Red Sox/MLB ASTROS WIN THE WORLD SERIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Both pitchers and coaches have said the balls are different in the series. Seems to be having a very dramatic effect

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Great game. I like Dave Roberts but he completely blew it tonight with that bullpen management. Putting in Morrow who never should've been in the game, then working Jansen to death.

Save By Thomas

Jive Turkey
Nov 12, 2011
The armpit of California
So beautiful to see the Dodgers lose.

tenor.gif

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Gotta admit, as a 40+ year Astros fan, that was very nerve-wracking. Should they go on and win the Series, I'll look back at it as a memorable game; but there were lots of tense moments. At this stage, I'd feel more at ease with Mitch 'Wild Thing' Williams than either Devenski or Giles.

It's amazing they've gotten to Jansen twice; I just hope they don't need to a third time.

I'm leaning toward believing the balls are livelier; there are great hitters on both teams, but this is abnormal.

Been asking around - I don't know if it was a special effect or not when Springer's home run hit the train track and a puff of smoke resulted. Looked cool either way!

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I fell asleep in the recliner in the 8th when LA cut it to 11-9. I remember waking up, groggily seeing it said 12-12 (thinking WTF?), and then dozing off.

One of the best non Red Sox playoff games ever...well at least the eight innings I saw :laugh:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Astros relievers petrified

Game plan - Verlander needs to win

If not

McCullers & Morton in game 7

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Agree

One of best games ever - stayed up and watched because of storm

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
The entire series has been mesmerizing. Last night's game reminded me of the Blue jays 15-14 win over Philly in the 93 series. Awesome.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I hate being old and needing sleep. In my 20s that never would have happened.

I don't think Kershaw is a choke artist, but his playoff issues are real. He just gets too amped up? Overthrows? And that makes him miss his spots?

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I've never wanted a professional team other than Boston to win like Houston

I know exactly what you mean.

In 2001 I was at peace with NYY winning the Series after what the city has been through but when Arizona came roaring back my tribal emotions took over.

I think it is safe to say that everybody living in Houston was affected by Harvey and many lost everything.

In any event I think this is going 7......

Reactions: Aeroforce

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I`m not a baseball guy, the game broke my heart when the Expos moved on. I also tend to be an early to bed guy who never stays up specifically to watch baseball but I can`t get enough of this Astros team, they are a blast to watch and they seem to be a team who`s never really out of it nor do they seem to allow giving up leads get them down.

Fun game, wild game

Reactions: Aeroforce
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad