Prospect Info: At 29th Overall the Blackhawks Select Henri Jokiharju (signed through 2020-21)

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
When do you estimate Sikura gets called up? I'm thinking he gets around 10 games in Rockford and then comes up.

Sikura is going to need to be better without the puck. Else I'm not sure Hawks can handle an additional winger who probably would be in bottom 6 and may be one-dimensional. (the jury is still out).
Defense is already a pretty big problem team-wise.

Of course we could continue to play wide open and hope the scorers continue to click. Q may not have a choice. I say turn 'em loose and take your chances that offence will come. At least until Crawford returns.

Funny thing, typical Q will do the opposite to that and try to make the team boring again.

Last edited:
Reactions: hawksrule

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Boqvist-Jokiharju
Keith-Mitchell
Beaudin-Seabrook

I keep salivating every time I look at our future D core.
I keep telling everyone do not overlook Chad Krys - LD - 6'1 185 lbs -he has top 4 ability, him and Fabbro top studs at BU and another turning pro this year with Mitchell.

I think one of these kids gets traded somewhere down the road because if they hit like they are looking to hit, no room for all of them right now with Seabs and Keith here for the next few years...

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Saw an interview with him at one point where he says he's comfortable playing on the off wing.

Ah okay. Do you have any concern about Mitchell signing? Say next year Joker and Boqvist are playing top 4 minutes on the right side, NHL lockout is looming the year after, will there be incentive for Mitchell to say you know what I’m going to play out this year and stay for senior year and evaluate things...if there is any sliver of risk and they can get a top 6 forward prospect for him it might be worth exploring...

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I keep telling everyone do not overlook Chad Krys - LD - 6'1 185 lbs -he has top 4 ability, him and Fabbro top studs at BU and another turning pro this year with Mitchell.

I think one of these kids gets traded somewhere down the road because if they hit like they are looking to hit, no room for all of them right now with Seabs and Keith here for the next few years...
You're right about Krys. I think him and Beaudin will have to fight for a spot. One of these guys is definitely getting traded at some point.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Ah okay. Do you have any concern about Mitchell signing? Say next year Joker and Boqvist are playing top 4 minutes on the right side, NHL lockout is looming the year after, will there be incentive for Mitchell to say you know what I’m going to play out this year and stay for senior year and evaluate things...if there is any sliver of risk and they can get a top 6 forward prospect for him it might be worth exploring...
Best case scenario is we're a play off team this year and we incentivise Mitchell to sign by playing top 4 minutes in the play offs and burning a year off his ELC.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
not stepping on Mr. Musto's toes, but I have no fear at all with Mitchell. the general feeling is he is signing after this year. there is a new coach in town, and typically when new coaches arrive, older players might turn pro a bit sooner since this wasn't "their" guy they wanted to play for. I am not saying there will be any issues, but Mitchell looks to be a 2 years and gone player, and this team will have room for him as soon as he decides to jump...if anything Mitchell wants to beat the rest of the herd to the punch in turning pro - plus burning off a year of his ELC is huge, wanting to wait 4 years seems stupid in Mitchell's shoes or skates right now IMO.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
not stepping on Mr. Musto's toes, but I have no fear at all with Mitchell. the general feeling is he is signing after this year. there is a new coach in town, and typically when new coaches arrive, older players might turn pro a bit sooner since this wasn't "their" guy they wanted to play for. I am not saying there will be any issues, but Mitchell looks to be a 2 years and gone player, and this team will have room for him as soon as he decides to jump...if anything Mitchell wants to beat the rest of the herd to the punch in turning pro - plus burning off a year of his ELC is huge, wanting to wait 4 years seems stupid in Mitchell's shoes or skates right now IMO.

Everything you said is why I’m surprised he didnt go pro this past summer

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Everything you said is why I’m surprised he didnt go pro this past summer
yeah but he has to feel ready to jump as well, and I think him staying another years shows his drive and character. he wants to be better, dominate out there, and this season will give him that chance since so much talent has left Denver.

Jeffrey Lebowski

The Chicago Little Lebowski Urban Achievers
Jul 31, 2009
North Side
yeah but he has to feel ready to jump as well, and I think him staying another years shows his drive and character. he wants to be better, dominate out there, and this season will give him that chance since so much talent has left Denver.

I would think that the organization was the one that wanted him back at Denver but I'm just totally guessing.

If an nhl team wanted to give me a chance, even if i felt i wasn't ready, i would take that chance.

But again, I'm speculating

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
I would think that the organization was the one that wanted him back at Denver but I'm just totally guessing.

If an nhl team wanted to give me a chance, even if i felt i wasn't ready, i would take that chance.

I believe toews was offered a contract after he was drafted and decided to go back to North Dakota cause he diddnt think he was ready

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Boqvist-Jokiharju
Keith-Mitchell
Beaudin-Seabrook

I keep salivating every time I look at our future D core.

Don’t salvate too hard, who knows what sticks around for long with Stan at the helm. I can see him trying to get rid of Seabrook by giving away two gems easily or even Saad loool

Jeffrey Lebowski

Jul 31, 2009
North Side
I believe toews was offered a contract after he was drafted and decided to go back to North Dakota cause he diddnt think he was ready

Fair point, but there's a few differences in that comparison that i won't bring up. Like i said, i was just speculating. You very well may be right.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Don’t salvate too hard, who knows what sticks around for long with Stan at the helm. I can see him trying to get rid of Seabrook by giving away two gems easily or even Saad loool
If Saad is all takes to get rid of Seabs, I'd do that in a heartbeat haha.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
If Saad is all takes to get rid of Seabs, I'd do that in a heartbeat haha.

Lmaoooooo I meant he will give away a gem or two to GET RID of Saad because no one will touch Saad with a ten foot pole right now as his salary and performance

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

well that could be the case, but with NCAA kids it is harder...at least the CHL guys get a 9 game look and then can be sent back to junior, once you sign that is it for your college career...some kids still want to be a part of a team or that college atmosphere for at least a few years. typically, when a college kid wants to sign, and is a top 2 round pick, the team will USUALLY sign them for reasons I said as well as the fear of snubbing them and losing them in 4 years when they refuse to sign. The only name I can think of who was refused a contract of late was Will Butcher which is why he walked on the Avalanche as a f*** you.

If Mitchell wanted to sign, he would be here, Bowman would have signed him and he would be up with the Hawks or with Rockford, I firmly believe he wouldn't have turned him down at all. I think it helps Mitchell more this year for him to continue to work on maturing, filling out, taking on a larger role, etc...there was no downside here for him to go back one more year IMO...but I think this is it, he signs as soon as the season ends and we see him up at the end of the year showing this team what he can do...same with Krys.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
It is not common for D to step right in at 19-20 so spending another year in Denver is probably a good thing. We cannot hit on all these guys at the same time. We would never be able to afford to keep them.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I'm okay with giving guys like Mitchell and Krys a taste this year. Let them (and Beaudin) play in Rockford next year, while Jokiharju and Boqvist are with the Hawks. Year after, we have at least three legit options to add to our defensive core. A good problem to have.

Reactions: bwana63

Jeffrey Lebowski

Jul 31, 2009
North Side
well that could be the case, but with NCAA kids it is harder...at least the CHL guys get a 9 game look and then can be sent back to junior, once you sign that is it for your college career...some kids still want to be a part of a team or that college atmosphere for at least a few years. typically, when a college kid wants to sign, and is a top 2 round pick, the team will USUALLY sign them for reasons I said as well as the fear of snubbing them and losing them in 4 years when they refuse to sign. The only name I can think of who was refused a contract of late was Will Butcher which is why he walked on the Avalanche as a **** you.

If Mitchell wanted to sign, he would be here, Bowman would have signed him and he would be up with the Hawks or with Rockford, I firmly believe he wouldn't have turned him down at all. I think it helps Mitchell more this year for him to continue to work on maturing, filling out, taking on a larger role, etc...there was no downside here for him to go back one more year IMO...but I think this is it, he signs as soon as the season ends and we see him up at the end of the year showing this team what he can do...same with Krys.

Ahh gotcha. I didn't think about the fact that they wouldn't get to go back to college. That makes more sense now.

I do wonder how much say nhl clubs have over a prospects developmental choices though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad