At 15th Overall (via Trade) the Red Wings Select G Sebastian Cossa

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
I like the aggressive move to go and get ‘your guy’.
Cossa is an intriguing prospect. His numbers were off the chart ! His size and athleticism are perfectly suited for the NHL.

I just really wish their guy wasn’t a goalie.

I’m nervous about the insane draft capital we just invested in the goaltender position in the last 24 hours… basically an entire years draft.

1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th for Cossa and Ned

bellringer77

Nov 14, 2017
I am pretty pissy about it to be honest. We desperately need center help. Why do we refuse to take a risk at the position. It does not effing matter what you have in net if your center depth is non existent. It means absolutely zilch. We have all seen the even semi proven goalies can be had relatively cheap. This is the first time I’ve been mad at Steve Yzerman.

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Ill say it......This is a dumb pick especially trading up for him.

What makes you say this?

Don’t forget this is a weaker draft…. I know a lot of people are wanting to draft an explosive offensive talent, but there aren’t many of those available…

Next year will be heavy on F and I doubt Detroit is any good again this year, so the explosive F everyone is wanting will be selected next year…

Reactions: rangersblues

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
So excited to see how this kid develops. Hard not to get excited about a goalie with his size and compete level.

Nedeljkovic means they can let him take his time and develop the right way.

Despite your avatar, I'll ask what was your take on Wallstedt versus Cossa and how much you preferred one over the other?

bellringer77

Nov 14, 2017
To put it into perspective out of all the goalies ever taken in the first round only 6 goalies have over 350 wins. Out of all the goalies drafted in the first there have been 14 goalies that played 6 or less games total! 14!!!!!!!

Reactions: FlashyG

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I like the aggressive move to go and get ‘your guy’.
Cossa is an intriguing prospect. His numbers were off the chart ! His size and athleticism are perfectly suited for the NHL.

I just really wish their guy wasn’t a goalie.

I’m nervous about the insane draft capital we just invested in the goaltender position in the last 24 hours… basically an entire years draft.

1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th for Cossa and Ned
Benefit of having many picks. I think it's definitely a worthwhile investment. Whether it will work out remains to be seen but there's no denying there needed to be a massive investment in the goaltending position and now we have two legit options for the future.

Reactions: Mount Suribachi

Shultzyfeelinirie25

Jun 29, 2018
Benefit of having many picks. I think it's definitely a worthwhile investment. Whether it will work out remains to be seen but there's no denying there needed to be a massive investment in the goaltending position and now we have two legit options for the future.
Agree and with the next two drafts being forward heavy draft forwards then

Reactions: rangersblues

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I am down with this both in terms of the player and the trade up. I like seeing the boss plant a flag and have some conviction on a guy.

Reactions: simonedvinsson

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Wow. Yzerman took both the players I thought were most overrated in the top-30.

I was wrong about Seider, so hopefully I'm wrong here, but this draft is a huge disappointment to me so far.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
We had literally no goalies of note in the system... unless you thought Carter Gylander was gonna swing back and nab the net.

We just lost Petruzelli, Larsson was very disappointing, Von Pottelberghe isn't coming to NA, which saddens me.

Goalie of the future was a massive hole for this team. So was center... but Cossa could potentially be an elite goalie. Were there any real elite centers at where we picked?

Reactions: simonedvinsson

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
I feel we’re suddenly good on the back-end. Didn’t expect this… at all.

At this point Stevie has his own agenda and doesn’t give a crap about what the fans or analysts feel or think, ha. He clearly went into this draft with his two guys despite Eklund falling.

I think this is my favorite pick of the modern Wings era. Literally can be a franchise goalie.

I’ll be honest, I didn’t know who I wanted at 6. A lot don’t seem happy with Stevie not picking Eklund. Cossa I wanted though.

Reactions: 14ari13

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
There wasn't a trade up though...

Trading up is something you do when a player falls like Chychrun. It's an odd move.
No, but I recall many people saying Yzerman could/should have traded down to pick Seider.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad