Red Sox/MLB ASTROS WIN THE WORLD SERIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Astros top of the 5th was the killer

View attachment 82011

They should've won tonight, agreed. Verlander on the mound with a lead into the 6th. They win those more often than not.

Josh Reddick has been horrible, his AB was the turning point tonight. 2nd and 3rd, no out, pitcher on deck, and he can't even put the ball in play. Reddick is a good kid, and had the best season of his career this year, but since the 3rd game of the ALDS he's been completely overmatched.

And the only options to replace him are Beltran, who is probably too old to play the field, and Maybin, who hasn't given them anything but defensive replacement help since joining the roster, and Fisher, a pinch runner. As great as the Astros bats are, OF depth is their weak link offensively, and could be their downfall unless he breaks that slump tomorrow. Marwin Gonzalez is technically a shortstop who's just playing left because the IF is stacked. That team has no outfield beyond Springer if Reddick's going to sleep through the playoffs.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
I don't actually care one way or the other now who wins tonight, I'll be happy for Rich Hill if the Dodgers win but don't care about the team itself. The fact that the game he pitched ended with a W is enough for me. I'm one of those that still thinks the Astro's have no business being in the American League so I don't want them to win just for the fact that I don't see them as an AL team :)

Reactions: Seidenbergy

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
They should've won tonight, agreed. Verlander on the mound with a lead into the 6th. They win those more often than not.

Josh Reddick has been horrible, his AB was the turning point tonight. 2nd and 3rd, no out, pitcher on deck, and he can't even put the ball in play. Reddick is a good kid, and had the best season of his career this year, but since the 3rd game of the ALDS he's been completely overmatched.

And the only options to replace him are Beltran, who is probably too old to play the field, and Maybin, who hasn't given them anything but defensive replacement help since joining the roster, and Fisher, a pinch runner. As great as the Astros bats are, OF depth is their weak link offensively, and could be their downfall unless he breaks that slump tomorrow. Marwin Gonzalez is technically a shortstop who's just playing left because the IF is stacked. That team has no outfield beyond Springer if Reddick's going to sleep through the playoffs.

Since the ALDS when he got 6 hits in 16 AB, he's hitting .106 for the postseason. How he hasn't been dropped in the order at least is beyond me.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Actually don't. Back in 2007 when they first did this (Jacoby stole the base that won America a free taco) I went down to one and it was a zoo. You would have thought they were handing out 100 dollar bills, not 79 cent tacos.

If you are smart, you won’t go to Taco Bell, crowded or not...

Unless you want to pay for it roughly 60-120 minutes after ingesting the “food”.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Bruins aren't on tonight, so this may actually be the first baseball game I watch all season. I grew up in SoCal, but was a big Angels fan and cared much more for them than the Dodgers. Though 1988 Game 1 still provided one of the more memorable moments of my freshman year in college. Then the heartbreak that was 2003 solidified me as a Sox fan, though my interest in baseball has waned considerably these past few years. Sounds like I missed a doozy in game 5.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
If you are smart, you won’t go to Taco Bell, crowded or not...

Unless you want to pay for it roughly 60-120 minutes after ingesting the “food”.
I eat more fast food than I really should, and I've never had these urban legend after-effects of Taco Bell.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I eat more fast food than I really should, and I've never had these urban legend after-effects of Taco Bell.

I rarely ate there in the past, but on the few occasions when I did, my stomach would bother me afterwards and typically, not much does.

If I have a craving for Mexican, I just get a bowl at Chipotle, lots of roasted veggies and chicken, black beans, and no after effects.

Reactions: smithformeragent

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Tony LaRussa is joining the front office but it says his exact role hasn’t been defined yet.
Well, someone needs to cut ribbons at public events, since Tom Warner will be busy with the Roseanne reboot. They cant possibly want him in a baseball role. Last time I thought of him was his youtube video of his DUI arrest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad