Post-Game Talk: At least we got a point?

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
People are a little too down on this game. They didn’t play very well, McD and Draisaitl particularly, but I mean, Winnipeg is the best team they’ve played this year and they still mostly shut them down.

No reason to call for any player’s head after this game.

Shut them down? The Jets had like 15 grade A chances. If they didn't suck at hitting the net this games a blow out.

Feb 9, 2013
Good game. Jets outplayed us but man this Oil team gave an excellent effort. So different from the past where this game would have been destined to be lost in regulation (like 3-0). So much urgency and effort by the Oil to get in the way and disrupt Jets shooters and puck carriers.

Bear continues to impress. Good poise and smarts and fairly solid D overall. Looking really good.

Very good game by Smith. He's a battler and the team battle for him in the D zone too. Good learning game.

Top line looked tired a bit sloppy and a bit disengaged tonight. Hard to blame them when they've been carrying the load and all the ice time they get.

Thank you!

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
No its the ice. Rolling pucks all game impossible to complete a pass

I was sure the puck was actually one of these for a long time.

sprong-cone-dome-ball-45.jpg

Reactions: Snowpants

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
You're more susceptible to the flu if you're pushing yourself physically to the limit, doesn't surprise me if he ends up getting sick, he is being worked very hard here. You just haaaaaaaad to have Larsson and Lucic didn't you Chia? Created a problem we shouldn't have.

Happens every year for him at the end of October it seems.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
This should never be acceptable. It should never "be nice" for them to bail us out, it should be absolutely necessary that the bottom 6, hell the bottom 9 score more than 4 ES goals over 9 games, with 1 of them being Nygard who's injured, and the rest being james neal.

Our bottom 6 is on pace for 9 goals this year, and the one goal they do have is from Nygard. I don't care how good theyve been defensively if they aren't going to threaten to score at all.

Mcdavid and Drai are allowed to have bad games, but I'm sure it's even harder for them to recover from when they know if they have a bad game, they have nobody else who can score. Imagine leading the league in points, and still feeling like you aren't doing enough to win games because you have nothing outside one line.

Relevant points - we need a lot more from the bottom 6 in particular, but I guess for me, knowing that the group is just Holland doing a quick patchwork with cheap unproven players, my expectations are extremely low. They should still be producing more than they are, but there really aren’t any bonafide guys on those lines that have been 10-15 goal scorers in the league before. Just Sheahan honestly.

I see that possibly changing this summer with a bit more cap space available.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Drai seemed fine to me
Really? I’m not going to dump on him, or call him ‘drunk’ like half the board was doing tonight, but that was not a game he’s going to be proud of. Same goes for McDavid. Let’s just acknowledge that hockey is a fast paced game with thousands of variables that don’t always break your way.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
Oh well, once it gets to S/O it's like a coin toss. Jets should have been penalized for too many men on that Oilers rush when the one Jet jumped on early and got into the play.

Reactions: Delicious Pancakes

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Oh well, once it gets to S/O it's like a coin toss. Jets should have been penalized for too many men on that Oilers rush when the one Jet jumped on early and got into the play.

Refs were shit this game too. Neal got his stick slashed and broken out of his hands, but they called a weak ass 'holding' on Nuge.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
On a positive note I did like Bear that game especially watching him man handle Schiefele at the end.

If he continues playing the way he has, you gotta take a shot at him and try to lock him up cheap. His positioning tonight was great, especially like that Scheifele play you mentioned

Reactions: snipes

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Yeah it is weird isn’t it??? Same time every year

Like clockwork.

The McFlu hits him around the end of October.

In fairness, it hits a lot of people in Alberta hard this time of year. That cold dry air season shift gets a lot of people. I don’t usually get it but I know lots of people that do.

Reactions: Oilhawks

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Manning had a few good plays, but so many bad ones that started fire drills. Please switch him next game.

Reactions: KYams17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad