Prospect Info: At 27th Overall The Predators Select Zachary L'Heureux

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
QMJHL looks foolish now.

I didn’t like the pick on that draft day and I like it even less now. Hopefully the kid gets the help he needs but I don’t want him any where near the Preds organization.

Reactions: Preds Partisan

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
QMJHL looks foolish now.

I didn’t like the pick on that draft day and I like it even less now. Hopefully the kid gets the help he needs but I don’t want him any where near the Preds organization.
This organization prides itself on helping guys out so he's not going anywhere. This doesn't even come close to what Ribeiro was doing.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Did the Q even check for security footage....
They probably just went to whatever league/game feeds they had running but didn't bother with facilities cams. Whups.

Too bad, he was rolling along quite well, but after missing so many games to start the season, a lengthy suspension - possibly season-ending one - will hurt.

I also didn't like the trade up at the time... the 2 picks Carolina got were in pretty nice spots in that draft. The guy they took Scott Morrow is probably going to be a much better player than L'Heureux, but there were some other fun prospects around in that 2nd round too. Well, I probably say that somewhere earlier in this thread... or at least hopefully, so I'm not just flat out contradicting myself with this post. :) But anyway, if they can harness L'Heureux's emotion and get it channeled the right way, he can still turn out to be a good pick. Just wouldn't have been my preferred way to use those two picks given the board on draft day. Oh well. That ship has sailed, so all we can do is hope they get him focused in Milwaukee next year and he works out for us in the long run.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
lighten up Frances...I hope Poile pulls him from the Q and puts him in Milwaukees top 6 ASAP
I think they'll honor his CHL suspension. I'm not sure if the CHL-NHL agreement forces them to honor it or not, but I suspect they would. Technically he's still in junior, and junior-aged, so they wouldn't normally be able to just call him up to the AHL anyway.

Plus Halifax is a really good team, so their season isn't likely to be over too early.

Plus on top of that the Ads are pretty loaded on the wings... he wouldn't play ahead of Tomasino, Evangelista, Sherwood, Schneider, Nurmi, Leonard, or Afanaseyev anyway. Best he could do would be to bump Mutter from the 4th line.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Getting him in the AHL may be the best thing for getting him to stop doing this because if he tries some of the stuff he’s done in juniors someone is going to kick his ass so bad he ends up in the hospital.
Also puts him under closer guidance from our extended coaching staff and older prospects. Being around more mature players should help

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Screen Shot 2023-02-10 at 5.01.04 PM.png

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
I'm going to wait. Raise your hand if you did not act like a POS as a kid. I'm waiting.
Hey I’m old now and was one of the worst people for heckling in my area when I was a kid. Looking back now I’m embarrassed every time I think of it. I probably came very close a couple times to getting a baseball or bat in the head and would have deserved it.

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
Defending this is ridiculous, come on. Not only is using your stick as a weapon (no matter how mildly) against a spectator unequivocally bad, but this is his NINTH suspension in 4 seasons. This is not just "kids acting like kids". If that was the case every Q/CHL player would have that laundry list of suspensions.

And yeah a couple of them aren't a huge deal like the staged fight one but he's spit on at least one guy, bad high sticks, etc. Guy has a problem. Not saying it's insurmountable but the org better do something to get it under control quickly.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
The spitting excuse seems a little far-fetched to me. It's kind of an obvious go-to if you want to try to defend the action, right? But in the video, it sure looks like he's loading up the speargun with a lot of glass between him and the fan. I don't know if the fan was supposed to be lobbing a mortar over the glass or what... but the video sure doesn't make that scenario seem particularly credible? :dunno:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
The spitting excuse seems a little far-fetched to me. It's kind of an obvious go-to if you want to try to defend the action, right? But in the video, it sure looks like he's loading up the speargun with a lot of glass between him and the fan. I don't know if the fan was supposed to be lobbing a mortar over the glass or what... but the video sure doesn't make that scenario seem particularly credible? :dunno:
I'll be real honest I could care less. He's a hot headed kid, could be worse, he could be Mike Ribiero

Reactions: triggrman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad