Post-Game Talk: At least we got a point?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Entirely forgettable game. Have to admit I didn’t expect to see the Jets trap it up so much, but it was effective. McDavid and Drai are exhausted already.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Anything Draisaitl touched went to shit. McDavid looked like 25% of his usual self. The whole team was garbage, but this really showed our lack of depth. If those guys aren't going, we're not going.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
This is why I have my worries about the season. When the top line sucks our bottom 6 has literally nothing offensively.

On pace for 9 goals on the season

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Was worried in game 1 about McDavid.... still worried 17 league leading points later.... McDavid never made this many mistakes before and never looked as lethargic.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Maybe playing the top line for 26 minutes a game isn't gonna work.

Also I'll say it, McDavid's 2 way effort is just about non-existent and has been for awhile now.
I think the problem is he's struggling with too much two way effort imo. Looks gassed.

Reactions: rajan68

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
That was me, cry about it.

Trying to deke on this ice, does make him an idiot. Same with their 2 passes on 2 on 1's in OT, both times they bounced cause the ice was trash.

And yet you follow it up with more garbage.
Yeah I'm going to call out a poster when he calls the only reason why the Oilers are relevant a f***ing idiot. Well, one of two reasons why the Oilers are relevant.

McDavid and Draisaitl had a bad game, an unbelievably bad game but gain some perspective.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Yeah didn't feel great about Smith going into the shootout. Connor's not winning as many puck battles so far this year and it shows in games like this one where you need to outwork the other team.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Games where Drai and McD look that bad will be few and far between. Would’ve been nice for the bottom 6 to bail us out, but 1 point is a solid result.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Well I got a glimpse of how bad our team would be without McDrai. Pretty darn bad. Also remind me not to watch any Oilers Sunday games

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Undeserved point..Jets played like it was Game 7 of the Finals and eeked out a SO win.they deserved it
Smith was amazing and the PK was great but outside that..pretty terrible performance from the rest of the team

Shathar

Jul 23, 2009
Moncton, New Brunswi
McDavid and Drai looked exhausted, and it got waaay worse as the game went on. Just absolutely beat. It took them half the width of the rink just to turn and head the other way. My god. We are so lucky to have a point.

TopCheese

Mar 16, 2016
canada
Maybe playing the top line for 26 minutes a game isn't gonna work.

Also I'll say it, McDavid's 2 way effort is just about non-existent and has been for awhile now.
mcdavis was gassed at the end . He would have had a couple breakaways this game but you could see he just did not have the energy left

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
I think the smart thing to do would be to not have a practice tomorrow, and just let the players sleep all day in their hotel rooms.

f*** that they slept walk through this game

Bag skate bag skate bag skate

MCMIL OIL

Oct 19, 2011
Cochrane AB
Drai and Mcdavid look absolutely drained out there... and its October. This 25 minutes a night is starting to scare me. Need to find a way to lower there minutes and provide some secondary scoring. Maybe it's time to ship Puljujärvi and give old sammy snow pants a go.

Reactions: McDrai

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad