ATD 2011 Draft Thread XI - The Aftermath

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Him always saying the newest Pirate is....

That's totlaly something I would have noticed from a guy who has been here for years doing multiple drafts lol. (EDIT: Don't mean to make myself sound like an observant dickhole)

I thought he was just copying the style he had seen in past drafts. He acted like a noob at the beginning - not knowing that Cyclone is a playmaker first - then claimed he did a lot of research from past drafts. The Hugh Lehman pick is when he reverted back to VI personality I think. I was definitely surprised a rook would draft him then too.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
This reminds me of a post The Sabre made with respect to the quality of the draft that ticked me off a bit in the sign up thread.

In the end VI really only drafted with one team and made replacement picks for two other legit but unloyal gm's (Nighthawks and Thatguy17). I only got votes from The Sabre so I don't think this would have hevily influenced the voting anyway (Of course I will disregard the votes anyway). The more I think about the whole situation, the less it bothers me though.

Well, he (as ZM) did try to make that trade with Reen without consulting his partner at the time.

Leafs Forever

Jul 14, 2009
The worst thing VanI probably did was trying to userp the democratic process as if his opinion was worth three times as much as anyone elses by voting multiple times in the trade vote and trying to make it seems like we were scaring GMs away. It didn't amount to anything since he lost, but what if it had been close enough where those votes would have made the difference and made a completely different set of trade rules?

Derick*

You guys should really screen participants more instead of just reading they want to join and putting them down. Fewer nut cases like VI, Reen, and I that way.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
lol that trade was hilarious , with perspective I would never do such a trade now

But even if I had do it I'm sure my team wouldn't have been the worst in the draft

Leafs Forever

Jul 14, 2009
On a lighter note, anyone else think trading went well this draft? Nothing too lopsided that got by the trade commitee, and things seemed to work out well in the end.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
On a lighter note, anyone else think trading went well this draft? Nothing too lopsided that got by the trade commitee, and things seemed to work out well in the end.

The three trade limit is a joke, but other than that, it went fine. There was at least one questionable trade that went through, but the real joke of a trade was unanimously shot down.

I agree with sturm that hard limits on the number of picks and rounds allowed to be involved would stop a lot of the bickering in the future.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
we need no-limit trade option for sure , we're always gonna trade a lot before the draft , but in the middle of the draft there's always adjustment that you could fix with a nice little trade here and there and I couldnt do it because of the limit.

vecens24

Jun 1, 2009
Yeah count me among those glad arrbez didn't use his deals before I got here haha. I needed to make a couple near the end to fill needs (toughness, D, etc.)

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
i say we do a 30 team draft , 40 was too much people involved , too many people with potential to drop out or have unfortunate personal situation forcing them to leave the draft , too many times between each pick ( especially for those of us with 2 consecutive picks )

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
i say we do a 30 team draft , 40 was too much people involved , too many people with potential to drop out or have unfortunate personal situation forcing them to leave the draft , too many times between each pick ( especially for those of us with 2 consecutive picks )

You know that there probably wouldn't have been space for you in a 30 team draft this time, right? :)

Anyway, it's way too early to make definite decisions on this. For future reference though, I really think GMs should be docked 3 hours for missing a 12 hour clock, 2 hours for missing an 8 hour clock, and the normal 1 for missing a 6 hour clock, but that there should be either a 3 or 4 hour minimum at all times. The middle of the draft is always excruciatingly slow, but the end this time was too much of a free-for-all.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
You know that there probably wouldn't have been space for you in a 30 team draft this time, right? :)Anyway, it's way too early to make definite decisions on this. For future reference though, I really think GMs should be docked 3 hours for missing a 12 hour clock, 2 hours for missing an 8 hour clock, and the normal 1 for missing a 6 hour clock, but that there should be either a 3 or 4 hour minimum at all times. The middle of the draft is always excruciatingly slow, but the end this time was too much of a free-for-all.

I wouldnt have noticed the ATD ,I was the last or just before last one to register and didn't think about it until someone PMed me I had the 2nd overall pick and I learned from there.

But now thatI'm in the system , I couldn't care less about expanding , but that's not my job to decide.I would like to make a 30 teams draft , more solid players and less time between picks so I can actually analyzes every players that get drafted between my picks instead ofj ust losing interest for 2 days knowing I won't pick anytime soon and missing info on players I dont know.

raleh

Oct 17, 2005
Dartmouth, NS
I guess this is a bad time to announce that TDMM and I are one person. This account was created to co-gm with GBC to mess with his head and convince him that Max Bentley was worthy of a first round pick. When GBC moved on, I decided to use this account to draft the single most boring team in ATD history. And I succeeded with this year's Springfield Indians.

Stoneberg

Bored
Nov 10, 2005
Halifax
Just for an update, and to make sure I've accounted for everything so far...

I have received 15 votes so far from the following GMs:

Hedberg
Dreakmur
Sturminator
Dwight
Velociraptor
BraveCanadian
Billy_ShOE1721
Boy Wonder
Stoneberg
Modo
Reen
Leaf Lander
DoMakc
jkrx
HomeNugget

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Just for an update, and to make sure I've accounted for everything so far...

I have received 15 votes so far from the following GMs:

Hedberg
Dreakmur
Sturminator
Dwight
Velociraptor
BraveCanadian
Billy_ShOE1721
Boy Wonder
Stoneberg
Modo
Reen
Leaf Lander
DoMakc
jkrx
HomeNugget

so you take time to put the 1721 in billy's name but you forget the ''Machine'' in mine?

:biglaugh:

Just fooling around

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
You know that there probably wouldn't have been space for you in a 30 team draft this time, right? :)

Anyway, it's way too early to make definite decisions on this. For future reference though, I really think GMs should be docked 3 hours for missing a 12 hour clock, 2 hours for missing an 8 hour clock, and the normal 1 for missing a 6 hour clock, but that there should be either a 3 or 4 hour minimum at all times. The middle of the draft is always excruciatingly slow, but the end this time was too much of a free-for-all.

That works for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad