has been a fun one!

Reactions: ImporterExporter

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
It certainly has been a fun one!

I have to say I was indeed skeptical of the 2 team format but would back it being used again in the years to come.

Added a different dynamic and gave you a chance to try different strategies.

Thank you sir. Again, appreciate your contributions and following along throughout!

Reactions: Namba 17

tabness

be a playa
Apr 4, 2014
Not planning on voting of course but been following a few teams as this thing progressed and if I was voting this matchup would be hard to decide... good luck boys congrats to both of you

Reactions: ImporterExporter

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Not planning on voting of course but been following a few teams as this thing progressed and if I was voting this matchup would be hard to decide... good luck boys congrats to both of you

Thanks tab!

You did a great job for your 1st go around. I especially liked that Tik-Yzeman-Kurri line. So damn good both ways. Obviously some teams would have a much larger offensive profile going power on power but nobody can really compete with that kind of defensive prowess, especially as a scoring unit.

Hope to see you around next year!

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Congratulation on your 3rd championship TheDevilMadeMe. This crystallizes you as a Top 2 GM ever alongside Sturminator. You were already there IMO but now you have the trophy count to back it up and distance yourself from the pack.

ImporterExporter, you did a remarkable job both in your research, debates and running the late part of the draft. As a repeating finalist, you winning it all feels more a matter of when than if. Your team was just as deserving to take the crown.

This was the best finals in many, many years.

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
16 ballots received. The result of the 2020 ATD Final:

New Jersey Swamp Devils – Pittsburgh Athletic Club 4-3
1st star Jean Béliveau, 2nd star Vladimir Krutov, 3rd star Guy Lafleur

Voters:
@BenchBrawl
@ChiTownPhilly
@Claude The Fraud
@Dreakmur
@Habsfan18
@Hawkey Town 18
@Johnny Engine
@kruezer
@nabby12
@Namba 17
@ResilientBeast
@rmartin65
@Sprague Cleghorn
@tinyzombies
@tony d
@VanIslander

@TheDevilMadeMe

Congrats bud!

Really great team you built top to bottom. Tough to lose but happy to have made it to this point.

Theo, thank you again for your time in tallying votes. Much appreciated.

And thank you to everyone else who kept up and voted throughout this draft. It was damn fun. :)

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Interesting that Jean Béliveau won the Conn Smythe trophy on the losing side. I thought for sure if TDMM won it would give back-to-back Smythes to Guy Lafleur (won it in 2019), but apparently I was wrong.

Reactions: TheDevilMadeMe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad