Prospect Info: At 27th Overall The Predators Select Zachary L'Heureux

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
From the article:

"So it’s just really knowing when to cross it and when to stay on it — maybe take your licks and find another opportunity.”

L'Heurex is the new Marchand confirmed.
He definitely doesn't sound very contrite or self-aware in that article, but fine. He'll learn or he won't, we'll see. His playoff was certainly promising. I would imagine at least 2 years in Milwaukee for him, so we've got lots of time to gather new data on his evolution.

Reactions: Viqsi

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
I love that all these articles keep leaving off the part of the 16 year olds dad throwing beer at him. They should be happy they only got the butt end of a stick.....

I hope the kid makes a push to unseat someone on the bottom of the roster.

Reactions: maplepred

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I love that all these articles keep leaving off the part of the 16 year olds dad throwing beer at him. They should be happy they only got the butt end of a stick.....

Yeah, if I throw beer on a hockey player, I do think it's reasonable for that hockey player to attack my 16-year old kid for sure, that's clearly the appropriate response. :sarcasm:

Plus dad must have done it much earlier in the game, because the video clearly shows L'Heureux starting his charge from far away before any of that could have happened. It's the same as the magic spit theory. Just making excuses for a brainfart from the player.

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro

Do you have a link for this? This is the first I’ve heard about the dad throwing beer.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
A link-no. He has a family member that plays travel soccer with my daughter. So straight from a family member.

And the Dad moved out of the way. It's why the kid got hit. It stinks,

but it is what it is at this point.
Have you even watched the video? There is a video. You can find it in this thread. See if you think that matches what your buddy reported? :huh:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I mean I've been pretty supportive of the guy but if the kid's Dad threw a beer on him and then ran away causing his kid to get hit I don't think he gets the suspension he did.

That sounds like one of those created stories or rather maybe two different stories that have merged together, traveled down the family line, and is no longer actual reality. Kind of like every family saying their great great grandmother was " a Cherokee Princess " and now that everyone is taking their DNA tests for family origins they are finding out it definitely was a load of bull. :laugh:

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Whether the dad threw the beer or not doesn’t matter. L’Heureux messed up and all we can say is hopefully he learnt his lesson. It sounds like he is remorseful and I’m sure he just got carried away in the moment. He’s young and full of piss and vinegar. He F’ed up and he knows it. Worse has happened in the hockey world.
Let’s just hope he flies a little straighter and learns from this incident and becomes the player the drafted him to be.
I wish him the best of luck and hope to see him in a Preds jersey sooner than later.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I mean I've been pretty supportive of the guy but if the kid's Dad threw a beer on him and then ran away causing his kid to get hit I don't think he gets the suspension he did.

That sounds like one of those created stories or rather maybe two different stories that have merged together, traveled down the family line, and is no longer actual reality. Kind of like every family saying their great great grandmother was " a Cherokee Princess " and now that everyone is taking their DNA tests for family origins they are finding out it definitely was a load of bull. :laugh:
I’ve known Token for awhile, I’m going to trust he’s correct

From the article:

"So it’s just really knowing when to cross it and when to stay on it — maybe take your licks and find another opportunity.”

L'Heurex is the new Marchand confirmed.
I like it. You would have hated playing against me and hipcheck85

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I mean, he can be correct about his daughter playing soccer with L'Heureux's little sister and hearing it from that, and... it can still be completely false. The video very obviously doesn't show any of that. :dunno:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN

I like it. You would have hated playing against me and hipcheck85
I'm not saying he is lying about it or that I distrust him, it's further up the family line I don't really trust. It's literally the first time we've heard that one. I just have a hard time believing that wouldn't have been tossed out by the team, league, or heck even from his own mouth if that was the instigation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Some people here have a pretty high sense of moral superiority that I bet they would have a hard time maintaining under the spotlight, as a teenager, or in a highly competitive situation with all of the above attached.

But you know...toss your stones and all that.

Let’s just hope he flies a little straighter and learns from this incident and becomes the player the drafted him to be.
I wish him the best of luck and hope to see him in a Preds jersey sooner than later.
This

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Some people here have a pretty high sense of moral superiority that I bet they would have a hard time maintaining under the spotlight, as a teenager, or in a highly competitive situation with all of the above attached.

But you know...toss your stones and all that.

This
I don't feel like it's any sense of "moral superiority" to say you shouldn't spear a 16-year old fan after a game? I mean, that's obvious and hardly anybody has ever done it in the history of the game? :dunno:

Reactions: Viqsi and Enoch

Olderfan

Jul 3, 2019
1. Aggressive, tough, feisty, hard-nosed, self assertive-love having players like this

2. Out of control-nope, none of these.

He leans toward #2 upon occasion. Now he has parents, teachers, coaches, friends. He needs some counseling and advice but maturity mostly.

There have been multiple good players that have attributes as in #1 above without reverting to area 2 attributes.

He has some good skills; he needs to consider the risk to his future of certain actions.

Reactions: Enoch and hido

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
I don't feel like it's any sense of "moral superiority" to say you shouldn't spear a 16-year old fan after a game? I mean, that's obvious and hardly anybody has ever done it in the history of the game? :dunno:
You do you. I could care less. I agree it is a reprehensible act, and yet, I don't live in absolute moral judgment of the kid at every post and mention of his name.

You can... you know ... move on and see what a kid who has yet to fully develop both mentally (the frontal lobe which really is key in making these non-impulsive decisions is not even close to being developed for him) and physically learns and turns out to be.

He could be a trash human. He could also end up being a stand up guy who made a terrible mistake.

Imagine yourself as a teenager and how stupid you were. Some people take that too far. And yet ... some of the best people I know have the most eye opening redemption stories, learning moments, etc.

But again ... you do you.

We can agree and disagree. I enjoy you as a poster and person (from what I have read/learned), just not in this area (or while reading today fwiw lol).

1. Aggressive, tough, feisty, hard-nosed, self assertive-love having players like this

2. Out of control-nope, none of these.

He leans toward #2 upon occasion. Now he has parents, teachers, coaches, friends. He needs some counseling and advice but maturity mostly.

There have been multiple good players that have attributes as in #1 above without reverting to area 2 attributes.

He has some good skills; he needs to consider the risk to his future of certain actions.

Agreed

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
You do you. I could care less. I agree it is a reprehensible act, and yet, I don't live in absolute moral judgment of the kid at every post and mention of his name.

You can... you know ... move on and see what a kid who has yet to fully develop both mentally (the frontal lobe which really is key in making these non-impulsive decisions is not even close to being developed for him) and physically learns and turns out to be.

He could be a trash human. He could also end up being a stand up guy who made a terrible mistake.

Imagine yourself as a teenager and how stupid you were. Some people take that too far. And yet ... some of the best people I know have the most eye opening redemption stories, learning moments, etc.

But again ... you do you.

We can agree and disagree. I enjoy you as a poster and person (from what I have read/learned), just not in this area (or while reading today fwiw lol).
I can't see how it's any big deal to just acknowledge that what he did was terrible/unusual while at the same time doing exactly what you say and hoping he moves on and matures. They should be mutually amenable paths. :dunno:

Noboby should make blanket excuses like the crazy spit/beer stuff. We saw the videos. He flipped. There should be no getting around that. And at the the same time, you hope for our prospects to fix their issues and pan out in the end? :dunno:

Reactions: Viqsi

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
My biggest concern with this prospect is that the majority of conversation around him has nothing to do with his offensive abilities, defensive abilities, scoring ability, stick handling or skating but about his universally unacceptable behavior.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
My biggest concern with this prospect is that the majority of conversation around him has nothing to do with his offensive abilities, defensive abilities, scoring ability, stick handling or skating but about his universally unacceptable behavior.
But.... that's because we really haven't seen much of the other stuff..

Hopefully he has more sense that just trying to be the second coming of Jordin Tootoo... time will tell

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Remember the Nichol/Thornton incident many moons ago? Has Nichol matured as he’s aged? I’d have to think he has to be in the position he’s earned. Who better for the kid to learn from than Nichol?

I said this a while back and two things we don’t know, what this kid’s home life was like and what happened before he came off the ice. We all have different experiences and none of us would know how we’d react in that situation. We’d like to think we do but we have the ability to sit back, rationalize and then post about it. This kid made a snap judgement.

How many great players have done regrettable things? Tkachuk? Marchand? Tootoo? They all have. Yet Marchand appears to be a pretty decent dude now. Tootoo appears to be doing great, especially with his sobriety. Tkachuk, still a work in progress but I bet no one here would blink if the Preds acquired him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad