OT: Association Football Thread (New York Red Bulls, USMNT, And All Soccer Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyrmetros

May 3, 2007
USConcacaf.png

nyrmetros

May 3, 2007
If anyone is interested in watching the USA vs Guatemala game tomorrow night.... Come to Legends 33.... One of the few places you will be able to watch the Ppv broadcast with only a $10 cover which includes a drink voucher....

raist

Gomez + Schweinsteiger = Dreamteam :yo:

Tough hard fought match, not really a thing of beauty, but you have to win those matches too. I am actually surprised (and glad of course) Germany won both matches, didn't expect that to happen. Schweinsteiger seems to come back to form, he chose the perfect moment. :nod:

Petey Pucks

Feb 10, 2009
Jersey City, NJ
Gomez + Schweinsteiger = Dreamteam :yo:

Tough hard fought match, not really a thing of beauty, but you have to win those matches too. I am actually surprised (and glad of course) Germany won both matches, didn't expect that to happen. Schweinsteiger seems to come back to form, he chose the perfect moment. :nod:

that group truly is the group of death because no team is eliminated yet or has qualified yet after 2 group games because depending on how the last games in the group play out there could possibly be a three way tie of 6 points or there could be a three way tie of 3 points

IF??

Germany loses to Denmark and Portugal beat the Netherlands you could have a three way tie of 6 points between Germany Denmark and Portugal

or...

Germany beats Denmark and the Netherlands beat Portugal you could have a three way ties of 3 points between Denmark Portugal and the Netherlands

Of course these are just potential scenarios but it's going to make things very very interesting....The Netherlands have to be sweating right now with that -2 goal differential, but hey it aint over for them just yet!

Looking forward to Italy Croatia tomorrow....Forza Italia!

z1co80

The Incredible Hank
Nov 30, 2007
Scotland
I fancy Croatia to beat Italy today but it could go either way. The Italians are always difficult to play against and usually good defensively.

Croatia 2-1

Of course i also had money on NYR to win the cup and look how that turned out :laugh:

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
anyone in here support the USWNT? they have a couple of friendlies coming up (one tomorrow, one Monday, vs Sweden and Japan respectively) and they're the USA's only shot at Football Gold come London. they're actually the reason i started enjoying the sport. a truly awesome group of women :yo:

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
The Irish Fans win the Singing-Championship. That's the fans every sports club dreams about. Looking forward to the game in Vienna next year.

Ryan McDonut

Jan 18, 2009
New York
really don't see the need to hate him because he was trying to be fancy in a "friendly" meaningless game...hate is a strong word, but he can be obnoxious i agree ...try again though please;)

if you can't understand why people hate him then i dont know what to tell you.

Stugots

YNWA
Jan 10, 2009
Upper West Side
Yeah I'm pretty pissed off I haven't been able to see any of the Euro 2012 matches. As an Italian American, I always root for Italy in the Euro tournament but when it comes to the WC there is no question that I root for the Stars & Stripes. Can't wait to snag that new jersey.

nyrmetros

May 3, 2007
anyone in here support the USWNT? they have a couple of friendlies coming up (one tomorrow, one Monday, vs Sweden and Japan respectively) and they're the USA's only shot at Football Gold come London. they're actually the reason i started enjoying the sport. a truly awesome group of women :yo:

They have my support for sure.

We should have beat Guatemala though. Giving up that free kick goal in the 83 minute definitely hurt.

nyrmetros

May 3, 2007
Yeah I'm pretty pissed off I haven't been able to see any of the Euro 2012 matches. As an Italian American, I always root for Italy in the Euro tournament but when it comes to the WC there is no question that I root for the Stars & Stripes. Can't wait to snag that new jersey.

Thank you for supporting the country that you truly are.... American! C'mon you Yanks!

Petey Pucks

Feb 10, 2009
Jersey City, NJ
if you can't understand why people hate him then i dont know what to tell you.

if you can't understand that hate is a strong word then i don't know what to tell you....to hate a person because they are annoying and immature smacks of ignorance

balotelly is obnoxious no doubt but as I said before who wouldn't have issues at such a young age if this is what they constanty have to deal with and have dealt with since childhood ...here

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...io-balotelli-was-racially-abused-7844957.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad