Prospect Info: At 27th Overall The Predators Select Zachary L'Heureux

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
I just find it a bit odd that people bash players like Perry, Wilson, Benn and Marchand for doing this kind of stuff but when it’s a player in the Preds organization they’ll go out of their way to make excuses or try to defend him because he’s OUR numb nuts POS.

Reactions: Viqsi and PredsV82

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I just find it a bit odd that people bash players like Perry, Wilson, Benn and Marchand for doing this kind of stuff but when it’s a player in the Preds organization they’ll go out of their way to make excuses or try to defend him because he’s OUR numb nuts POS.
Different expectations for a kid and grown men.

Reactions: maplepred

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Different expectations for a kid and grown men.
That said, these "kids" at 19 have had a lot of life experience that not a lot of us have at that age, they've lived away from home for a few years already, interacted with media, been drafted by NHL teams and gone to orientation and camps and things. They should be pretty far AHEAD of the average 19-year old.

And every other "kid" on every other team for the last who knows how many years has walked past that heckler in Gatineau without trying to spear him.

Sooooo... yeah, nobody should be under any illusions whatsoever that L'Heureux is a "special case". We can't defend him, all we can do is hope he can still grow out of it.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Not using it for a defense but you can't really compare the antics of a kid to those of NHL Vets. Now if he's doing said dumb shit when he 25 or older then have at it.

That said, these "kids" at 19 have had a lot of life experience that not a lot of us have at that age, they've lived away from home for a few years already, interacted with media, been drafted by NHL teams and gone to orientation and camps and things. They should be pretty far AHEAD of the average 19-year old.

And every other "kid" on every other team for the last who knows how many years has walked past that heckler in Gatineau without trying to spear him.

Sooooo... yeah, nobody should be under any illusions whatsoever that L'Heureux is a "special case". We can't defend him, all we can do is hope he can still grow out of it.
I mean I hadn't done the NHL stuff but by 19 I had already been working for 7 years, gone to college and was living on my own. Now he might have more life experience than kids today but sure as hell not me at that age.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Don’t get it twisted. I was a punk at 19, hell I’m 50 and still a bit of one. I’ve also not bashed any of those guys. You can’t play on the edge without knowing where it is.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Not using it for a defense but you can't really compare the antics of a kid to those of NHL Vets. Now if he's doing said dumb shit when he 25 or older then have at it.
Well how's about compare it to the antics of what, 1000 other kids at his level of major junior hockey in Canada? Nobody else speared a fan or got 9 suspensions, right? Either way, his behaviour stands out.

I guess it sounds like "a defense" when people post something that excuses his actions based on age, and then to others it sounds like "an attack" when the exceptional nature of his transgressions is pointed out. But in reality, it's just what it is. That's what he did, and it's not normal in junior hockey, not by any standard of age or level. Meanwhile, EVERY Nashville fan wants him to make our team and be a good player for us and hopes he learns and matures.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I'm not sure why there are pages and pages of discussion.

He did something stupid and really bad. The fact that he is a kid means he will get a chance to prove he can grow up and do better.

The fact that he has a history gives us all reason to worry that he might not actually do better.

Time will tell.

There really isn't much more to say.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I'm not sure why there are pages and pages of discussion.

He did something stupid and really bad. The fact that he is a kid means he will get a chance to prove he can grow up and do better.

The fact that he has a history gives us all reason to worry that he might not actually do better.

Time will tell.

There really isn't much more to say.
There are pages and pages of discussion, because he's a 1st round pick, and we're invested as fans. There were questions posted about just what exactly it was he did. There were answers, followups, etc. Isn't that what HFBoards is for? :dunno:

Reactions: Dadof5boys

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017

Bias of the kid being in our organization aside, there is a big difference between a 19 year old prospect with a couple incidents in Juniors and two 15+ year veterans with extended track records.

He can absolutely still learn from these experiences and grown up to not be a "numb nuts POS"

Reactions: Armourboy

cool beans

I didn't know
Jul 8, 2022
This dude hasn’t even made the preds roster/ played an NHL game yet/ or even played a paid professional game for that matter.

I for one am looking forward to someone with some tenacity, who won’t be of a country club member mentality.

Reactions: Armourboy

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Easy to sit and judge a kid's actions when we nothing about him behind the scenes. We all grew up in different households. Each one was different, good, bad or indifferent. What if his dad was an alcoholic who physically, mentally and emotionally abused him and the rest of his family?

I'm not so concerned as to what he did but the why behind it.

None of this is meant to excuse his actions but it may shed some light as to why he committed those actions.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Easy to sit and judge a kid's actions when we nothing about him behind the scenes. We all grew up in different households. Each one was different, good, bad or indifferent. What if his dad was an alcoholic who physically, mentally and emotionally abused him and the rest of his family?

I'm not so concerned as to what he did but the why behind it.

None of this is meant to excuse his actions but it may shed some light as to why he committed those actions.
Oh my. Better to lock this up.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
I was using this as an example, not saying it happened. We have no idea what this kid’s life has been like and his behavior could very well be a byproduct of the environment he grew up in.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
istockphoto-156024466-170667a.jpg

Remember. A little overcooking never hurts anything.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
He has a goal and 2 assists today for the Moose in game 5. Has easily been Halifax's best forward during the playoffs and especially in the last 3 games winning them with Dumais injured. Has really stepped up and has been keeping a lid on the stupid stuff so far.
Looks like the game maybe got a little chippy too, so bonus points to him for keeping the lid on when things heat up.
:handclap:

Reactions: PredsV82

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Come what may in the last game or two in the QMJHL finals, I think it has been something of a banner playoff for L'Heureux. I guess one expects a graduating junior who was a 1st-round NHL draft pick to be a dominant junior player in his final year. That's just kind of par for the course. His regular season was delayed by injury and interrupted by suspensions so 42 pts in 33 games wasn't particularly conclusive of anything. But I feel like he has taken another step in the playoffs. Right now he's at 19gm-10g-15a-25pts-39pim. Halifax could get eliminated Sunday, they are down 3-2 in the finals. But it has been a good playoff for L'Heureux either way. He might be 3rd on his team in scoring, but he seems to bring a strong presence every night. That's about all that we could have hoped for?
:dunno:

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Well, considering those were frozen "chicken" nuggets when they were put in the oven I'm not sure there's much of an argument that they are any worse off. Different, but not "hurt".
FYI: I was awakened one night with the fire alarm going off in my house. It was full of smoke and I was worried. Apparently my wife decided to “cook” my daughter some pizza rolls. I had been using the air fryer to cook them which takes about 10 minutes, so naturally my wife puts 10 of the rolls in the microwave for 10 minutes. You can imagine what happens when she left the kitchen and was waiting for the microwave to finish.

• Haha
Reactions: nine_inch_fang

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad