Confirmed with Link: At Long Last: BUF signs Ryan Johnson to a 2-year ELC

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I am, thank you for checking in. I appreciate it.

Metsa and Jandric are on AHL contracts so they're not technically ours. They could become ours...but not technically ours.

I know @Gabrielor keeps track of this, so I'll ask -- who else is signed to Rochester to play D next year?
1685207247101.png

Columns left to right:

-Their draft year by birthdate
-ECHL Number
-AHL Number
-Name
-Position
-Shot
-Height
-Weight
-DOB
-age (18-20 21-23 24-29 30-34 35-39 40+ color separations)
-nationality
-years remaining on ahl only contract
-if drafted, when/who?

Last edited:

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Hmmmm. After all that talk of wanting to sign in the organization for which his father works, maybe he doesn't have that great of a relationship with his real dad after all..... :sarcasm:
:D
I never understood that reasoning.

Why put yourself in a position to invite accusations of nepotism? He's not being groomed to take over the family business.

Anyway, thrilled he's finally signed. Now we can direct baseless speculation elsewhere.

Reactions: Fearnot

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
I have to say, it's nice that they got 2 of the 3 college guys signed after almost 2 years of speculation.

I was admittedly starting to think Johnson was just going to walk, happy he didn't. Even if he doesn't work out it's still a meaningful signing.

Reactions: Jeremy2020

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Only thing holding him back a bit is all our other top 4 d are left shot as well

Ehhhhh. Johnson played RHD as a freshman. Power and Sammy have both shown the ability to play either side as well. And we know Ras plays better on the right.

And KA's already gone on record as saying that he's not a firm believer in LD/RD for every pair.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
IDK if anyone needs clarification, but this contract starts next season, regardless of whether he goes to Rochester or gets into a game or anything like that. The NHL season is over, he could not sign an NHL that starts this season. He could only sign one that starts next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad