Confirmed with Link: At Long Last: BUF signs Ryan Johnson to a 2-year ELC

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
What rules?

If you mean obtaining a work visa, that does not apply since he is American and the Amerks are not playing outside of the US the rest of this season.

He's in good hands.

Damn, does it feel good to say that after past regimes completely neglected Rochester. Theyre now becoming a very, very good team that is developing young players well.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
What rules?

If you mean obtaining a work visa, that does not apply since he is American and the Amerks are not playing outside of the US the rest of this season.
Yes. Also, not sure if we'd see a non-US citizen out there skating, even if it was outside of practices.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021

Noticeably bigger and more confident than even last summer.

I've always thought he was going to be a good nhl player. As his signing settles in, really glad to have him going forward.

certainly more mature and likable than a year ago ? Nice touch of him to mention Hamlin and the city.

Reactions: Sansbacon

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Yes. Also, not sure if we'd see a non-US citizen out there skating, even if it was outside of practices.

A non-US citizen could be out there if they came from one of the CHL leagues. They get a work visa that applies across all 3 leagues, which is why players can switch leagues (though it’s rare). They’re technically employees, as they get paid, and seeing there’s American teams, that is why Savoie has been able to play. Nadeau could play too if Rochester wanted him to.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
From that interview, seems like he wants to be here IE.. buffalo was a big sports city, the culture and coaches, the rally behind Hamlin, on a path to greatness &.. imho a management 180 degree turnaround.

I like it

I do also think, now, with what the rest of the league has seen with us the last couple years that FA's in future will see us as a somewhat favorable market

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
From that interview, seems like he wants to be here IE.. buffalo was a big sports city, the culture and coaches, the rally behind Hamlin, on a path to greatness &.. imho a management 180 degree turnaround.

I like it

I do also think, now, with what the rest of the league has seen with us the last couple years that FA's in future will see us as a somewhat favorable market
The second this team makes the playoffs and KeyBank becomes an intimidating crowd to play against again, we won’t have problems getting or retaining players. Sleeping giant market and we still dominate tv ratings.

Our regular season tv numbers double what the Panthers local numbers put up in the conference finals.

Same thing that happened with the Bills, guys want to play where they’re loved.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

The Black Aces is the term for the guys that are with a team in the playoffs and are not expected to play except when injuries hit.

Reactions: Ehran and Fjordy

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Well well well... see what happens when I stay away from these forums for a few days?
What could be next? 31 years ago this month, my sister was married in Charleston, WV (still married). I left a creamy-white with horizontal teal stripes cotton sweater in a drawer in my Red Roof Inn hotel room. I'm now expecting it to show up tomorrow, like a resurrected dead-letter..

I know Kevyn Adams is American, but I can't help but think he's a ninja RCMP:
1685474286274.jpeg

As long as it isn't H or H, because they'll both sound like stuck up assholes by default.
I'm thinking Hamilton called Ryan Johnson and convinced him to sign.
PH: "Ryan, Paul Hamilton, WGR Buffalo Sports Radio here, calling again. I think Zemgus Girgensons is leaving the Sabres as a UFA. I need someone to write about regularly. I really want it to be you. Won't you be, could you be, won't you be my neighbor?"
I never understood that reasoning.

Why put yourself in a position to invite accusations of nepotism? He's not being groomed to take over the family business.

Anyway, thrilled he's finally signed. Now we can direct baseless speculation elsewhere.
My forte'. Sign me up!!!

Reactions: Dirty Dog

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Would like to see Johnson on the right side, top pair, in Rochester. If we don't sign a RHD UFA or just trade for a 1-2 year stop gap, we absolutely should be giving him a lane to being Powers partner. I'm not saying that he will necessarily turn into our #4, just that we can give him that opportunity in his short term development.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Would like to see Johnson on the right side, top pair, in Rochester.
:nono:
Rochester's successful GM (the one that makes the playoffs) very much subscribes to pairing LD with RD.

:sarcasm:

In all seriousness, it's easier to acquire AHL players - so easier to have the balanced complement of LD/RD.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
How come he signed his contract left-handed if he shoots left-handed? Rare.
I am left handed for everything that requires one hand (including writing), but right handed for everything that requires two hands. Hockey baseball golf etc.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
I am left handed for everything that requires one hand (including writing), but right handed for everything that requires two hands. Hockey baseball golf etc.
Most lefties, shoot right in hockey. Generally harder to find. I'm sure some righties do shoot right but it is somewhat rare. I think the question is whether the fact he is left-handed makes more effective on his "natural" right side. Probably not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad