ATD 2011 Draft Thread XI - The Aftermath

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I'm the coolest , and I'm versatile.

I don't need multiple accounts , my single account is like 5 awesome persons in one.

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
Maybe VI wanted to hold an internet argument with himself? I guess you really never know?!?! :sarcasm:

To this day, I still believe Doughty had the highest peak of any defenseman available at that point. I've been on the Flyers board and FA games forever, and Velociraptor can vouch for me, I'm in a fantasy league with him.

Billy is for sure not a sock... of VanIslanders!

JK, me and Billy are not the same person.

Also... was Nighthawks a sock? Because that's awfully suspicious considering a team of VI's in the past was the the New Haven Nighthawks. I could be wrong though.

DoMakc

Jun 28, 2006
Nighthawks were VanI's team a couple drafts ago. i think Guelph Storm was another his team, and ZM called his team so at first before he gave it to Dwight.

EDIT: i should read before i post.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
IMO, GMs who disappeared without explanation (meaning Nighthawks and thatguy/saltystyle but not chaos) should be requires to either give a good explanation or enlist co-GMs before joining again.

overpass

Jun 7, 2007
Lol I work for 11 hours yesterday and have homework and exams to do today, and I miss all this hilarity! What the hell!

Anyone who can't see the humor in this pretty much needs to get off the internet more often. Part of me thinks its funny that VanI has this much time on his hands, part of me thinks its extraordinarily sad. It's hilarious though nonetheless.

As far as punishment, defintiely discount the votes and ban him from voting in the future. I have zero issue with keeping the teams here personally. I think there will be a negative sentiment towards them anyway at this point after this and they will probably be eliminated faster than they would have otherwise. So completely eliminating the teams solves nothing. I would hope we (as mods 70s and if Modo and Dave participate again) check IPs a touch more rigourously so this doesnt happen again. But as a one time thing its funny for certain.

After seeing what Billy said, I'm honestly surprised no one picked up on this. Had this not been my first rodeo that's something I defintiely would have thought about lol. You know, I never really like Sabre this draft. I thought he was douchey, condescending, and rude, especially to 70s with the time thing. I see this was mostly a made up thing because I've never thoguht that about VanI. So maybe the personality difference threw people off, but no one can be as douchey as Sabre was seriously I don't think.

Defintely shouldn't be any decisions made in haste. No reason to decide before the end of the draft what to do about this. Right now, I'd think banning him is a good idea just to make sure it doesn't happen again, but I feel like that's probably rash. Either way, thanks for the entertainment value of reading this VanI.

I'm kind of surprised nobody saw this earlier too. I noticed that the Sabre acted as if he had more of a history here than he did (like his reactions to 70s), and the same was true of ZM to some degree. But I didn't connect the dots. Maybe I was a bit naive and forgot that it's the internet.

I think my biggest problem with this is that I wasted my time assassinating Portland. On a less selfish note it's disappointing to see a lack of respect for the other draft participants. Agree that final decisions on VI should be dealt with after the draft.

But there's definitely a funny side to this. I see I'm not the only one who wondered if I was talking to 39 VI socks :)

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
VI must have been especially amused when 70s did that 4 team Level A draft by himself. Of course 70s actually used his one username for all four teams.

overpass

Jun 7, 2007
I'm kind of surprised nobody saw this earlier too. I noticed that the Sabre acted as if he had more of a history here than he did (like his reactions to 70s), and the same was true of ZM to some degree. But I didn't connect the dots. Maybe I was a bit naive and forgot that it's the internet.

I think my biggest problem with this is that I wasted my time assassinating Portland. On a less selfish note it's disappointing to see a lack of respect for the other draft participants. Agree that final decisions on VI should be dealt with after the draft.

But there's definitely a funny side to this. I see I'm not the only one who wondered if I was talking to 39 VI socks :)

Great post overpass, totally agree.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
draft's over, so I'll let this go on...

I'm the coolest , and I'm versatile.

But I play every single position in Adult Safe hockey, including both sides defense, and goalie. I am the most versatile.

ZAmbini Mania took over for Nighthawks when he disappeared.

Yeah, there is no logical scenario in which Nighthawks is a sock.

I'm cooler :nod:

No..... no you're not. I'm a 10 in coolness and you're a 7. I'm 3 cooler than you.

VI must have been especially amused when 70s did that 4 team Level A draft by himself. Of course 70s actually used his one username for all four teams.

Remember who was doing all those picks along with me? ZM!

VI never had time, and kept saying he'd eventually be in to profile a few guys. He did, in a completely different style from ZM. He's good... very, very good.

Great post overpass, totally agree.

:laugh:

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
So...am I cleared or do I need to whip out some evidence? Do I still get my votes counted?

you need to whip out some evidance, pictures of your girlfriend and her montreal phone number + her adress would be enough as far as ReenMachine is concerned.

Reen always was a pretty crazy kind of guy since he joined the ATD at least ( never heard of him before )

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad