Red Sox/MLB ASTROS WIN THE WORLD SERIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
So happy to see Houston pull it off. My dad is an Astros fan. He's also a Dallas Cowboys fan and a Canadiens fan. Not only has he seen those two win plenty, but I would never be able to stomach watching either of them win anything in my lifetime. I'm glad he got to see Houston win, and I'm glad I was able to cheer for them.

I feel very, very sorry for you.

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I grew up in Socal and went to a fair number of Dodgers games. But in reality, I was a much much bigger Angels fan. So while 88 was a big moment for me, and was the last year I lived full time in Cali, I stopped following the Dodgers over the years. So that said, I didn't really have a dog in this fight, and based on the summer that Houston had, I was really pulling for the Stros to win this one. I'm glad they did and were able to bring the championship home to the fans there in Houston,.

Reactions: Aeroforce

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
^^^^Mattress Mac's Gallery Furniture. He's not in this commercial (thankfully, as his commercials are truly cringe-worthy). He's the same guy that opened his showroom and warehouse to first responders during Harvey. Great guy and a huge asset to the community. Kinda wish I did this, as I need a new mattress. Though I doubt I would've spent $3,000 for one. ;)

Random thoughts:

Hinch did a masterful job managing his pitching, as he essentially had no bullpen. Hindsight being 20/20, one could say Roberts got out-managed in this regard. But then again, who would've predicted two terrible WS performances by Darvish? I don't know if he was just off, but the Astros were very familiar with him from his years with the Rangers.

Will sound like a curmudgeon here, but I wasn't crazy about Carlos Correa's marriage proposal. It shifted attention away from a great team accomplishment, historic for the city, at a time it really needed it, to something personal that had nothing to do with baseball. But hey, who'd have thought Kate Upton and Miss Texas USA would be a part of the World Series? Wonder if there was some one-ups-manship going on there.

I've seen Jose Altuve listed at either 5'5 or 5'6. Either way, he's a great example of skill and work ethic trumping size, and will be a wonderful model for those aspiring that are told they aren't big enough or anything else.

Alex Cora is going to feel like a kid on Christmas looking out to his bullpen and seeing Craig Kimbrel, after this.

Last edited:

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Always love seeing a new team win. Although the Gurriel stuff really soured me on the magic of the run towards the end. Still happy for the rest of the team and the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad