Prospect Info: At 27th Overall The Predators Select Zachary L'Heureux

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Would be nice if his return can push Halifax over the top. They have been a "good team" but not quite cracked into the CHL top-10 so far. They have the leading scorer in Jordan Dumais, so if there is any avenue for L'Heureux to get onboard with Dumais the numbers could skyrocket for him.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Says he had surgery to repair a hernia. 2G 1A in 2 games so far. Glad to see he isnt too rusty

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
L'heureux could face serious sanctions in the QMJHL.

He reportedly hit a fan with his stick.

Great another behavior project. Poile would not have it any other way. I know it’s a problem in society but Nashville has had more than there share of pro athletes with issues both the Titans and the Preds. Drunks , substance abuse, spousal abuse, weapons charges, but fan abuse seems to be a new one.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I guess, give me context and a video of what actually happened? It's not really something you can comment about without that? :dunno:

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
This is google translated to English from the article

Leaving the rink, L'Heureux would have committed a completely unsightly gesture towards a 16-year-old teenager. Indeed, several witnesses claim that the player deliberately struck a supporter with a stick. The young man's mother came out on Twitter to the effect that it was her 16-year-old who received the stick and not the 5-year-old, who was next to it. She says no one was hurt.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
This is google translated to English from the article

Leaving the rink, L'Heureux would have committed a completely unsightly gesture towards a 16-year-old teenager. Indeed, several witnesses claim that the player deliberately struck a supporter with a stick. The young man's mother came out on Twitter to the effect that it was her 16-year-old who received the stick and not the 5-year-old, who was next to it. She says no one was hurt.
So was he trying to give his stick to a fan? Seriously no clue what is being said here

Edit: read through the article (best i could google translate tries hard). Seems like the mother says L'Heureux intentionally pokes/hits her kid with his stick. League to investigate. Noone got hurt but really dumb thing for L'Heureux to do if he did it.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Who knows. It could be anything from serious to nothingburger from anything we know so far.

L'Heureux definitely has a bulls-eye on his back in the Q, though. Probably mostly justified. So he does have some issues to overcome on his path with us. But I would stop short of adding this incident to the list... so far... based on no evidence presented, anyway. :dunno:

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
My guess is he probably threw his stick in frustration and it inadvertently hit someone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad