Post-Game Talk: At least we got a point?

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
People are a little too down on this game. They didn’t play very well, McD and Draisaitl particularly, but I mean, Winnipeg is the best team they’ve played this year and they still mostly shut them down.

No reason to call for any player’s head after this game.

Reactions: KYams17

TopCheese

Mar 16, 2016
canada
there must be some bottom 6 players out there that can be had for 3rd or 4th round picks. Cant keep winning with the way the bottom 6 is structured. Petan from toronto for a 4th?

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Just a hunch but they might have caught their annual flu bug again. They looked exhausted from the opening faceoff.

Yup. Flu season is just starting in Alberta and as I mentioned this is when McDavid gets his annual McFlu.

Guy needs to starting eating that raw garlic or something.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Games where Drai and McD look that bad will be few and far between. Would’ve been nice for the bottom 6 to bail us out, but 1 point is a solid result.

This should never be acceptable. It should never "be nice" for them to bail us out, it should be absolutely necessary that the bottom 6, hell the bottom 9 score more than 4 ES goals over 9 games, with 1 of them being Nygard who's injured, and the rest being james neal.

Our bottom 6 is on pace for 9 goals this year, and the one goal they do have is from Nygard. I don't care how good theyve been defensively if they aren't going to threaten to score at all.

Mcdavid and Drai are allowed to have bad games, but I'm sure it's even harder for them to recover from when they know if they have a bad game, they have nobody else who can score. Imagine leading the league in points, and still feeling like you aren't doing enough to win games because you have nothing outside one line.

Reactions: TB12

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
People are a little too down on this game. They didn’t play very well, McD and Draisaitl particularly, but I mean, Winnipeg is the best team they’ve played this year and they still mostly shut them down.

No reason to call for any player’s head after this game.

Except Khaira.

He can hit waivers any time now.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Shathar

Jul 23, 2009
Moncton, New Brunswi
Just a hunch but they might have caught their annual flu bug again. They looked exhausted from the opening faceoff.

it's possible. It's hard to say considering those two are used to playing 1/2 the game. I've been there, I'm sure lots of u have. Yr brain tells your body to do something and it just doesn't respond. That's what I saw from both of them. Hope they get some rest.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Thought the third line was actually pretty good tonight, tbh. Unfortunately none of them are any good around the net.

I'd personally move Jurco to the 2nd line and move Chiasson down. The bottom 6 needs a change. Move in Gagner. Guys like Khaira and Granlund are just showing next to nothing. Archibald has speed, but I haven't seen anything outside from that to be impressed.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
99% some of the team has the flue. It always comes around this timr. They looked dogged tired all game

Reactions: KYams17

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
McDavid has honestly looked off all year to me. So when people like Burke say that his game against the Flyers was one of the best games he’s ever seen McDavid play, it makes me question what these so called “hockey experts” even know about our team.

I’m not worried about him, but the sooner he gets back to form, the better for all our sanities.

it’s to be expected right? Since he was drafted we’ve been blessed to see him going full out every night. He’s been the team for years. Crosby, Malkin, Ovi, Stamkos the list goes on of star players who have a down stretch of games.

I’m not worried, I also don’t really blame the guy, the world has been expected of him since he became an NHL player.

Reactions: TB12 and harpoon

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
McDavid did look ill almost after that shootout attempt.

Hopefully he didn't try the prairie oysters.

Reactions: snipes

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
Smith played well his last 2 starts but the team just can't get him the win.

Only things I enjoyed this game was watching Bear play and the ref's shifty eyes.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
I think the perrson injury really hit the team harder. Bear and klef to an extent are our only outs in the back for passes. Russell, Benning, and Manning look like they couldn't afford a puck growing up at times.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Yup. Flu season is just starting in Alberta and as I mentioned this is when McDavid gets his annual McFlu.

Guy needs to starting eating that raw garlic or something.

You're more susceptible to the flu if you're pushing yourself physically to the limit, doesn't surprise me if he ends up getting sick, he is being worked very hard here. You just haaaaaaaad to have Larsson and Lucic didn't you Chia? Created a problem we shouldn't have.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
I'm guessing Lagesson and Gagner draw in next game.

McDavid looked gassed at the end, even Drai.

Sheahan-JJ line had some good pressure.

Smith had a great game.

The rest of the team...idk...seemed like they removed the foot off the pedal this game.

Glad for the point and move on I guess. But feel we deserved better than 1 point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad