Prospect Info: At 27th Overall The Predators Select Zachary L'Heureux

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Looks like he got a game misconduct for cross checking. He's been rolling up the points at a pretty crazy pace so far, but the misconducts seem to be moving towards a theme.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Sounds like il n'est pas heureux! One of the first steps he can take is keep piling up points for however long Desnoyers is away. Granted he'll still have Dumais around, but if he can keep up the scoring pace with the superline missing Desnoyers, that will be a good first statement.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I like the chip on his shoulder and the attitude. Hopefully Jeannot can teach a few things about playing within the lines and he’ll turn out a solid pick

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
I like the chip on his shoulder and the attitude. Hopefully Jeannot can teach a few things about playing within the lines and he’ll turn out a solid pick
L’Heureux will have to spend several years in the AHL once he’s eligible to play in that league. I highly doubt that he makes the NHL roster until he’s around 24 (that’s six years from now). Not sure where Jeannot will be in six years.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
L’Heureux will have to spend several years in the AHL once he’s eligible to play in that league. I highly doubt that he makes the NHL roster until he’s around 24 (that’s six years from now). Not sure where Jeannot will be in six years.
Got any lottery numbers?

Reactions: weeze

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Sounds like maybe he got in trouble again? Cross-check to the throat major and match penalty last game (along with 2g, 1a). Was up to 38pts in 23games... so a good start to the "piling up points while Desnoyers is away" plan. But won't help if he gets suspended again. :(

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Sounds like maybe he got in trouble again? Cross-check to the throat major and match penalty last game (along with 2g, 1a). Was up to 38pts in 23games... so a good start to the "piling up points while Desnoyers is away" plan. But won't help if he gets suspended again. :(

Sounds like Scott Nichol needs to take him under his wing ASAP

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I'm not going to be that concerned with it yet. I didn't expect him to flip a switch just because he was drafted. It's going to be a process to reign in that aggression without totally neutering his game. And as he is still in that same juniors environment, I don't see it improving a whole lot there, maybe at the AHL level, especially when he runs up against some guys that can feed him a real dose of humility.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
My main concern at this point is just him losing playing time. Because he had 4 suspensions last year, they already tagged on extra games earlier this for his status as a repeat offender. Now he's repeated again, so presumably the duration could grow again. And so on for any additional ones he gets this year or next.

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
Sounds like his coaches aren't doing a real good job of teaching him how to harness it without going over the line.
Gotta mature. There’s a difference between aggressive and wild. He’s wild. Jeannot and Trenin are aggressive. Somebody will teach him; some combination of referees, coaches or players. If not and he reaches the NHL then a number of players will teach him. I do admire his spirit but under control.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Sounds like his coaches aren't doing a real good job of teaching him how to harness it without going over the line.
Coaches that may or may not care about him crossing the line and a bunch of teenagers on the other teams that are more worried about getting him to do something stupid than actually play the game probably are a good combo.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth

Beat goes on for L’Heureux. With the cancellations and the suspension I guess he will play in February or whenever next time.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

Beat goes on for L’Heureux. With the cancellations and the suspension I guess he will play in February or whenever next time.

Kid needs to get to Milwaukee ASAP. But I'm guessing it will be year after next, with the canadian junior rules...

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
Watched the video and have 2 observations:
1. Came in with stick high. Not accidental. Looked to just be one of those scrums where players push, grab, hold, face wash and talk trash. But he came late and high. Worthy of a major and suspension. Opponent was just standing there. That’s not aggressive; that’s loss of control.
2. With all the good players out there national teams don’t need that risk out there. It wasn’t his lack of skill that cost him a spot; it was likely his propensity for plays like this. Bottom line: Controlled aggression; keep the attitude but think!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad