Red Sox/MLB ASTROS WIN THE WORLD SERIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
This entire series has been great.

It's amazing how both teams just continue to battle. Never out of the game.

As much as I want it to go 7 for entertainment value, I really hope Houston wraps this up in game 6 with Verlander on the mound.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Am I the only one rooting for the Dodgers? For some reason I find the Astros incredibly obnoxious. Bregman's post game interview was the breaking point. What a frat bro.

I used to hate the Dodgers, but I love Dave Roberts, Chase Utley, and can't get enough Puig.

Last edited:

Nose Face Killah

Dracarys
Dec 2, 2012
MA
Am I the only one rooting for the Dodgers? For some reason I find the Astros incredibly obnoxious. Bregman's postage interview was the breaking point. What a frat bro.

I used to hate the Dodgers, but I love Dave Roberts, Chase Utley, and can't get enough Puig.

I like a lot of players on both teams but other than that I don’t mind if either team wins.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Am I the only one rooting for the Dodgers? For some reason I find the Astros incredibly obnoxious. Bregman's postage interview was the breaking point. What a frat bro.

Like Roberts and then we part ways. Puig is prima donna and Utley is a dirty player IMO.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Astros relievers petrified

Game plan - Verlander needs to win

If not

McCullers & Morton in game 7

Pretty much.

I don't know if Verlander has enough in the tank to go the distance, and have no idea who they can count on to get through that Dodgers lineup unblemished.

I haven't heard anything but I was worried Brian McCann may have been hurt after getting hit by a pitch. All of the Astros' pitchers speak highly of how he calls games.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I hate being old and needing sleep. In my 20s that never would have happened.

I don't think Kershaw is a choke artist, but his playoff issues are real. He just gets too amped up? Overthrows? And that makes him miss his spots?
YAH, you're wicked old lol

well if you were....Justin Verlander in game 6 on the road to win the World Series is eerily similar to 1986 when Roger Clemens was in the same spot

Both pitchers were at the top of their game and although Clemens was early in his career and Verlander later, they are two of the best pitchers of the last 50 years

Boston hadn't won in 68 years and the Astros never have

I remember driving home down 93 that night from work in 1986 thinking the Red Sox are one win away from something I never thought would happen....it was a beautiful day- the leaves had turned and everything just seemed so perfect; it felt like a dream, it really did

but then the worst feeling I have ever felt in sports- it was as horrible as I have ever felt, it was like like the worst hangover ever experienced but it wouldn't go away over time....when I woke next day my first thought was did that really happen

my Sports Illustrated was still sitting on the kitchen table with Jim Rice sliding home with only run in a game 1 win....I tore it up, not kidding and tossed it in the trash.....and there was still game 7 out there to be played

It was like the undefeated Super Bowl feeling on steroids....

Verlander can solidify his spot in Cooperstown I would think with a big win tomorrow night- he has that Schillingesque playoff feel about him

if not....the thought of game 7 with Charlie Morton and Kershaw coming out of the pen in the 6th inning is pretty enticing

but I want Houston to win this in 6 and Verlander to be the guy who does it

Last edited:

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
For as much as Game 6 and Buckner's error have become part of lore, I don't know why people ignore the following Game 7. That was also a game they had in hand and should've won. They had a 3 run lead in the 6th or 7th IIRC. McNamara went right back to a shell shocked Schiraldi, terribly dumb move, and he blew it again. Hurst ran out of gas, the bullpen struggled again, very much compounded by Oil Can coming to the park in no shape to pitch.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Am I the only one rooting for the Dodgers? For some reason I find the Astros incredibly obnoxious. Bregman's post game interview was the breaking point. What a frat bro.

I am too.

Love Dave Roberts. Love Seager and Bellinger. I love that they have a ton of great American players. They’re not the Lakers so the LA factor doesn’t bother me.

Oh, ya...I f***ing HATE Brian McCann

Save By Thomas

Jive Turkey
Nov 12, 2011
The armpit of California
Unlike the majority of posters here I am not a Red Sox fan. I've been rooting for the Oakland A's for nearly forty years. I despise the Dodgers, and nearly puke every freaking October when they show Kirk Gibson hobbling around the bases pumping his fist. I'm not really rooting for the Astros, I'm rooting against L.A.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Dodgers bullpen clutch so far, Houston have 6 hits to 3 but 1 run to 2, leaving a lot of guys stranded.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
If they hold this for two innings, game 7 is going to be all Kershaw and Keuchel out of the pen

What a series

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Josh Reddick is having an abysmal series. And postseason for that matter. I cna't believe Hinch is still starting him over Beltran.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
I may be wrong, but it feels like the Astros blew their chance today. This one was was VERY winnable for them.

But this great series absolutely deserved a game 7.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I may be wrong, but it feels like the Astros blew their chance today. This one was was VERY winnable for them.

But this great series absolutely deserved a game 7.

Astros top of the 5th was the killer

upload_2017-11-1_1-14-16.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad