Prospect Info: At 29th Overall the Blackhawks Select Henri Jokiharju (signed through 2020-21)

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008

YAYAUAYAYAUAUAUAUSNSKWDNSM

I’d put Cat on left D, and sneak him down to the dot for a crossing pass from Kane. Looping rotations between Kane, Schmaltz and Cat for movement. Toews in/out and left/right in the slot and at the net. Jokiharju covers defense umbrella like.

Reactions: LordKOTL

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I’d put Cat on left D, and sneak him down to the dot for a crossing pass from Kane. Looping rotations between Kane, Schmaltz and Cat for movement. Toews in/out and left/right in the slot and at the net. Jokiharju covers defense umbrella like.

Cat and Schmaltz should be flipped IMO and Cat as a quicker release and Schmaltz is more mobile and has a good one timer from the wing. Having Schmaltz in the slot does not utilize his ability to move while also neutralizing Cats ability to find the soft spot in the D.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
worst part of all this?
Unit 2 has 5 LH shots..
Anisimov, Saad, Kahun, Gustafsson, Keith

I saw a video of them working on it on the ice. Its Dineen there coaching them. This guy is an idiot. I'm convinced.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
so then does this mean pp2 has Keith and Seabs on the point??? Seabs needs to be involved with our power plays for the love of God

Reactions: pvr

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
worst part of all this?
Unit 2 has 5 LH shots..
Anisimov, Saad, Kahun, Gustafsson, Keith

I saw a video of them working on it on the ice. Its Dineen there coaching them. This guy is an idiot. I'm convinced.

How is Seabrook not on the second unit? Unreal.

If they need another RH shot, Hayden should be in as well. Bye Saad.

Here's to hoping the first PP unit plays the entire PP.

Yes, Dineen is a f***ing idiot. That is very clear.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Cat and Schmaltz should be flipped IMO and Cat as a quicker release and Schmaltz is more mobile and has a good one timer from the wing. Having Schmaltz in the slot does not utilize his ability to move while also neutralizing Cats ability to find the soft spot in the D.

Agree. I’m not convinced that Cat even has good one-timer at all. Havent seen that pretty much ever in NHL.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Actually they switched Schmaltz and Cat’s spot there per one tweet. Hopefully they try it in game too.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Agree. I’m not convinced that Cat even has good one-timer at all. Havent seen that pretty much ever in NHL.

Probably because he has such a ridiculous wrist/snap shot. And he just started getting PP time, which is really the only place you see one-timers anymore.

Reactions: migi

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
I may be completely wrong, but I worry about overusing Joker. Of course if he can keep up with the workload the whole season I'd have him on both the PP and PK along with high 5v5 minutes. But its his first season in the NHL and by game 60 he might be used up.

At this point he is dominating 5v5 play. Get him as much 5v5 ice time as possible along with PK time.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
I may be completely wrong, but I worry about overusing Joker. Of course if he can keep up with the workload the whole season I'd have him on both the PP and PK along with high 5v5 minutes. But its his first season in the NHL and by game 60 he might be used up.

At this point he is dominating 5v5 play. Get him as much 5v5 ice time as possible along with PK time.
If he’s going to get time on one or the other I think I would prefer it to be the PP over the PK.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Also what might effect on PP is piss poor face/off stats, Hawks are (after 3 games) 24th in the league with 47% ,
2nd in the league in face/off losses (108), oh can't forget 8th in missed shots (34), but then again, Hawks
are 4th in shooting percentage with almost 15, go figure.

5 on 5 Hawks are magical, on man advantage,...not so much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad