OT: Association Football Thread (New York Red Bulls, USMNT, And All Soccer Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mti79

May 11, 2007
It's been a good one. Sweden scores, the NYR are all happy. Ukraine answers back. Feds cheers. Wonder if they're all watching together somewhere...

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
I'm rooting for Sweden because I know Ibrahimovic from FIFA, but I can't be mad at who wins because both sides have really hot chick fans. Looks like Sweden can't play D, though.

Petey Pucks

Feb 10, 2009
Jersey City, NJ
You just trashed an entire continent to protect Balotelli. Unbelievable. Italy disgraced themselves by even allowing him to play for them. He hasn't done anything to warrant a call-up to the first team. His hype is all about "potential". They should have told him to **** off and play for Ghana.

you're joking lol because you can't be this ignorant.....he hasn't done anything to warrant a call up you say? ummm he is only 21 years old and look at how he plays already. In 59 league appearances for Inter he had 20 goals before the age of 20 and in 40 league appearances for Man City he has 19 goals before the age of 22.

You say Italy disgraced themselves by allowing him to play for them, why is that? Last I checked he was born in Italy and was raised by his Italian adoptive parents. He grew up there and he knows nothing else so why would he play for Ghana? That's not his country.

And please don't tell me I just trashed an entire continent and sweep europe's racism under the rug....umm how many times have we seen an anti racist theme now at a major european football tournament because Euro 2012 is not the first time

Come out from under your rock....are you even from Romania? Have you been to Europe? It's racism all over the continent is very apparent and there is more than one country that is guilty of this...many in fact. Hence the anti racist agenda at another football tourney....

Petey Pucks

Feb 10, 2009
Jersey City, NJ
So he strolled in on that breakaway and flubbed a golden opportunity to put Italy ahead because Europe is racist? Makes sense.

didn't say that...can you read?

someone said mario is annoying or something to that extent and I just informed him on why he can unfairly appear that way and why mario has some of the frustrations that he does.stick to hockey if you're going to say things like that...we all know he messed up and we all know that has nothing to do with what i was saying;)

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
didn't say that...can you read?

someone said mario is annoying or something to that extent and I just informed him on why he can unfairly appear that way and why mario has some of the frustrations that he does.stick to hockey if you're going to say things like that...we all know he messed up and we all know that has nothing to do with what i was saying;)

You said he gets a bad reputation in part because the continent is racist. I was simply pointing out, albeit sarcastically, that he deserves every bit of his reputation.

Petey Pucks

Feb 10, 2009
Jersey City, NJ
You said he gets a bad reputation in part because the continent is racist. I was simply pointing out, albeit sarcastically, that he deserves every bit of his reputation.

we have to agree to disagree....he deserves some of his reputation i would say...as i said before it's not easy for him

Vidic15*

you're joking lol because you can't be this ignorant.....he hasn't done anything to warrant a call up you say? ummm he is only 21 years old and look at how he plays already. In 59 league appearances for Inter he had 20 goals before the age of 20 and in 40 league appearances for Man City he has 19 goals before the age of 22.

You say Italy disgraced themselves by allowing him to play for them, why is that? Last I checked he was born in Italy and was raised by his Italian adoptive parents. He grew up there and he knows nothing else so why would he play for Ghana? That's not his country.

And please don't tell me I just trashed an entire continent and sweep europe's racism under the rug....umm how many times have we seen an anti racist theme now at a major european football tournament because Euro 2012 is not the first time

Come out from under your rock....are you even from Romania? Have you been to Europe? It's racism all over the continent is very apparent and there is more than one country that is guilty of this...many in fact. Hence the anti racist agenda at another football tourney....

Been to Europe several times. I've been discriminated more in this country (America) than I have there. You make it sound like it's only a problem in Europe.

I watched him at Inter and at City. Stats aside, you can't defend his behavior. Mourinho said he has one brain cell. Completely lost confidence in him, and for good reason. This season at City, Mancini was ready to sell Balotelli after the Kolarov incident. The look on Mancini's face on the sidelines while that whole bust up happened said it all. Let's not forget how he said he would kill anybody who racially abused him outside the the stadiums at the tournament. He's an absolute psychotic.

Petey Pucks

Feb 10, 2009
Jersey City, NJ
Been to Europe several times. I've been discriminated more in this country (America) than I have there. You make it sound like it's only a problem in Europe..

oh it's definitely not just a europe problem. i would say that the discrimination you suffered here is not the same suffered by a black man in a mostly white continent...maybe i'm wrong? maybe you suffered the same? but it's fair to say europe doesn't take kindly to african and many other immigrants.....

I watched him at Inter and at City. Stats aside, you can't defend his behavior. Mourinho said he has one brain cell. Completely lost confidence in him, and for good reason. This season at City, Mancini was ready to sell Balotelli after the Kolarov incident. The look on Mancini's face on the sidelines while that whole bust up happened said it all. Let's not forget how he said he would kill anybody who racially abused him outside the the stadiums at the tournament. He's an absolute psychotic.

that's true and i said before you he has issues but these issue probably run deep from his childhood in Italy and other european countries....he is young and i think will grow out of it....he was very young when he did alot of these things

GarretJoseph*

Shevchenko just pulled a Messier.

Eh. I don't think so. 1 game. Not the 3rd round & 6th game of a series. If Sheva does that in the q-finals, semis or final.. then yeah. I'd agree.

BigDaddyNYR

Calgary Flames GM
Apr 21, 2012
Hartford
That atomosphere was unbelievable.

What a great win for Ukraine, happy for them and that country.

And what a game to, I would say that one has been the best all tournament.

Clowes Line

Cally's Chicken Parm
Aug 11, 2010
New Yawk
www.outsidethegarden.com
CarlHagelin Let's go Sweden get a W against Ukraine!! @MGaborik10 where is Slovakia in EuroCup 2012?

MGaborik10 "@CarlHagelin: Let's go Sweden get a W against Ukraine!! @MGaborik10 where is Slovakia in EuroCup 2012?"... Oooops,too bad for Sweden bud:)

I love these guys. :laugh:

CTRanger

N9Y4R
Jun 20, 2006
The Gold Coast
When he goes it will be for probably around 40 million Euros. I am hearing it is Barca and RM but honestly, Alexis cost Barca 22m. Villa cost them 35m. Affelay and Cuenca are in the wings.

Of those guys, the most likely to make way for Neymar is Villa. But Barca has had more success with Iniesta, Xavi, Fabregas and Busquets on the field than with one of them off it in exchange for two more attacking wingers.

I don't know. It seems like a disaster in the making to me. Neymar should go immediately to Serie A and take a starting role on a champions league team. Jump right into RM or Barca and there will be an adjustment period. The Brazilian league is not the level of the big 4 leagues in Europe.

I agree totally. Notice Spain's first XI yesterday had six midfielders including all four you mention and no forwards. No coincidence Barca and the National Team play a similar style.

Think Villa cost Barca 40m. Neymar will probably cost more and Serie A would be a goo place to start, AC Milan has been mentioned, depending on their financial situation going forward.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
oh it's definitely not just a europe problem. i would say that the discrimination you suffered here is not the same suffered by a black man in a mostly white continent...maybe i'm wrong? maybe you suffered the same? but it's fair to say europe doesn't take kindly to african and many other immigrants.....

that's true and i said before you he has issues but these issue probably run deep from his childhood in Italy and other european countries....he is young and i think will grow out of it....he was very young when he did alot of these things

I'm not sure that's true anymore. I don't know about black people but there are a lot of muslims in Europe now. It's very diverse.

BigDaddyNYR

Calgary Flames GM
Apr 21, 2012
Hartford
lol agreed...i love how kramer reacts

how do i post the video and not the link?

You put the link inbetween these and then it will just show the video.

Or you can go into advanced reply and just press the youtube thing up at the top of where you type your message and it will show the automatically if you forget how to do that.

Hopefully this helps you out.

Petey Pucks

Feb 10, 2009
Jersey City, NJ
I'm not sure that's true anymore. I don't know about black people but there are a lot of muslims in Europe now. It's very diverse.

Certain euro countries are more diverse than others such as England, France, Germany but trust me just because these countries have more open immigration policies doesn't mean these people are welcomed with open arms, especially muslims. There are many black people and muslims(algerians really) in France due to the fact France had colonial territories in africa and elsewhere but it's common knowledge that these people are treated as 2nd class citizens and these people are very aware of it. I have a couple black friends in france, former football pals, that would love to tell you everything. Funny as France loved these professional black players when these men won them a world cup in 98 and a euro in 2000, but the average black man on the street is treated much differently and not afforded the same opportunities. One French politician( forgot his name) went so far as to say the French National Football has too many black players and needs more ethnic white players....look it up!

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I agree totally. Notice Spain's first XI yesterday had six midfielders including all four you mention and no forwards. No coincidence Barca and the National Team play a similar style.

Think Villa cost Barca 40m. Neymar will probably cost more and Serie A would be a goo place to start, AC Milan has been mentioned, depending on their financial situation going forward.

Yah Iniesta was on fire but those guys need a center forward to target... maybe Llorente who would bring much of what they lack.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Guys we're letting the thread go for soccer discussion, not racism discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad